300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 5hole View Post
    It is kinda irritating as an applicant to be told 3-6 months total and then to go on this forum and see how unrealistic that is. Even the CBPO I met last week told me the TO comes 4 weeks after your NOR. People probably wouldn't apply if they knew it could be a year wait. I am very thankful for this forum.

Well the problem with making statements regarding timelines is there are several factors that come into play. One, your test score and how it relates to the other test scores in your geo pref. Two, you geo pref. Due to these factors, the wait time could be 4 weeks but as long as 12 months. As frustrating as that is, we are all aware of it and just have to play the wait game. I'm just working my current job as if I never receive my TO. Therefore, when and if I do receive it, I won't be sitting by the phone or mail box waiting to hear from someone. The process is what it is and I'm willing to accept that and wait. We all wish this process was a much quicker one
    Last edited by mlrtme; 01-26-2009, 01:58 PM.
    Test Date: 12/8/08
    NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
    TO: 1/30/09-Received
    Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
    VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
    Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
    Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
    Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
    Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
    BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• It seems the process is very much "be in the right place, at the right time." I tested 3/08, and didn't even receive a TO until 11/08..but in the time since, I have completed the whole process, and will enter FLETC 3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
        It seems the process is very much "be in the right place, at the right time." I tested 3/08, and didn't even receive a TO until 11/08..but in the time since, I have completed the whole process, and will enter FLETC 3/09
        That is correct. The needs of the local office. You got your TO at exactly the right time. No snags with the entire process, so they pushed you through to fill some slots.

Comment

• CBP has 20 field offices, 327 ports, and who knows how many different offices, facilities and crossings.

Things work differently with most of them.

The problem with making any statement about CBP/OFO is that you're likely to be right only 85% of the time...at best. Northern border-southern border, airport-seaport-landborder, large-medium-small, etc...they all come into play and affect the system. The only good answer is usually that there is no good answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
            Good Luck!
            you will do fine. Just remember you are "Officer Friendly". Be firm and fair, but do your job. You will pass. Get back to us later.
            VBT done!!! It was really strange talking to the TV like that but CO94's advice was spot on. I felt like I bombed it as many others here have said but when the CBPO who was administering looked over my tape she seemed pleased and reassured me that I did ok. BTW I'm glad I dressed up the guy after me came in wearing ratty jeans and a T shirt so that gave me a last second, much needed confidence boost. I would have gone in feeling pretty lousy if it was the other way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5hole View Post
              It is kinda irritating as an applicant to be told 3-6 months total and then to go on this forum and see how unrealistic that is. Even the CBPO I met last week told me the TO comes 4 weeks after your NOR. People probably wouldn't apply if they knew it could be a year wait. I am very thankful for this forum.
              Well...
              If you applied back in early 2007 or before, the average process time was around 3 years from taking the Test to getting Hired!... Now how about taking the "chill pill" and sitting back till your turn comes up...

For those of you asking about TO's not being sent out yet...
              If you scored in the 80's you have to wait for the second round TO's to be sent out (if the vacancies are there). Even for those who scored in the 90's it isn't a guaranteed thing that they'll get a TO for their Geo pref. if the vacancies are limited and lots of applicants scored higher than you. Always remember that TO's are sent out by SCORE oder and Spots available for that POE.
              Good Luck to all the New Applicants and welcome to the Forum.
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Does anyone have any idea how long after the VBT is the drug test usually given? I am asking because I did my VBT last week and the drug screen is the only thing left. Anyone, anyone at all have any idea....................

Comment

• Originally posted by wastingaway32 View Post
                  Does anyone have any idea how long after the VBT is the drug test usually given? I am asking because I did my VBT last week and the drug screen is the only thing left. Anyone, anyone at all have any idea....................
                  No one will have an answer since it's random. Could be in the next few weeks though.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                    No one will have an answer since it's random. Could be in the next few weeks though.
                    Thanks, just anxious I guess 07 tester and not getting any younger

Comment

• Originally posted by wastingaway32 View Post
                      Does anyone have any idea how long after the VBT is the drug test usually given? I am asking because I did my VBT last week and the drug screen is the only thing left. Anyone, anyone at all have any idea....................
                      Since it was not given to you right after the VBT, then you should expect a call at any time, and you will have 48 hrs to report and take the test after the call. Remember that all of these steps are "RANDOM" so it is different for everyone going through.

BTW
                      I've taken mine twice already... 1st time it was right after the VBT... it expired after a year so I had to re-take it again... I was called and had to report within 48 hrs of the call at the clinic to take the test...
                      Last edited by yoda; 01-26-2009, 04:19 PM.
                      CBPO

Comment

• just wondering, is a phone call the only way they contact you about you EOD date?

let's say u weren't home and ur answering machine sucks, would they also send u an email telling you to call/report?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                          Since it was not given to you right after the VBT, then you should expect a call at any time, and you will have 48 hrs to report and take the test after the call. Remember that all of these steps are "RANDOM" so it is different for everyone going through.

BTW
                          I've taken mine twice already... 1st time it was right after the VBT... it expired after a year so I had to re-take it again... I was called and had to report within 48 hrs of the call at the clinic to take the test...
                          Thanks for that bit of info....I guess I will do what someone said earlier "take a chill pill" and wait until it is my time to "let it flow"

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                            just wondering, is a phone call the only way they contact you about you EOD date?

let's say u weren't home and ur answering machine sucks, would they also send u an email telling you to call/report?
                            The "Phone Call" is the ACTUAL job "Offer" and if you don't accept the offer, you won't get an "Entrance On Duty" date. I have not heard of anyone here getting an offer through the mail (without getting a call and speaking with TSU), as far as I can remember, I may be wrong... just never heard of it.
                            CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              The "Phone Call" is the ACTUAL job "Offer" and if you don't accept the offer, you won't get an "Entrance On Duty" date. I have not heard of anyone here getting an offer through the mail (without getting a call and speaking with TSU), as far as I can remember, I may be wrong... just never heard of it.
                              my answering machine has been a little iffy as of late, might just go purchase a new one lol...
                              but if u dont have an answering machine and u miss the call wat happens? do they repeat until they get a hold of u?
                              sorry for all the silly questions
                              Last edited by bhov97; 01-26-2009, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                                so if you miss the call you are screwed so to speak?
                                Not Really,
                                If you know you have been in TSU for some time then you should know to call them to check on your status. I've heard of applicants calling TSU and getting their offer right then and there, as there are others here that have been in TSU for 6 months waiting for the call. If they are trying to contact you with an offer I'm sure one try at contacting you won't be it, if you have any suspicions it was TSU with an offer, you could try calling them to find out.
                                I don't have the number for TSU, but I know it was posted here a few weeks back by a member... now if you're not in TSU, don't waste your time calling them...

BTW
                                A cell phone in todays world is so much more practical than a land line, and makes you much more accessible as well, if you do have a cell phone and did not provide it as a contact number... you should call MHC to update your contact info with your cell number as your primary contact number rather than a house number.
                                Last edited by yoda; 01-26-2009, 04:56 PM.
                                CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12058 users online. 497 members and 11561 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X