Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks a bunch!!!

Comment

• I have a question about the medical. I recently had mine and the doctor discovered I had small cataracts on my right eye. They are not affecting my vision at all and are also on the side of my eye, nowhere near my line of sight. Is that something that could get me rejected? I have 20/20 and passed all eye exams.

Comment

• Originally posted by nappy1380 View Post
        I have a question about the medical. I recently had mine and the doctor discovered I had small cataracts on my right eye. They are not affecting my vision at all and are also on the side of my eye, nowhere near my line of sight. Is that something that could get me rejected? I have 20/20 and passed all eye exams.

As long as the doctor has cleared you, you should be fine. Nothing to worry about.

Comment

• Originally posted by alutins View Post
          What exactly does qualifications mean as far as what they need to check? I though it was just verifying my university...

Also, and perhaps more importantly, TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE ALREADY AT FLETC OR HAVE FINISHED AND ARE WORKING FOR CBP:

From the time you were cleared for everything on CASS, how long did it take you to get an official offer and starting date?

Thanks.
          Went to TSU on CASS on 4-5-07, got called for the job 4-6-07, pre academy 4-30-07, fletc started 5-24-07.

Comment

• Originally posted by prod View Post
            Cool thats good to know. i got 7 in the marines and getting out in 10 months. i've been looking none stop at USAJobs for openings in FL but nothing. i figure i'd should apply while i'm still in since i've seen how long it takes everyone. what state are you applying for?
            The great frozen state of Michigan

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
              Damn I used to handle Florida customers for my company (I work in a maritime related industry.) I can't believe they make you apply for Florida other if you want a job in Jacksonville or Tampa say.

I mean to go through all of this to get a job in Jacksonville only to get Pensacola or Manatee would be gawd awful.
              Florida only has a few Big POE's, the rest are small meaning that you get that port if you transfer from within. If you look at the listings of Ports for Florida the majority of them are "FEE" ports meaning very small ports, so if you want Jacksonville or any other port you're interested in when you get the call ask if they have available spots for it, or if there is a chance that you can wait for a spot to open in that port... They might let you wait or they might say take it or leave it...
              Last edited by yoda; 01-21-2009, 07:14 PM.
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• background info

I was recently contacted by a XXXXXX XXXXX from a xxx-xxx-xxxx number regarding my background info. She said she needed me to explain a few things and gave a fax number of xxx-xxx-xxxx. I compiled 52 pages of documents to support my info (big $ in savings vs. only one person working in household, a dui from 5 years ago).

I faxed in all 52 pages but have yet to hear anything. I called back the same number that she called me from, got a voicemail message for the dept. I left an informative message asking to verify my fax but no-one called me back. I called again 5 days later and left another message and again, no-one has called me back.

The reason I'm a little worried is because she told me I was allowed 30 days to respond. It has been 9 days now and I want to send off a pack of the same documents that I faxed to make sure I beat the 30 day deadline I was given. BUT I have no mailing address, I only have a fax and a landline that doesn't respond.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation? Can anyone provide me with a mailing address for this dept.? The letter says it's from XXXXX XXXX, Personnel Security Division, Office of Internal Affairs.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
                Last edited by alutins; 01-21-2009, 11:58 PM. Reason: ddddddddddddddddddd

Comment

• alutnis:

PLEASE EDIT/DELETE YOUR POST
                  PM SENT
                  CBPO

Comment

Quick question regarding additional background information.

I was recently contacted by a XXXXXX XXXXX from a xxx-xxx-xxxx number regarding my background info. She said she needed me to explain a few things and gave a fax number of xxx-xxx-xxxx. I compiled 52 pages of documents to support my info (big $ in savings vs. only one person working in household, a dui from 5 years ago).

I faxed in all 52 pages but have yet to hear anything. I called back the same number that she called me from, got a voicemail message for the dept. I left an informative message asking to verify my fax but no-one called me back. I called again 5 days later and left another message and again, no-one has called me back.

The reason I'm a little worried is because she told me I was allowed 30 days to respond. It has been 9 days now and I want to send off a pack of the same documents that I faxed to make sure I beat the 30 day deadline I was given. BUT I have no mailing address, I only have a fax and a landline that doesn't respond.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation? Can anyone provide me with a mailing address for this dept.? The letter says it's from XXXXX XXXX, Personnel Security Division, Office of Internal Affairs.

EDIT YOUR POST
                    The EDIT button is right next to the Quote button when Signed on and looking at these posts...
                    You can't delete the POST itself, but you can edit out the parts that need to be taken out.
                    Last edited by yoda; 01-22-2009, 12:00 AM.
                    CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by prod View Post
                      anyone here prior military thats trying to join up?
                      Marine Corps
                      Patience is a virtue

Comment

i was contact by a BI after the BI that interviewed me already sent it over. he told me that all he needed was a copy of my mother's naturalization papers and to fax it over and my BI would be good to go. this was around december 20-23ish and my BI still hasn't cleared.

Comment

• Hey guys, so I have been doing some "research" and it seems that the firearms qualification is one of the hardest part at FLETC.

Comment

• any one recieve a call for san diego
                            or any other sw geo preff

Comment

• any one recieve a call for san diego
                              or any other sw geo preff

Comment

• san diego

any one recieve a call for san diego
                                or any other sw geo preff:eekrolleyes:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10904 users online. 390 members and 10514 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X