300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington State TO?

Anyone with a Washington Geo Pref testing in Dec. 08 get a TO yet? Starting to wonder how much longer until we get ours, I got my NOR Dec. 18 2008...seems like it's usually a month or so after the NOR?

Comment

• Tested the same date. My NOR was dated 12/12, but haven't heard anything yet. Bugged the CBPO guy at the latest career fair and he said the holidays and change of president probably slowed things down.
      Written: 12/9
      NOR: 12/12 (94)
      TO: 1/29
      VBT: 2/26 completed
      Medical: 4/27 completed
      Fitness: 3/2 completed
      Drug: 3/12 completed
      BI: completed with interim clearance (met BI on 3/18)
      Quals: completed on 3/19
      The Call: 4/27
      EOD: 6/1 Blaine, WA
      FLETC: 7/1

Comment

• Hi Everybody!

long time lurker... 1st time poster!!! got my NOR at 12/12.. (i think) and i'll be hanging around in this site for a while.. hopefully will get some good feed back from you guys!! Thanks in advance.

i got a high 80's on my test... is that high enough? i'll be @ L.A. as my Geo. Thx

Comment

• Originally posted by aa737mia View Post
          Having been an Evaluator not for Firearms, but for many other weapon systems and programs. When you Evaluate the level of training you take any student pull them aside and say show me. If they can't do it well that's o.k., but the main issue is can they correct their mistakes. They understand the basic concepts, and may have difficulty executing them.

Once again there are a few good instructors, overall the program is marginal (CBPO). Just go to that range outside the gate and see how busy it is!

So having not been at FLETC and seeing her and her friend shoot I can say either
          1. They were asleep during the training
          2. They were never trained on some of the details
          3. They were just not paying attention

Now knowing them, they are those bookworm, pay attention to every detail types that study all day everyday. So 1 & 3 I don't think apply.

As you know the military trains you to make judgements on the facts at hand, o.k. I wish I had taken them to the range before they failed the qual. That will not change.
          Now I see where you are coming from. I think you are confusing some things. The main point of firearms training at FLETC is to get enough holes in the paper in the correct spots to get qualified, simply put it is a very basic course. The reasoning behind that is there are some of the students who have never shot a firearm and are afraid of it, can't stop anticipating the shot, can't stop jerking the trigger, try to hold the firearm sideways, etc. If the instructors can get those people to have enough holes in the paper they have done their jobs. Getting those same people to be able to correctly identify what they are doing wrong is expecting a lot from a basic firearms course. They didn't teach that at the basic courses I attended in the military or local police academy. The level of instruction you are wanting is formally taught at advanced firearm courses and learned through years of training. Since much time is spent with those who are in danger of not qualifying at all, I think giving them more to think about would be overwhelming.

We were given basic, if you have too much/not enough finger on the trigger the rounds will tend to do this type training, but as the instructors said shooting is as much an art as it is a science. There are about 20 different things that must be controlled when shooting a pistol. Those with past professional training and experience have learned to control many of those items without thinking about them. Those without training sometimes don't remember everything that must be controlled so they don't. The point of basic firearms training is to get those inexperienced shooters to control, at least marginally, the things that must be controlled in order to qualify. When someone has too much finger on the trigger, is jerking the trigger, anticipating the shot, has a death grip on the firearm, and has a weak frame all at the same time, but doesn't realize it, no amount of self critical review is going to help. It comes down to the instructors pointing out the issues. The fewer issues a shooter has the less time with an instructor.
          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by waiting.waiting View Post
            6 weeks in pend-ville today and 8 months total.
            Been just waiting since first day of TSU 8/8/08.

Comment

• Heading out the door for my VBT. Ended up going with a grey suit. Wish me luck guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                Heading out the door for my VBT. Ended up going with a grey suit. Wish me luck guys.
                Good Luck!
                you will do fine. Just remember you are "Officer Friendly". Be firm and fair, but do your job. You will pass. Get back to us later.

