300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
    I would like to ask a few questions because I am waiting for TSU for the Miami area. Is the airport better than the seaport and what are your hours and days off? How is the staff? And what are the best places to stay in Miami since I will be moving down from Chicago. Any response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by prod View Post
      Cool thats good to know. i got 7 in the marines and getting out in 10 months. i've been looking none stop at USAJobs for openings in FL but nothing. i figure i'd should apply while i'm still in since i've seen how long it takes everyone. what state are you applying for?
      Last open period in Nov 08' Florida was available as a Geo Pref. , maybe in the new one coming at the end of Jan it'll be an option as well.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• great questions i too been wondering the same if anyone can shead some light on that. i personaly would like to work at the sea port but idk what the pace there is like, i figured MIA would be busy as hell since is such a big entry point. what about Fort Lauderdale Int? also if anyone knows anything about Marine interdiction thats what my goal is or K9. i know for k9 you have to be GS11 and its a special duty. there a few CBPO that come to my warehouse in MCAS YUMA, AZ to practice and its freaking awsome watching them train! been a german shepard owner and all. i have this questions to them but been the fact that we're in the middle of the desert they have no clue.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          Last open period in Nov 08' Florida was available as a Geo Pref. , maybe in the new one coming at the end of Jan it'll be an option as well.

Comment

• what! really? damn... well i think i still have to much time left in my contract... 9 months actaully... well ive been looking at USA jobs and i havent seen anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by prod View Post
              great questions i too been wondering the same if anyone can shead some light on that. i personaly would like to work at the sea port but idk what the pace there is like, i figured MIA would be busy as hell since is such a big entry point. what about Fort Lauderdale Int? also if anyone knows anything about Marine interdiction thats what my goal is or K9. i know for k9 you have to be GS11 and its a special duty. there a few CBPO that come to my warehouse in MCAS YUMA, AZ to practice and its freaking awsome watching them train! been a german shepard owner and all. i have this questions to them but been the fact that we're in the middle of the desert they have no clue.
              First, hit the quote button and answer in the same message.....

Now,
              Florida has 2 Geo Preferences:
              A) Florida -All other Locations
              B) Florida- Miami

Miami Geo Pref covers MIA, Sea Port, Keys and I think Port Everglades, the rest falls under the other preference. Marine Interdiction is separate from CBPO, you go directly into it if you meet the qualifications for it (read up on it at cbp.gov). Sea Ports are more of a 9 to 5 job type, as in a more structured schedule (less OT to be had) and more time to spend with the Family. Busy Airports or Border Crossings (lots of OT) irregular schedule and less time off. There are many opportunities to select which way you want to specialize once you hit GS-11, but you have to wait until then...
              Go to cbp.gov and then go to careers, you'll see which ones are hiring at this time or find out any information you want.
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Anyone in class 932? Feb 26?

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
                  How long should it take for it to change from complete (all parts) to letting me know that I'm in TSU?...They just went complete yesterday morning.

Mine went to TSU the same morning that I got the call so who knows.

Comment

• Congrats Solid. Luckily you

I am new to the Law Enforcement industry and wanted to know if there are any other LE positions that I can apply for that is entry-level besides CBPO?

Test: AUg. 18, 2008
                    NOR: San Diego
                    TO:Jan 7th, 2008

everything else pending

Comment

• Originally posted by sd_girl03 View Post
                      Congrats Solid. Luckily you

I am new to the Law Enforcement industry and wanted to know if there are any other LE positions that I can apply for that is entry-level besides CBPO?

everything else pending
                      Are you looking for strictly federal because you can apply to any local or state agency.

Comment

Congrats Solid. Luckily you

everything else pending
                        well the county of san diego is currently on a hiring freeze since december 08 i think, but they should pick up again soon. county sheriff's LE/detentions are entry level. so is any local pd. i think SD harbor police just recently had their test over the weekend or it's this coming weekend. correctional deputy probation officer for the county is also entry level. border patrol is hiring like crazy still for socal and their process takes 3-6 months total. my roommate got picked up in 4 months and i've read in BP forums of people getting hired for san diego and chula vista in just 3 months. but yeah.. there's tons of entry level out there, you just gotta look around.

Comment

• Since San Diego is on a hiring freeze; when do you think they will pick up again? Does anyone know? They will still go through the process of getting our stuff process though right?

Comment

• Damn I used to handle Florida customers for my company (I work in a maritime related industry.) I can't believe they make you apply for Florida other if you want a job in Jacksonville or Tampa say.

I mean to go through all of this to get a job in Jacksonville only to get Pensacola or Manatee would be gawd awful.

Comment

Since San Diego is on a hiring freeze; when do you think they will pick up again? Does anyone know? They will still go through the process of getting our stuff process though right?
                              well here is the website (if posting websites is not allowed i can edit this post):
                              http://agency.governmentjobs.com/sdcounty/default.cfm

it looks like CDPO and sheriff cadet positions are on there, so i don't think it would hurt to apply.

oh and the IRS is hiring revenue officers nationwide, and the start date for the job says june 8, 09. but i think it starts at the gs-7 level. here's the link:
                              http://federalgovernmentjobs.us/jobs...m_medium=email

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                                First, hit the quote button and answer in the same message.....

Now,
                                Florida has 2 Geo Preferences:
                                A) Florida -All other Locations
                                B) Florida- Miami

Miami Geo Pref covers MIA, Sea Port, Keys and I think Port Everglades, the rest falls under the other preference. Marine Interdiction is separate from CBPO, you go directly into it if you meet the qualifications for it (read up on it at cbp.gov). Sea Ports are more of a 9 to 5 job type, as in a more structured schedule (less OT to be had) and more time to spend with the Family. Busy Airports or Border Crossings (lots of OT) irregular schedule and less time off. There are many opportunities to select which way you want to specialize once you hit GS-11, but you have to wait until then...
                                Go to cbp.gov and then go to careers, you'll see which ones are hiring at this time or find out any information you want.

OOPS... sorry for the double post kainda new at this. wow that's actually what I was looking to hear. I didn't get a lot of school done in the marines giving the deployments and what not so I this port definitely would be good although OT is also good. one gs11 k9 that was spoke with made almost 90k two years ago... and that's port entry Algodones in Yuma az. down side no time with fam. a lot of my marines want me to stay but seriously I work (no bs) almost 10-12 hours days, some times even more. so I'm just tired of working dumb *** hours and not seen at least the difference on my check... to me that makes it worth it. don't get me wrong I love the core and its been fun but CBPO/BP seem to have similar benefits (i.e. leave, work hours, not so much medical and education but other things are alike) CBPO/BP they get paid OT in most places not to mention none comp promotions. The military does not… oh yea did I mention no more deployments...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7235 users online. 383 members and 6852 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X