300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
    hey to those that have already been working as a cbpo....did you join the union?
    No......

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
      I have fired a CBP gun at the range, my other friend has a 40 caliber that I also shot and there is a significant difference in the trigger mechanism. It is something to get used to since it has a long trigger pull, and my other friends had a easy pull. I was more on with the easy pull than the cbp one.
      My friend recommended me to not fire no more until I get to flect so that I recieve the proper training since beside that day I have never fired a weapon before, I will say I enjoyed it more than I though
      I would have to agree with you on this fact. The trigger pull on this firearm was a little touchy when I fired also.

Comment

• Interesting , I heard from the rumor mill that here in Michigan there were 5 positions opened at the Port Huron crossing just recently 3 people took them 2 declined. So that means there are 2 spots up for grabs. I wish the best of luck to those waiting in Michigan. Also I didnt realize this but once they have your BI complete and in thier office they dont go and dig for more info for another 5yrs. UNLESS something comes up after they have recieved you packet. Any thought on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by pheonix View Post
          Interesting , I heard from the rumor mill that here in Michigan there were 5 positions opened at the Port Huron crossing just recently 3 people took them 2 declined. So that means there are 2 spots up for grabs. I wish the best of luck to those waiting in Michigan. Also I didnt realize this but once they have your BI complete and in thier office they dont go and dig for more info for another 5yrs. UNLESS something comes up after they have recieved you packet. Any thought on this.
          I wish they'd call me. I'd love to take PH.

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG 2 NYPD View Post
            For those that received " The Call ", do they give you one choice or several?
            For me it was only one choice. I'm from Buffalo and that's what I was offered, so a second choice wasn't necessary

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
              For me it was only one choice. I'm from Buffalo and that's what I was offered, so a second choice wasn't necessary
              do they let you choose from more than one EOD/FLETC schedul?.

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post

I was able to push start date back a week due to the fact i wanted to give 2 weeks at my current job.

EOD starts monday!

Comment

• Originally posted by primetime24 View Post
                  I was able to push start date back a week due to the fact i wanted to give 2 weeks at my current job.

EOD starts monday!
                  Congrats to you and good luck!

Comment

• Joda,

I am sorry to hear you have been waiting for 13 months, I hope I don't have to wait so long and if I do I expect it will be worth it. When you met your BI did you had a second interview or did they ask for more information?

Comment

• CBY,

It is my understanding they will ask for more information when there is a problem or something is not clear. I recently joined this forum and noticed the BI can take longer depending on your investigator. Have you contact your BI again since your last meeting to ask him or her about your status?

Comment

• Originally posted by code 09 View Post
                        CBY,

It is my understanding they will ask for more information when there is a problem or something is not clear. I recently joined this forum and noticed the BI can take longer depending on your investigator. Have you contact your BI again since your last meeting to ask him or her about your status?
                        Your interviewer is only a private contractor who passes along a case file to the central security office folks. I talked to my interviewer once when I realized I'd forgotten to disclose a job I'd had for 17 days in college. But besides that you just sit and wait and wait. They don't want to hear from you.

You're just grist in the mill of government. Nothing to do but wait until your turn comes around.

Comment

• I hope this means that they are going to start calling the people that have been waiting forever,,,, http://thetimesherald.com/article/20...EWS05/90123005 this is the port huron mi local paper, BarNaj I also would love port huron,,, I know that 7 people started about two-three weeks ago. So since this is happening soon Here is crossing our fingers and hoping they call soon.
                          Tested March 08
                          TO June 08
                          Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                          VBT complete 08 passed
                          Qualification GS-5 September 08
                          BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                          NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
                            I have fired a CBP gun at the range, my other friend has a 40 caliber that I also shot and there is a significant difference in the trigger mechanism. It is something to get used to since it has a long trigger pull, and my other friends had a easy pull. I was more on with the easy pull than the cbp one.
                            My friend recommended me to not fire no more until I get to flect so that I recieve the proper training since beside that day I have never fired a weapon before, I will say I enjoyed it more than I though
                            Girly my .02C on Firearms training at FLETC. Did I ever go to FLETC NO. My wife finished FLETC a while back and had problems with the Firearms Qual. The best way to evaluate training programs are evaluated is look at what comes out the other end. What they can and cannot do!

I took her to the range and just watched and asked what she was doing, and thinking. Since she had never fired a gun before all her knowledge was given to her by the FLETC instructors. It was not very good. 99.9% of what they are concerened about is safety (understandable), and 75% of most classes have folks with some weapons experience. Out of the ~25% that have no weapons experience I would bet the failures fall in that group! Its easy to take an ex-military guy and get him through the firearms qual. Does that make you a good instructor?
                            They rarely provided her constuctive inputs, more like "what are you doing, this is the way you do it...." Not much of the O.K. lets correct this. Lets see your trends are..... What do you see when ....... I always thought Shooters are made not born.

There are 2-3 Really good instuctors that are the exception to this, but there is a problem.

They say don't learn any bad habits and have to unlearn them at FLETC. Well, how you aim, what the site picture is like, how to hold your arms and your stance are all things that can be practiced NOW.

I corrected my wifes, stance, her site picture, her hands, arms virtually everything. She finished with an almost perfect score at re-qual.

Did I do it all NO. Just shooting the gun at FLETC provided a level of comfort with the weapon, but her ability to correct mistakes was never taught to her. The goal of a perfect score was never discussed. The fact that at 3y YOU SHOULD NOT MISS! Weak or Strong hand 1 or 2 misses were acceptable.

I have been through 20+ years of Military training and can say that if I was going to FLETC. I would
                            a. Rent a HK P2000 at an indoor range
                            b. Shoot at 3y and 7y one handed (strong and weak)
                            c. Shoot at 15 yard Weaver stance center mass as a goal
                            d. Shoot for perfection from day one. Don't accept any hit outside of center mass.

Just my opinion.
                            Last edited by aa737mia; 01-23-2009, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• I am thinking the same we have a 40 cal not a p2000 but we can join the range and get my practice in with that at least, I was a little low and to the left got a few by the bulls eye but not as many as i would like, I will take your advice and practice. Not making it through flect is not acceptable to me.
                              Tested March 08
                              TO June 08
                              Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                              VBT complete 08 passed
                              Qualification GS-5 September 08
                              BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                              NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                                They gave me two full weeks notice for EOD and about five weeks for FLETC, personally I couldn't have asked for more.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8925 users online. 427 members and 8498 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X