300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
    Hey guys, are we allowed to choose which rooms we live in in FLETC?
    Nope, when you get to Bldg. 1 your first minute there, they will give your room assignment. If you are CBP you'll be in the Taj more than likely.

Comment

• barnaj, no i have not applied to the CBPO before. CBPO are the ones that stamp peoples' passports, correct? Are patrolling the airport, interviewing aliens also part of their duties?

I figuered the language would come in handy at JFK since there is a heavy population of people coming in (or trying to) from Asia.

i doubt we can choose who we want to bunk with, it's not summer camp.

Comment

• barnaj,

I have tested but no TO yet....That's why I'm asking if I have anything to gain from attending. Also, I am willing to relocate if needed, but I applied for the WA state geo pref. There wasn't an option for a more broad geo pref. Is there any such thing as a more broader geo pref?
        Test Date: 12/8/08
        NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
        TO: 1/30/09-Received
        Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
        VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
        Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
        Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
        Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
        Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
        BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Originally posted by mlrtme View Post
          barnaj,

I have tested but no TO yet....That's why I'm asking if I have anything to gain from attending. Also, I am willing to relocate if needed, but I applied for the WA state geo pref. There wasn't an option for a more broad geo pref. Is there any such thing as a more broader geo pref?
          Well, what was your test score. If it was low, you may reconsider applying again on the 31st and/or pic a new geo location. May increase the odds of your getting a t.o.

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
            barnaj, no i have not applied to the CBPO before. CBPO are the ones that stamp peoples' passports, correct? Are patrolling the airport, interviewing aliens also part of their duties?

I figuered the language would come in handy at JFK since there is a heavy population of people coming in (or trying to) from Asia.

i doubt we can choose who we want to bunk with, it's not summer camp.
            Yeah you inspect people applying for admission to the U.S. coming from other countries. That is the simplest way i can put it. Well you may or may not get your own room, not everyone is gonna have a roomie. Just luck of the draw. I had my own room and it was great.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              If you are CBP you'll be in the Taj more than likely.
              From what I've gathered, that's a good thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
                From what I've gathered, that's a good thing?
                Yeah its a longer walk everywhere, but you get the fridge, cable tv and all the trimmings.

Comment

• My test score was a 92. I also realize it's only been 6 weeks so I understand that there is still a long waiting period ahead. I'm not one of those that is freaking out wondering why I haven't heard anything. That might be me if I don't hear anything by the end of the summer...I was just curious if there was anything to gain from attending one of these events.
                  Last edited by mlrtme; 01-28-2009, 03:48 PM.
                  Test Date: 12/8/08
                  NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
                  TO: 1/30/09-Received
                  Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
                  VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
                  Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
                  Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
                  Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
                  Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
                  BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• if a CBPO is assigned a northern city, they don't have the same 15 months commitment to serve on the southern border before reporting to the northern city that border patrol agents have, do they?

also which academy(ies) do CBPO attend? and duration?

Comment

if a CBPO is assigned a northern city, they don't have the same 15 months commitment to serve on the southern border before reporting to the northern city that border patrol agents have, do they?

also which academy(ies) do CBPO attend? and duration?
                      No.

CBPI

http://www.fletc.gov/training/traini...g-program-cbpi

73 training days.

Comment

• I should add:

That's the basic academy, those staying for Spanish can look forward to about 30 training days more. Also, depending on how good/motivated/lucky you are, there are opportunities to attend various other academies and training programs during the course of your career as a CBPO.

Comment

• I hope JFK/LGA is on the announcement. Im looking to change my geo pref from Florida throughout.
                          N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
                          Passed:Medical (1/2009)
                          Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
                          Passed(2:50):JST
                          Passed:Mini-Medical
                          January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
                          Medical: Passed
                          PT Test: Passed
                          Qualifications GS7: Done
                          VBT: Passed
                          Backround: Done
                          Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
                          Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
                          Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
                          CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                            Nope, when you get to Bldg. 1 your first minute there, they will give your room assignment. If you are CBP you'll be in the Taj more than likely.

Hey, I've already made a list of items to bring:

- Bathroom/Hygiene items
                            - note cards/ notebooks
                            - pencils/pen/highlighters.
                            - BUG SPRAY
                            - shower slippers
                            - Iron
                            - laptop
                            - running shoes

What other items do you think I should bring and got any tips as to what I should and shouldn't do in FLETC?

Comment

Does anyone know if: 1) there will be any CBPO openings in the upcoming future? 2) if NYC JFK is highly sought after or highly unwanted due to high cost of living?
                              yea starting jan 31

Comment

Does anyone know if: 1) there will be any CBPO openings in the upcoming future? 2) if NYC JFK is highly sought after or highly unwanted due to high cost of living?
                                Check www.cbp.gov for the upcoming announcements in the careers section. From what I've seen here NYC JFK is sought after but has not been an option for some time and those waiting for a spot have been waiting for a while as well. Take advantage of the wealth of information throughout this thread and information available at the cbp website, most all of your questions will be answered by reading through.
                                As for Language skills, there are some ports that require a certain language and as to which would require or have a use for east asian you would have to find out. Most of the language requirements are Spanish for the southern border POE's.
                                Good Luck with your application and your test.

BTW
                                CBPO's don't just "STAMP" people into the country, I encourage you to visit the abc website and watch the 3 episodes of Homeland Security that aired so that you have a better idea of what you're getting yourself into.
                                Last edited by yoda; 01-28-2009, 05:45 PM.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7612 users online. 204 members and 7408 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X