- Bathroom/Hygiene items
    - note cards/ notebooks
    - pencils/pen/highlighters.
    - BUG SPRAY
    - shower slippers
    - Iron
    - laptop
    - running shoes

What other items do you think I should bring and got any tips as to what I should and shouldn't do in FLETC?
    I would say bring your own bed sheets... I don't know who clean the facilities are over there but its just always nice to have your own blanket or bed sheets.

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
      Hey, I've already made a list of items to bring:

- Bathroom/Hygiene items
      - note cards/ notebooks
      - pencils/pen/highlighters.
      - BUG SPRAY
      - shower slippers
      - Iron
      - laptop
      - running shoes

What other items do you think I should bring and got any tips as to what I should and shouldn't do in FLETC?

Your own pillow and blanket... the ones they provide, not very clean or comfortable. Anything else you may need... Wally world (Walmart) isnt but a 2 min drive from FLETC. Dont take a bunch of things your going to need to pack and bring back, you will be acquiring quite a few things at FLETC... such as books, uniforms, belt, vest etc... so take the essentials, anything else you may want or need you can get there... for example, I wanted to get a dvd player, got one from someone who was graduating for $15 and I sold it when I graduated for $15... just a revolving door of bikes, dvd players and things of that nature.

As for what not to do in FLETC... dont drink and drive, dont go flashing your FLETC badge at near by bars or stores etc (they already know who you are), Keep your cool if someone gets in your face ever... a fight, is a quick removal just like anything alcohol related (disorderly), be nice to the nearby cops and FLETC security, get away from FLETC on the weekends... you will forget there is a real world out there if you dont.
      And enjoy it... it can be fun if you let it and dont get out of hand with anything... Your at a place with free meals, free gym access, free healthcare, I had a blast... some hated every minute of it... but you will get to meet many new people from all over the country, so if you take anything from it, make some friends.

And if you like Mexican food... El Potro was awesome.
      I went to Shanes BBQ almost once a week.
      Sushi: Fancy Q's in St. Simons Island... best sushi ive ever had...(especially eddys special)
      If its warm enough, get a fishing charter with some of your class, it was good times.
      Have class parties and BBQ it up on one of the many grills there are around FLETC during the weekend.
      Meet a girl, make sure shes not FLETC... ha ha.

all i got for now.
      Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
      Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
      Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• My name was Referred to Schedule EOD on 12-5-08 my Geo Pref was WEst Texas ( El Paso Sector). Is anybody in same boat as me?. i haven't seen anybody from the El Paso area in here, just wondering .

Comment

• Originally posted by Kermitthefrog View Post
          My name was Referred to Schedule EOD on 12-5-08 my Geo Pref was WEst Texas ( El Paso Sector). Is anybody in same boat as me?. i haven't seen anybody from the El Paso area in here, just wondering .
          Were you referred to TSU on 12/5/08 or did you EOD on 12/5/08?
          Training Scheduling Unit
          Entrance On Duty
          Two different things...
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• It's actually EOD.

What is the Difference between both of them.? If you dont mind me asking.

Comment

What is the Difference between both of them.? If you dont mind me asking.
              Have you reported to your port? You're normally in TSU waiting for a call to EOD.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                Why not? Are the fletc girls not hot? Are you allowed to bring someone onto fletc that isn't training there?

Think about it.... this is an academy, also a job... not many jobs want relationships in the "office"... plus if one of the two people in a relationship gets angry at the other for whatever reason and heads to a "higher up" and cries wolf.... things could go down hill very quickly, and I hope you know what I mean by that....

It has happened, recently.

Not saying if you find a FLETC love, dont do what you gotta do... just watch your step...

Bringing guests... pretty sure its only on graduation day your allowed to have non-FLETC guests
                Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

• As for what not to do in FLETC... dont drink and drive, dont go flashing your FLETC badge at near by bars or stores etc (they already know who you are), Keep your cool if someone gets in your face ever... a fight, is a quick removal just like anything alcohol related (disorderly), be nice to the nearby cops and FLETC security. Your at a place with free meals, free gym access, free healthcare, I had a blast... some hated every minute of it... but you will get to meet many new people from all over the country, so if you take anything from it, make some friends.

