Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DuckNextTime View Post
    Hello everyone...(stands up)...My name is xxxxx and I'm a CASSaholic. I have been clean for (sigh)...5 minutes. It's been tough...(sits down)... and thats why I'm joining you. Thank you all for your support these months. Here is my timeline...

    GEO: Los Angeles/Long Beach
    NOR: 7-25-2008 Score: 79
    TO: 11-13-08
    VBT: 12-5-08 Cleared: 12-12-08
    Qualifications: 12-17-08 GS-7
    Fitness:12-19-08 Cleared: 1-9-09
    Background: 12-8-09 Cleared 12-10-08
    Drug: 1-8-09 Cleared: 1-17-09
    Medical: 12-19-08 :PENDING

    I hope my info contributes. I'm happy to be in pendingville with such demonstratively helpful people. Good Luck and God Bless.
    How in the world did your BI clear in less than 30 days? Did you already have one complete with BP or something? Anyways, congratulations on your timeline.

    Comment


    • Thank you. I've been very fortunate so far. Given what I've read on previous posts it looks like i've been given interm clearance. I have no other applications in. Background cleared very quickly after meeting with my investigator. Only snag so far has been medical and compared to what some of these guys have gone through, not much of a snag yet. Heard nothing and thats about it.

      Good Luck!

      Comment


      • Hey Nordy!

        Good luck to you too!

        Yoda

        thx... i know you are really helpful in this site..and thank you for your input... i do hope to get in academy soon. I need a new life and a career

        Comment


        • Hey everybody,

          I am new to this thread! I am moving down to DC area from New York after I abandoned my NYPD hopes to work for CBP. I got the call last week and accepted for Virginia (Dulles). Start this Monday and was wondering if anyone is in the same boat?

          If there is any insight you can give on the pre-training aspect of things it will be much appreciated.

          Good luck to all!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by QNSNorthfinest View Post
            Hey everybody,

            I am new to this thread! I am moving down to DC area from New York after I abandoned my NYPD hopes to work for CBP. I got the call last week and accepted for Virginia (Dulles). Start this Monday and was wondering if anyone is in the same boat?

            If there is any insight you can give on the pre-training aspect of things it will be much appreciated.

            Good luck to all!
            Congratulations man!! Im in the same boat as you. Im getting S*****d on in NYPD right now and im waiting for my BI to hit me back. BUT, the light in the end of the tunnel is CBP and Im done with the process and waiting for the call. Good luck and best wishes in your new career.
            N.Y.P.D.

            Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
            Passed:Medical (1/2009)
            Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
            Passed(2:50):JST
            Passed:Mini-Medical
            January 2010 Academy:

            CBP Officer

            Exam Feb, 08: Passed
            Medical: Passed
            PT Test: Passed
            Qualifications GS7: Done
            VBT: Passed
            Backround: Done
            Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
            Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
            Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
            CBP Officer: Florida

            Comment


            • Anyone in class 932?

              Comment


              • Hey guys my B.I is PENDING for Washington state I would like to change it to Florida MIA to be precise how would I do it on the 30th do I call the 612 number , e- mail, or speak to someone live in recruiting? Thanks in advance

                Comment


                • Bp

                  Did anyone see the job opening for BP on the Northern Border? Is it normal for them to post jobs for Northern Border as first duty station? It still says you have to do 15 months at the Southern Border, but after training that is only about a year; better than the 2-3 years i have always heard you have to do down there and then only hope thier is an opening by your normal home.

                  Comment


                  • Newark People

                    Hang in there baby, Friday is coming. We will be there soon. I know you all can feel it. All of you Aug. '08 TSU candidates. Cant wait to start seeing them "the call" posts. The last class to go through for Newark was in mid DEC. The last Newark TSU candidate to receive a call for that class was in TSU on 7-25-08. Hang in there. Its coming!!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by usmc2cbp View Post
                      Did anyone see the job opening for BP on the Northern Border? Is it normal for them to post jobs for Northern Border as first duty station? It still says you have to do 15 months at the Southern Border, but after training that is only about a year; better than the 2-3 years i have always heard you have to do down there and then only hope thier is an opening by your normal home.
                      Might want to post this in the Border Patrol thread. They had an announcement earlier last year as well for NB positions.

                      Comment


                      • I got a question/ concern. I'm still active duty and will be till Oct of this year. If I apply will I get would I get denied since I wont have my DD-214 to show? I do have a record of service from my command stating that I will be in till Oct. I've seen that most people take about 6-12 months to get in and I got 9 left?

                        Comment


                        • Heys guys, I was going back some threads but i couldn't figure out what TSU stands for. Can anybody just fill me in? i know i could probably see it further back in some threads but im at work and i have real limited time to browse here.
                          Thanks

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Kermitthefrog View Post
                            Heys guys, I was going back some threads but i couldn't figure out what TSU stands for. Can anybody just fill me in? i know i could probably see it further back in some threads but im at work and i have real limited time to browse here.
                            Thanks
                            TSU= TRAINNING SCHEDULING UNIT.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by co94 View Post
                              Hang in there baby, Friday is coming. We will be there soon. I know you all can feel it. All of you Aug. '08 TSU candidates. Cant wait to start seeing them "the call" posts. The last class to go through for Newark was in mid DEC. The last Newark TSU candidate to receive a call for that class was in TSU on 7-25-08. Hang in there. Its coming!!!
                              If it really is coming Friday then its just barely in time. I get laid off tomorrow. Here's hoping.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by prod View Post
                                I got a question/ concern. I'm still active duty and will be till Oct of this year. If I apply will I get would I get denied since I wont have my DD-214 to show? I do have a record of service from my command stating that I will be in till Oct. I've seen that most people take about 6-12 months to get in and I got 9 left?
                                When the job announcement goes out on USAJOBS.GOV it'll have a contact email on the far right tab, right under how to apply online. That would be a perfect question to ask the folks in Minn. Worst case I'd figure they just deny your request to take the test. But it's usually not good to **** around with such things IMHO.

                                Save that DD-214 like it's made of gold, they "lost" my discharge in the system and tried to put me down as AWOL five years after I got out. God knows where I'd be if I didn't have a copy. Since then I've got it copied five times with one copy in a safe deposit box.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12713 users online. 481 members and 12232 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X