Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't worry, CBP will teach you everything you need to know about your duty weapon. You'll put more then a few round through it while your at the academy so you'll have no problem getting used to it. Just don't pick up any bad habits before the academy and you'll probably do just fine.

Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
    So about this pistol CBP uses. I've got a decent amount of experience with firearms. Not a sniper by any means but I'm not a horrible shot. I keep hearing about the weird action on the CBP pistol, is it THAT different? There are gun shops that let you try out any model for a fee, is it worth finding a CBP style P2000 just to run some rounds through? Or is it being blown up to more of an issue than it really is?

I fail to see how a modified trigger pull could really screw people up THAT much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post

I fail to see how a modified trigger pull could really screw people up THAT much.
      I have fired a CBP gun at the range, my other friend has a 40 caliber that I also shot and there is a significant difference in the trigger mechanism. It is something to get used to since it has a long trigger pull, and my other friends had a easy pull. I was more on with the easy pull than the cbp one.
      My friend recommended me to not fire no more until I get to flect so that I recieve the proper training since beside that day I have never fired a weapon before, I will say I enjoyed it more than I though
      Tested March 08
      TO June 08
      Medical COMPLETE 12/08
      VBT complete 08 passed
      Qualification GS-5 September 08
      BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
      NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Thanks. Does the P2000 come with those different sized hand grips as shown on the H & K website? Also, does it come with a lock box?

Comment

• i just got back from my VBT. ugh. i feel like i bombed it. not bombed but after going through it and thinking back on the various scenarios i realized that i left out some details in the responses or i could have said a lot more. i hope i pass

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
            I just got a call from the college I graduated from, they were dialing for dollars. Their ****ing number came up as "unknown" just like the hiring center. I damn near ripped the poor girls head off.

Six working days of employment left then this job goes bye bye. Been in TSU since August for Newark, christ I hope they call in the next week. Not exactly and easy time to find a temp job.
            Hound,
            I am right there with you. Hope you get that call soon. What is your current job, that it will end in 6 days? What the **** is up with Newark?!!?!?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
              Well everyone I got the call today:
              EOD 2/9
              FLETC 3/4

Thanks everyone for the support and for answering so many questions.
              Congrats! Good Luck and hope to see you there.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
                i just got back from my VBT. ugh. i feel like i bombed it. not bombed but after going through it and thinking back on the various scenarios i realized that i left out some details in the responses or i could have said a lot more. i hope i pass
                Relax...
                Most of us felt awkward and were unsure of our performances, but as long as you used common sense you'll be fine. Remember you can't discuss the contents of the VBT...
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Thanks. Does the P2000 come with those different sized hand grips as shown on the H & K website? Also, does it come with a lock box?
                  After a few times at the range, you can request a different size grip. They will accomodate you and replace it and then that'll be the grip that stays on your H&K.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                    After a few times at the range, you can request a different size grip. They will accomodate you and replace it and then that'll be the grip that stays on your H&K.
                    Ok, so the one you use there is "yours?" And about the lockbox?

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                      where did you get that info and where can i find out more about it?

Hey guys, I got my info from this forum:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/customsinspect/messages

There are quite a few post about people not passing the firearms.

I haven't posted on that forum but from reading it...be advised...the people on that forum aren't as nice as the people here. haha.

Comment

Well everyone I got the call today:
                        EOD 2/9
                        FLETC 3/4

Thanks everyone for the support and for answering so many questions.

Nice! I will see you in FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                          I haven't posted on that forum but from reading it...be advised...the people on that forum aren't as nice as the people here. haha.
                          I have posted there, and those guys definitely don't play. A lot of CBPO's on there, and I respect that they give you the hard truth...no "ifs" or "buts."

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                            Nice! I will see you in FLETC.
                            See you there!!

Comment

• Congrats to all of you that have gotten the call over the past few days. I've read through probably 75% of the pages on here and I'm trying to see if there is a pattern regarding when the drug screen is done - is it at a random time or does it appear to be close to the beginning or end of the whole process? Anyone have an opinion?
                              FORMS / VBT / MED / FIT / DRUG : Completed Feb 09
                              PENDING: QUALS / BI (in security office)
                              GEO PREF: NYC/JFK

Comment

• Originally posted by FOBOPS View Post
                                Congrats to all of you that have gotten the call over the past few days. I've read through probably 75% of the pages on here and I'm trying to see if there is a pattern regarding when the drug screen is done - is it at a random time or does it appear to be close to the beginning or end of the whole process? Anyone have an opinion?
                                Random. Mine was right in the middle.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7461 users online. 318 members and 7143 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X