300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by furrball409 View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. I have to video tape it (too cheap to get a tivo)
    You guys can actually watch the show after it airs at the abc website for fee!...
    They'll make you watch a commercial every 10 min or so, but you can skip it about 20 sec into it and get back to the show... No TiVo and no DVR, just your computer...

here...just click free episodes...
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/homelandsecurity/
    Last edited by yoda; 01-27-2009, 07:06 PM.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• WHile working with CBP you cant have another job right ????Not even a PT job ???

Comment

• Will you even have time for a 2nd job?

Comment

• Originally posted by Good2GoDOC View Post
          WHile working with CBP you cant have another job right ????Not even a PT job ???
          i heard you can, you just need to put in the request and see if it gets approved.

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
            anyone going to watch the ABC show tonight at 8pm??
            I like watching it every week. I was wondering why cbpos get the most coverage? I thought bp guys get to see a lot of action and also the air and marine guys? Any opinions? Some say its just a long commercial. But I like it.
            "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
              LOL, isn't that the truth. Trust me guys, you want to be at this forum. Those people at delphi are crazy. I swear some of those guys are BP/CBP veterans and they just come onto **** on new applicants. It's like they have a little tree house club and don't want to let anyone new into it.
              Most of those guys over there are veteran Agents/Officers. There's a lot to be learned over there...far more than on here, IMO. Delphi also has boards for IEA's, ICE agents, FPS, Capital police, and many others. It's pretty much the best place to go to on-line for FLE answers, if you ask me.

I wouldn't say they **** on new applicants, I'd say they expect applicants to behave themselves, act like adults, take things seriously and post appropriately. Most people get spoken to over things like spelling and obvious grammatical errors. How hard is it to run a post through spell-check and proofread what you've written?
              Last edited by merlin436; 01-27-2009, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Good2GoDOC View Post
                WHile working with CBP you cant have another job right ????Not even a PT job ???
                It depends. You might get one approved, you might not. OT availability at your port and the type of second job are probably the biggest factors in whether or not a request is approved or denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                  anyone going to watch the ABC show tonight at 8pm??
                  Nice to see that they finally got Buffalo on there tonight

Comment

• hey I know this is a stupid question but I have my test on February 11th in Chicago. I have never tested for anything like this before and I was just wondering how I should dress, dont want to make a bad impression right off the bat
                    Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      Most of those guys over there are veteran Agents/Officers. There's a lot to be learned over there...far more than on here, IMO. Delphi also has boards for IEA's, ICE agents, FPS, Capital police, and many others. It's pretty much the best place to go to on-line for FLE answers, if you ask me.

I wouldn't say they **** on new applicants, I'd say they expect applicants to behave themselves, act like adults, take things seriously and post appropriately. Most people get spoken to over things like spelling and obvious grammatical errors. How hard is it to run a post through spell-check and proofread what you've written?
                      I agree, they do have alot of veterans on there with great knowledge. However, there is a difference between a poster just misbehaving and some people just being rude.

I've seen countless posts where a new applicant will post up questions about his or her backround, put up sensitive, private details of some mistakes they might have made in the past (tickets, etc. etc.) only to be attacked and made into this horrible human being that doesn't even deserve to live let alone apply for LE.

I guess as a whole its a great place, theres just a couple of individuals that like to think they are better than everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chi Heights View Post
                        hey I know this is a stupid question but I have my test on February 11th in Chicago. I have never tested for anything like this before and I was just wondering how I should dress, dont want to make a bad impression right off the bat
                        Thanks

Dress casual, when I went in it was just one person handing out the test and about 50 applicants wearing jeans and t-shirts.

PS- Unless its one of those testing sites where they give you the result right away, like with Border Patrol, there might be some people there that will want you to look good. Im not sure if CBP does that though..

Comment

• Delphi is a decent site, however there are a few of the old timers who think their stuff doesn't stink. I've come to blows with a couple over issues they were incorrect about (normally BI's and vet preference), but I won't get into the specifics over here. My suggestion is if you do visit tred lightly, or you will find yourself in a fight.
                          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                            i see, personally i like this forum a lot better, the front page has some good stories/articles

the people seem to be a bit more friendly and helpful here as well
                            I agree, I think its because we're all in the same boat. We all have a common purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              If and Only If MIA is an option, all you have to do is apply online just like you did last time. You don't have to call, email, or decline anything... Simply apply and when you get a TO for MIA everything will carry over automatically. I have explained this many times already, simply apply if the geo pref you want is there and everything will carry over when you get your new TO...that's it! No science, No tricks, No run around...
                              Good luck!
                              I would like to know if I'm in the hiring process for Miami does this district include Fort Lauderdale and could I transfer over to the Port Everglades.
                              Miami by way of Chicago
                              Test 8/4/08
                              TO 11/13/08
                              Drug Test 11/13/08
                              VBT 12/11/08
                              Physical 12/16/08
                              Qual 1/10/09
                              Met BI 1/5/09
                              BI cleared 2/19/09
                              TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
                                I agree, they do have alot of veterans on there with great knowledge. However, there is a difference between a poster just misbehaving and some people just being rude.

I've seen countless posts where a new applicant will post up questions about his or her backround, put up sensitive, private details of some mistakes they might have made in the past (tickets, etc. etc.) only to be attacked and made into this horrible human being that doesn't even deserve to live let alone apply for LE.

I guess as a whole its a great place, theres just a couple of individuals that like to think they are better than everyone.
                                I wouldn't call them being rude, I'd call them being brutally honest.

If you write like a 3rd grader or a high schooler texting, they'll tell you so. If you have done/are doing something stupid, they'll let you know. If you are too lazy/ignorant to spend 20 minutes searching out the answers to the most simple, entry-level questions, instead of posting the same question asked 2 pages back...they'll point that out to you...forcefully.

Really, I think more boards should be that way. We're all adults. We're all either FLEO's or wannabe FLEO's. How hard is it to act professionally, write appropriately, and otherwise deport ourselves in a polished manner?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10475 users online. 357 members and 10118 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X