Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the grooming standards for CBP officers?

Comment

• Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER View Post
      What are the grooming standards for cbp? Do they allow sideburns in the academy?
      As long as they are "porkchop" side burns.

Patriot72

Comment

• Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER View Post
        What are the grooming standards for cbp? Do they allow sideburns in the academy?
        Got a question for those in the know..what is the extend to which you can tatoo yourself after you have been hired on? Can you get sleeves? Neck?

The reason I ask is because I saw a local LEO the other day with both arms sleeved...... kind of unusual for an officer.

Comment

• Originally posted by deyosurf19 View Post
          Got a question for those in the know..what is the extend to which you can tatoo yourself after you have been hired on? Can you get sleeves? Neck?

The reason I ask is because I saw a local LEO the other day with both arms sleeved...... kind of unusual for an officer.
          Nothing prevents it...yet. Grooming standards are vague in CBP when it comes to tattoos. I have seen and know officers with complete sleeves that have no problems at all. One officer even has a tattoo on his ear lobe. One of the best officers I might add, so I think that is why he is cut some slack where others may get hemmed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by deyosurf19 View Post

Yea local LEO's are a different ball game. I've seen some with full sleeves and even some with neck tats showing. I'd say if you wanted to get some, plan it so that you could potentially cover them with the uniform in some fashion.

Comment

• Got another call yesterday. They got things straight and I have a start date of Dec 3, at the port I wanted. Class starts 3 Jan 08. Class CBPI-817

Anyone is Class CBPI-817?
              CBP Test: 02/07
              TO : 03/07

CASS:
              Preemployment Forms completed: 04/07
              Fitness : 06/07
              VBT completed Passed : 08/14
              Background Investi. completed : 08/28
              Medical Exam Completed : 10/16
              Drug Screen completed : 10/16
              Qualifications : 10/20

Comment

• well i guess DannyB i will see you there.

Comment

• Is there a website to check status?

Mine isnt showing up on application manager.

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureLE View Post
                      Is there a website to check status?

Mine isnt showing up on application manager.

Check -

https://apps.cbp.gov/cass/

Patriot72

Comment

• anyone getting their scores back under the new posting/testing? I got a 90 no vet pref. i don't know how that measures up.

Also, i am know in the process with Border Patrol, if i get a TO from CBP will they both show up in CASS?

Thanks, good luck to those of you headed to the new class!

Comment

• I don't even show up under CASS yet, but its only been a couple of months since I got my results so I'm not surprised. I figure I'll probably hear back in another couple months, judging from the experiences others I work with have had.

Comment

• you wont be in the CASS until you get your application package. even after receiving my package it still took two to three weeks for me to show up in CASS. so just passing the test wont cut it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannyB View Post
                              Got another call yesterday. They got things straight and I have a start date of Dec 3, at the port I wanted. Class starts 3 Jan 08. Class CBPI-817

Anyone is Class CBPI-817?
                              Congrats man! At least now it was worth all the other aggravation! Good luck!

Comment

• With all of the different sites I go to I can't help, but wonder how many potentially outstanding CBPO's just get tired of the monkey #$%% hiring process and go on to other pastures. I know I am just about to the point of calling the DOL to file a complaint about the lack of the application of veterans preference on my file while watching other people go through without issue. The only thing stopping me is the thought that the people passing me would lose their job, so I'd get one. I figure if I went that route someone would lose their job and I'd be canned within the first year in retaliation.

It's amazing I don't get any response from several e-mails to MHC until I vaguely infer there is a veterans preference complaint coming.
                                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10361 users online. 464 members and 9897 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X