300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FOBOPS View Post
    Congrats to all of you that have gotten the call over the past few days. I've read through probably 75% of the pages on here and I'm trying to see if there is a pattern regarding when the drug screen is done - is it at a random time or does it appear to be close to the beginning or end of the whole process? Anyone have an opinion?

Random but I think a lot of the time it is after the VBT.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
      Ok, so the one you use there is "yours?" And about the lockbox?
      You receive all required equipment to secure your firearm at your port. Believe it or not the only required locking device is a strap that goes through the magazine well. You will also receive a lock box for when you go TDY so the pistol can be secured in your hotel room, but you still have to use the locking strap.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
        You receive all required equipment to secure your firearm at your port. Believe it or not the only required locking device is a strap that goes through the magazine well. You will also receive a lock box for when you go TDY so the pistol can be secured in your hotel room, but you still have to use the locking strap.
        Thanks, but what is TDY? As per the drug screen, mine was last.

Comment

Thanks, but what is TDY? As per the drug screen, mine was last.
          Temporary Duty, working somewhere other than your home port for a set period of time.

Comment

• Just a quick question
            What does it mean when CASS shows my case is in the security office?

Comment

• Originally posted by ni86 View Post
              Just a quick question
              What does it mean when CASS shows my case is in the security office?
              It means, your going to be driven crazy for the next few months. It means Washington got your security forms and they are "in the security office". Have fun waiting!

Comment

Ok, so the one you use there is "yours?" And about the lockbox?
                Yeah the pistol you get issued and use for every firearms session is the one you'll have back at the port.

Comment

• Congrat. to all who got that call but becareful not to quit your job early.

Comment

• Almost Done!!

For those that received " The Call ", do they give you one choice or several?
                    Last edited by USCG 2 NYPD; 01-23-2009, 01:02 AM.
                    N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
                    Passed:Medical (1/2009)
                    Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
                    Passed(2:50):JST
                    Passed:Mini-Medical
                    January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
                    Medical: Passed
                    PT Test: Passed
                    Qualifications GS7: Done
                    VBT: Passed
                    Backround: Done
                    Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
                    Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
                    Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
                    CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      It means, your going to be driven crazy for the next few months. It means Washington got your security forms and they are "in the security office". Have fun waiting!
                      So to add to this posters question, does this mean that the BI is almost finished and waiting on approval or that it has just begun?
                      Last edited by lscislo; 01-23-2009, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• hey to those that have already been working as a cbpo....did you join the union?

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                          hey to those that have already been working as a cbpo....did you join the union?
                          Yes
                          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lscislo View Post
                            So to add to this posters question, does this mean that the BI is almost finished and waiting on approval or that it has just begun?
                            Apparently you have not read the thread or followed any of the BI discussions.
                            If it turned to "in the security office" on CASS and you have not met your BI... it means the process has just begun. It takes about 3 to 6 months after meeting your Background Investigator for your BI to clear, that is unless they run into some issues in which case it'll take way longer...
                            It's been 13 months since I met my Investigator and I'm still waiting to clear!...
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                              Yes

May I ask what are the pros and cons of joining a union for cbp?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                                Apparently you have not read the thread or followed any of the BI discussions.
                                If it turned to "in the security office" on CASS and you have not met your BI... it means the process has just begun. It takes about 3 to 6 months after meeting your Background Investigator for your BI to clear, that is unless they run into some issues in which case it'll take way longer...
                                It's been 13 months since I met my Investigator and I'm still waiting to clear!...
                                I met with my BI in October she forwarded my case to Washington now they are asking for more info Yoda did they ask you to provide more info?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7240 users online. 382 members and 6858 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X