Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Sex and alcohol are the 2 biggest reasons behind people getting fired at FLETC. You should probably go there with the idea of avoiding them both, as much as is possible.

    Especially since probably 70% of the employees at the bars etc are somehow related or personally know someone in Mgmt for CBP or another agency....


    Basically, if you want a good time and no worries... go to Jacksonville or Savannah or Charleston... and get a hotel. Partying in or around FLETC is just trouble... what happens at FLETC, does NOT stay at FLETC.
    Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
    Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
    Graduated Dec 18, 2008

    Its game on from here....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
      Especially since probably 70% of the employees at the bars etc are somehow related or personally know someone in Mgmt for CBP or another agency....


      Basically, if you want a good time and no worries... go to Jacksonville or Savannah or Charleston... and get a hotel. Partying in or around FLETC is just trouble... what happens at FLETC, does NOT stay at FLETC.
      X2, When I was at FLETC Charleston for the Maritime Law Enforcement Academy, Many people were kicked out for fraternizing with people of the opposite sex and for stumbling onto FLETC drunk after a wild night even if they were at the bar on base. Im not sure how Glynco is but at the Charleston facility, security WILL challenge you if you appear to be intoxicated or doing the wrong thing PERIOD! They are not afraid to draw their weapons on you so as long as you stay on your "A" game and not fool around, You'll be fine.
      Last edited by USCG 2 NYPD; 01-28-2009, 08:41 PM.
      N.Y.P.D.

      Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
      Passed:Medical (1/2009)
      Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
      Passed(2:50):JST
      Passed:Mini-Medical
      January 2010 Academy:

      CBP Officer

      Exam Feb, 08: Passed
      Medical: Passed
      PT Test: Passed
      Qualifications GS7: Done
      VBT: Passed
      Backround: Done
      Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
      Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
      Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
      CBP Officer: Florida

      Comment


      • hahahhhaa unless there's a surprise inspection, where instructors bust in and make everyone do laps or something.
        i'm pretty excited about the upcoming opening, really looking forward to JFK/LGA but i'm sure there will be plenty of competition applying for those posts as well.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
          hahahhhaa unless there's a surprise inspection, where instructors bust in and make everyone do laps or something.
          i'm pretty excited about the upcoming opening, really looking forward to JFK/LGA but i'm sure there will be plenty of competition applying for those posts as well.
          Well thats hoping that JFK/LGA is one of them.
          N.Y.P.D.

          Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
          Passed:Medical (1/2009)
          Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
          Passed(2:50):JST
          Passed:Mini-Medical
          January 2010 Academy:

          CBP Officer

          Exam Feb, 08: Passed
          Medical: Passed
          PT Test: Passed
          Qualifications GS7: Done
          VBT: Passed
          Backround: Done
          Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
          Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
          Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
          CBP Officer: Florida

          Comment


          • So i've been watching all three episodes of homeland security and i think its awsome!

            Comment


            • As was said...in many ways FLETC is a small community. CBP is in many ways a small community. You've lost your anonymity when you took this job. From now on, everywhere you go people can and might tag you as a CBPO.

              What you do at FLETC, who you hook up with, all of that can follow you for years after FLETC...especially if you're female. Like it or not, it's pretty much a boy's club there.

              Comment


              • Well since we are on the topic of FLETC's, how is charleston? Ive got the Spanish Training there and Im sure its kind of cold up there right now, but other then that the only thing Ive heard is that the food is somewhat better...

                But Charleston is such a nice place I cant wait to get up there.
                Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                Graduated Dec 18, 2008

                Its game on from here....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                  Well since we are on the topic of FLETC's, how is charleston? Ive got the Spanish Training there and Im sure its kind of cold up there right now, but other then that the only thing Ive heard is that the food is somewhat better...

                  But Charleston is such a nice place I cant wait to get up there.
                  Us Coasties that were there were told the chefs were 5 star hotel chefs. I have to agree with that because after about 2 weeks there, I had gained some wait and found myself in the gym a little more frequent lol. But those who has been there will tell you the Ameri Corp woman are trouble lol. Oh yea, and when entering or exiting the gymnasium,you better not step on the Border Patrol seal on the floor of the Entrance way!!