Comment

• Originally posted by RJ-Seattle View Post
                  Anyone with a Washington Geo Pref testing in Dec. 08 get a TO yet? Starting to wonder how much longer until we get ours, I got my NOR Dec. 18 2008...seems like it's usually a month or so after the NOR?
                  Whatever made you think that TO's start issuing about a month after the NOR?

Yeah...it's probably possible, maybe for those who scored 100's or high 90's, but most people aren't going to see them that early. A month is hugely optimistic, for most it's probably closer to 6 months...maybe even a year.

Wait...and go about life as if you never applied. Eventually it'll come.

Comment

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
                    Hi Everybody!

long time lurker... 1st time poster!!! got my NOR at 12/12.. (i think) and i'll be hanging around in this site for a while.. hopefully will get some good feed back from you guys!! Thanks in advance.

i got a high 80's on my test... is that high enough? i'll be @ L.A. as my Geo. Thx
                    you should be fine with a high 80 score..

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      Whatever made you think that TO's start issuing about a month after the NOR?

Yeah...it's probably possible, maybe for those who scored 100's or high 90's, but most people aren't going to see them that early. A month is hugely optimistic, for most it's probably closer to 6 months...maybe even a year.

Wait...and go about life as if you never applied. Eventually it'll come.
                      I scored 95 and this is my 9 months of waiting so i think it is depend on your stroke of luck. . really sad to said but it is the true.
                      Last edited by waiting.waiting; 01-26-2009, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• has everyone gone quiet because we are all just waiting for the phone to ring? haha

Comment

• Washington State

Originally posted by 5hole View Post
                          Tested the same date. My NOR was dated 12/12, but haven't heard anything yet. Bugged the CBPO guy at the latest career fair and he said the holidays and change of president probably slowed things down.

I tested during the same period (Dec '08). I am waiting as well and don't really expect anything until at least the 2 month mark. A women with in the recruiting dept. said with scores in the 90-100 range, 2 months is about average. With the holidays etc, I'm hoping to see something by the end on Feb. or early Mar. As I'm sure the other WA state people, I'd like to get the rest of this long process moving forward. As we all have read on here, there is a long wait ahead even after we receive out TO......good luck to all and let's keep each other posted with our results.
                          Test Date: 12/8/08
                          NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
                          TO: 1/30/09-Received
                          Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
                          VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
                          Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
                          Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
                          Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
                          Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
                          BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                            has everyone gone quiet because we are all just waiting for the phone to ring? haha
                            I think so. I know that is what I am waiting for. I am on the national no call list. So when unavailable comes up, chances are 9 out of 10 that is not a telemarketer. Since I got in TSU in Aug, I have had one unavailable. It was the 1 out of 10. I cant wait to see that again. When I do Chances are?.....

Comment

• It is kinda irritating as an applicant to be told 3-6 months total and then to go on this forum and see how unrealistic that is. Even the CBPO I met last week told me the TO comes 4 weeks after your NOR. People probably wouldn't apply if they knew it could be a year wait. I am very thankful for this forum.
                              Written: 12/9
                              NOR: 12/12 (94)
                              TO: 1/29
                              VBT: 2/26 completed
                              Medical: 4/27 completed
                              Fitness: 3/2 completed
                              Drug: 3/12 completed
                              BI: completed with interim clearance (met BI on 3/18)
                              Quals: completed on 3/19
                              The Call: 4/27
                              EOD: 6/1 Blaine, WA
                              FLETC: 7/1

Comment

• Originally posted by 5hole View Post
                                It is kinda irritating as an applicant to be told 3-6 months total and then to go on this forum and see how unrealistic that is. Even the CBPO I met last week told me the TO comes 4 weeks after your NOR. People probably wouldn't apply if they knew it could be a year wait. I am very thankful for this forum.
                                Nov. 17th of '07, I took the test. In Aug '08 went to TSU. Feb 8 will be 6 months in TSU. Just grin and bear it. Any decent job, that pays well, and has a decent retirement is going to be a process. It is obviously in high demand. Although it has seemed like a long time, the time has still flown by like life always does. So, stay positive, and try not to focus on it to much.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5151 users online. 251 members and 4900 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X