300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
    Hang in there baby, Friday is coming. We will be there soon. I know you all can feel it. All of you Aug. '08 TSU candidates. Cant wait to start seeing them "the call" posts. The last class to go through for Newark was in mid DEC. The last Newark TSU candidate to receive a call for that class was in TSU on 7-25-08. Hang in there. Its coming!!!
    CO what do you think about me ive been in TSU since 12/15/08....will i hear at the same time as you or much much later?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      You'll most likely be picked up rather quick for LA/Long Beach POE's, they are Huge Ports in need of people so your wait won't be as long as other applicants with a similar score to a smaller POE.
      Hah, for the record people told me the exact same thing about newark six months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
        When the job announcement goes out on USAJOBS.GOV it'll have a contact email on the far right tab, right under how to apply online. That would be a perfect question to ask the folks in Minn. Worst case I'd figure they just deny your request to take the test. But it's usually not good to **** around with such things IMHO.

Save that DD-214 like it's made of gold, they "lost" my discharge in the system and tried to put me down as AWOL five years after I got out. God knows where I'd be if I didn't have a copy. Since then I've got it copied five times with one copy in a safe deposit box.
        Yea that’s what I'm afraid of cause I'm not trying to f*&^% around at all, haha. I'm just trying to finish my time and have something good lined up. CBPO is my first choice of work after I get out but I'm not just relying complete on that. I'm still going to be applying for different jobs specially at Yuma Proving Grounds and putting in for reenlistment (last resort) just covering my bases giving the job market. I want to stay Federal so the last 8 years don’t go to waste. As for the DD-214 that’s the first thing they tell you not to lose cause it’s a pain in the donkey to get back.

Comment

Hah, for the record people told me the exact same thing about newark six months ago.
          This message goes out to Hound and anyone in TSU right now. It depends on the needs of the local office at the time. They may need alot of people right away or they may pick up 2-3 people a week. Hound, When we went into Newark TSU they were hiring alot right before that. I have heard so many different stories since then. Eventually what I realized was the only ones that were true were coming from the people at TSU. Noone knows better than they do. That is why I think we are getting close. The people there have been keeping me pretty well updated on what date they were on for TSU dates. Call them and ask as many questions as you can think of. Honestly I have never had a problem with them. The info they are allowed to give is limited, but it has helped tremendously. Keep the faith! We will all get there. Just remember, once you are in TSU, you may have to wait , but you are pretty much GOLDEN!

Comment

• someone make a thread "TSU Waiting Lounge Approx. Wait Time:TBA"

Comment

If it really is coming Friday then its just barely in time. I get laid off tomorrow. Here's hoping.
              Keep the faith Hound. We are all hoping for ourselves. But after reading your situation, I am hoping for you just as much. As I said, Hang in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by cby View Post
                Hey guys my B.I is PENDING for Washington state I would like to change it to Florida MIA to be precise how would I do it on the 30th do I call the 612 number , e- mail, or speak to someone live in recruiting? Thanks in advance
                If and Only If MIA is an option, all you have to do is apply online just like you did last time. You don't have to call, email, or decline anything... Simply apply and when you get a TO for MIA everything will carry over automatically. I have explained this many times already, simply apply if the geo pref you want is there and everything will carry over when you get your new TO...that's it! No science, No tricks, No run around...
                Good luck!
                Last edited by yoda; 01-27-2009, 01:50 PM.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by usmc2cbp View Post
                  Did anyone see the job opening for BP on the Northern Border? Is it normal for them to post jobs for Northern Border as first duty station? It still says you have to do 15 months at the Southern Border, but after training that is only about a year; better than the 2-3 years i have always heard you have to do down there and then only hope thier is an opening by your normal home.
                  Today's BP is not your Grampa's BP. Many things are happening with the new, "improved" BP that you wouldn't have seen in the past. NB announcements are one of them.

As was said, there was a previous NB announcement awhile back. If you want to talk BP. you'd probably be best doing it on a BP thread and talking to a PA.

Comment

• Originally posted by prod View Post
                    I got a question/ concern. I'm still active duty and will be till Oct of this year. If I apply will I get would I get denied since I wont have my DD-214 to show? I do have a record of service from my command stating that I will be in till Oct. I've seen that most people take about 6-12 months to get in and I got 9 left?

Form what I've heard, 9 months is the optimal time to apply.

Mer.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      Form what I've heard, 9 months is the optimal time to apply.

Mer.
                      thanks mer, cant wait to apply! according to the cbp site there should be lots openings up after jan 31. like i was telling yoda i'm waiting for sea port.

Comment

• I took the Border Patrol exam a week ago. Does anyone know if I have to re take the medical, drug test, interview, fitness, and re do the background? I have not heard anything. Will they use the same background as CBP? As far as I know, it's all the same as CBP. Maybe the interview is different. I am not sure. Anyone know?
                        Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                          I took the Border Patrol exam a week ago. Does anyone know if I have to re take the medical, drug test, interview, fitness, and re do the background? I have not heard anything. Will they use the same background as CBP? As far as I know, it's all the same as CBP. Maybe the interview is different. I am not sure. Anyone know?
                          Thanks!
                          Fitness is slightly different so that you'll probably have to redo. Not sure if the BI carries over or just some aspects of it.

Comment

• BI should carry over. You will have to redo the fitness portion.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                              I took the Border Patrol exam a week ago. Does anyone know if I have to re take the medical, drug test, interview, fitness, and re do the background? I have not heard anything. Will they use the same background as CBP? As far as I know, it's all the same as CBP. Maybe the interview is different. I am not sure. Anyone know?
                              Thanks!
                              The BI, physical and drug test are interchangeable between the two positions. They'll carry over in either direction. The exam, interview, and fitness test are different...they won't carry over.

Comment

• Heh, I was cleaning out my desk at work and found my original TO (I've got a copy on file at home) it was dated exactly 12 months and 12 days ago. That's got a nice symmetry to it.

Can't imagine what waiting 23 months feels like, jesus.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4372 users online. 222 members and 4150 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X