No truer words were ever spoken. All i can add is load up on booze before sunday and dont be the dummy who falls asleep in every class. Believe it or not, your classmates will dislike you more than the instructors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                    Think about it.... this is an academy, also a job... not many jobs want relationships in the "office"... plus if one of the two people in a relationship gets angry at the other for whatever reason and heads to a "higher up" and cries wolf.... things could go down hill very quickly, and I hope you know what I mean by that....

It has happened, recently.

Not saying if you find a FLETC love, dont do what you gotta do... just watch your step...

Bringing guests... pretty sure its only on graduation day your allowed to have non-FLETC guests
                    If you think youre gonna meet some trashy broad at a local bar and bring her back on base forget it. No one gets on base without a FLETC i.d., yourself included. If you were to lose yours when you are out and about thats a pain in the rear end, so dont do it. You can have family, but you have to plan that in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by prod View Post
                      I would say bring your own bed sheets... I don't know who clean the facilities are over there but its just always nice to have your own blanket or bed sheets.
                      Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                        Your own pillow and blanket... the ones they provide, not very clean or comfortable. Anything else you may need... Wally world (Walmart) isnt but a 2 min drive from FLETC. Dont take a bunch of things your going to need to pack and bring back, you will be acquiring quite a few things at FLETC... such as books, uniforms, belt, vest etc... so take the essentials, anything else you may want or need you can get there... for example, I wanted to get a dvd player, got one from someone who was graduating for $15 and I sold it when I graduated for $15... just a revolving door of bikes, dvd players and things of that nature.

As for what not to do in FLETC... dont drink and drive, dont go flashing your FLETC badge at near by bars or stores etc (they already know who you are), Keep your cool if someone gets in your face ever... a fight, is a quick removal just like anything alcohol related (disorderly), be nice to the nearby cops and FLETC security, get away from FLETC on the weekends... you will forget there is a real world out there if you dont.
                        And enjoy it... it can be fun if you let it and dont get out of hand with anything... Your at a place with free meals, free gym access, free healthcare, I had a blast... some hated every minute of it... but you will get to meet many new people from all over the country, so if you take anything from it, make some friends.

And if you like Mexican food... El Potro was awesome.
                        I went to Shanes BBQ almost once a week.
                        Sushi: Fancy Q's in St. Simons Island... best sushi ive ever had...(especially eddys special)
                        If its warm enough, get a fishing charter with some of your class, it was good times.
                        Have class parties and BBQ it up on one of the many grills there are around FLETC during the weekend.
                        Meet a girl, make sure shes not FLETC... ha ha.

all i got for now.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          As for what not to do in FLETC... dont drink and drive, dont go flashing your FLETC badge at near by bars or stores etc (they already know who you are), Keep your cool if someone gets in your face ever... a fight, is a quick removal just like anything alcohol related (disorderly), be nice to the nearby cops and FLETC security. Your at a place with free meals, free gym access, free healthcare, I had a blast... some hated every minute of it... but you will get to meet many new people from all over the country, so if you take anything from it, make some friends.

No truer words were ever spoken. All i can add is load up on booze before sunday and dont be the dummy who falls asleep in every class. Believe it or not, your classmates will dislike you more than the instructors.

Thanks guys. Very helpful info.

Comment

My name was Referred to Schedule EOD on 12-5-08 my Geo Pref was WEst Texas ( El Paso Sector). Is anybody in same boat as me?. i haven't seen anybody from the El Paso area in here, just wondering .

Another thing, you're not in the El Paso Sector...not unless you've been accepted into Border Patrol.

You're looking at the El Paso Field Office.

Comment

• Sex and alcohol are the 2 biggest reasons behind people getting fired at FLETC. You should probably go there with the idea of avoiding them both, as much as is possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                                ......and dont be the dummy who falls asleep in every class. Believe it or not, your classmates will dislike you more than the instructors.

This is very true... especially cause all the instructors do talk... and that means classroom instructors talk to PT instructors... fall asleep in class, guess who is going to be pushing Georgia and running several miles when you get to PT..... all because you didnt grab a coffee on the 4 or 5 breaks you get in 4 hours.... staying awake... big deal.
                                Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9444 users online. 473 members and 8971 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X