                  You have to go to downtown Charleston. They have their own little french quarter and its really awesome. Lots of nice eateries and bars there. Definitely, good times there.
                  Last edited by USCG 2 NYPD; 01-28-2009, 10:01 PM.
                  N.Y.P.D.

                  Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
                  Passed:Medical (1/2009)
                  Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
                  Passed(2:50):JST
                  Passed:Mini-Medical
                  January 2010 Academy:

                  CBP Officer

                  Exam Feb, 08: Passed
                  Medical: Passed
                  PT Test: Passed
                  Qualifications GS7: Done
                  VBT: Passed
                  Backround: Done
                  Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
                  Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
                  Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
                  CBP Officer: Florida

                  Comment


                  • you know from all that you guys are saying it really doesnt sound that much different then going to boot camp or military tech school. at least from my point of view anyways. good thing i've been there and done that.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by USCG 2 NYPD View Post
                      Us Coasties that were there were told the chefs were 5 star hotel chefs. I have to agree with that because after about 2 weeks there, I had gained some wait and found myself in the gym a little more frequent lol. But those who has been there will tell you the Ameri Corp woman are trouble lol. Oh yea, and when entering or exiting the gymnasium,you better not step on the Border Patrol seal on the floor of the Entrance way!!

                      You have to go to downtown Charleston. They have their own little french quarter and its really awesome. Lots of nice eateries and bars there. Definitely, good times there.
                      i'm guessing since its since its such a small area the gym is usualy packed huh. is there a track run at FLETC or is it just roads or at the gym in a machine?

                      Comment


                      • does anyone know where all steps of the hiring process are conducted? are they all held the applicant's closest office? if there are offices at an airport as well as downtown office building, which location would the applicant be invited for written exam, interview, background, etc?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by prod View Post
                          i'm guessing since its since its such a small area the gym is usualy packed huh. is there a track run at FLETC or is it just roads or at the gym in a machine?
                          No, the gym at FLETC Charleston is huge. Its just the Border Patrol guys get really offended when people step on their seal since so many gave their lives on the line. Also, they are the most senior agency at FLETC Charleston.
                          N.Y.P.D.

                          Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
                          Passed:Medical (1/2009)
                          Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
                          Passed(2:50):JST
                          Passed:Mini-Medical
                          January 2010 Academy:

                          CBP Officer

                          Exam Feb, 08: Passed
                          Medical: Passed
                          PT Test: Passed
                          Qualifications GS7: Done
                          VBT: Passed
                          Backround: Done
                          Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
                          Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
                          Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
                          CBP Officer: Florida

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by USCG 2 NYPD View Post
                            No, the gym at FLETC Charleston is huge. Its just the Border Patrol guys get really offended when people step on their seal since so many gave their lives on the line. Also, they are the most senior agency at FLETC Charleston.
                            Oh I see makes sence. its the same in the marines. i was actaully asking about Glyco Ga. that is where the school house for CBPO is located at correct?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by prod View Post
                              Oh I see makes sence. its the same in the marines. i was actaully asking about Glyco Ga. that is where the school house for CBPO is located at correct?
                              The fitness center at FLETC/Glynco is rather large, at least from my perspective.

                              With all the new hires there it may be all asses and elbows during 'busy hour' though.

                              There's a 1/4 mile track outside and a running trail along the fence. Some of the dorms might have a small exercise room in them also, TV, treadmill, bike, etc.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                The fitness center at FLETC/Glynco is rather large, at least from my perspective.

                                With all the new hires there it may be all asses and elbows during 'busy hour' though.

                                There's a 1/4 mile track outside and a running trail along the fence. Some of the dorms might have a small exercise room in them also, TV, treadmill, bike, etc.
                                cool. sounds about the same or better then some marine bases i've been to. i got to tell you i'm really impressed with the homeland security show.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7651 users online. 446 members and 7205 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X