300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Syracuse is possible, but not real likely...especially for a new hire. Syracuse is fairly small, as is Rochester. The chances of them needing new people are going to be slim and if they do have an opening...most likely it'll be someone coming in from Buffalo or elsewhere that's going to fill it.

No harm in asking though. Just don't hold your breath over it.
    Thanks, here's for hoping...

Comment

• Originally posted by NYBob View Post
      Thanks, here's for hoping...

For what it's worth...I've seen straight hires into Albany, which sort of amazed me. I would have expected someone from Champlain to get there first.

So it might be more than possible.

Ever think about A-Bay? It's got to be a bit closer than Buffalo.

Comment

Well...Rocky would have had little problems at FLETC.

As I see it, there's little an applicant can do to prepare for FLETC...outside of getting into shape. The better shape you're in, the easier the physical part of the program is going to be. The guy going in who can do 12 chin-ups, 100 sit-ups and 100 push-ups is going to coast through the program, the guy coming in who's doing 2 chin-ups, 20 push-ups and 20 sit-ups is going to struggle pretty much the whole time.

Why make it a struggle if you don't need to? A few months of pre-FLETC workouts can make all the difference between being slightly uncomfortable during the academy and finishing up in serious pain, between graduating in the top 15% of the class or heading back to your port injured and/or possibly being out of a job. Why risk it?
        In the marines a 18 min 3 mile run (100 pts), 20 pull ups (100 pts) and 100 crunches in 2 min (100 pts) will give you a perfect 300 physical fitness test. What would it take to get a perfect fitness score at FLETC for CBP?

Comment

• Originally posted by usmc2cbp View Post
          In the marines a 18 min 3 mile run (100 pts), 20 pull ups (100 pts) and 100 crunches in 2 min (100 pts) will give you a perfect 300 physical fitness test. What would it take to get a perfect fitness score at FLETC for CBP?
          There is no perfect score. There is however, like a wall of fame with all the FLETC fitness records. Not sure what they are at the moment though.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            There is no perfect score. There is however, like a wall of fame with all the FLETC fitness records. Not sure what they are at the moment though.
            Then does fitness determine your class ranking?

Comment

Well, there is like an academic award and some kind of overall award that they look at all your areas and scores, etc. and if you meet them all you get some certificate. Nothing to be concerned with though, just want to pass everything and get home!

Comment

• oOOh FLETC fitness records? now that's something i'll be trying to go for.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                  oOOh FLETC fitness records? now that's something i'll be trying to go for.
                  Yeah, its pointless. Unless you just happen to be a track star that can run a 6 minute mile an half without trying and get the record, it's not something anyone shoots for. Except for like the ego maniacs. But all the beer drinkers would rather be doing that!

Comment

For what it's worth...I've seen straight hires into Albany, which sort of amazed me. I would have expected someone from Champlain to get there first.

So it might be more than possible.

Ever think about A-Bay? It's got to be a bit closer than Buffalo.
                    It honestly never even crossed my mind. I love the area up there though. I would be much happier there I think than Buffalo, that's something to keep in mind, Thanks.

Comment

• What exactly does qualifications mean as far as what they need to check? I though it was just verifying my university...

Also, and perhaps more importantly, TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE ALREADY AT FLETC OR HAVE FINISHED AND ARE WORKING FOR CBP:

From the time you were cleared for everything on CASS, how long did it take you to get an official offer and starting date?

Thanks.

Comment

There are awards for top gun, highest test average (over 95%), highest overall average (over 90%), and one for fitness but I don't recall the requirements. I missed highest overall average by .37 points. That worked out to one question on a test, two more bullets in the 5 ring or 15 seconds on the run. I brain farted on questions (miss read the question), miss marked one answer and was led astray by an evil classmate from a discussion the night before (not really but the wrong answer stuck in my head from the night before), I miss counted my bullets twice (at the 25 yard line), and I slacked off the last 100 feet of the run. I still kick myself in the butt.
                        Last edited by kc12; 01-21-2009, 02:58 PM.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by alutins View Post
                          What exactly does qualifications mean as far as what they need to check? I though it was just verifying my university...

Also, and perhaps more importantly, TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE ALREADY AT FLETC OR HAVE FINISHED AND ARE WORKING FOR CBP:

From the time you were cleared for everything on CASS, how long did it take you to get an official offer and starting date?

Thanks.
                          Qualifications is one of the last things they check off, usually done when your Background is completed, some get it cleared quick and some as the last thing... as always, it's a crap shoot!... And yes if it's a degree then your transcripts and/or your diploma is all they need.

As to being referred to TSU and getting the call depends on your POE (Geo Pref) if it's a POE in need of lots of people your wait in next to none, on the other hand you might stuck in TSU for months on end waiting for a slot to open.
                          Last edited by yoda; 01-21-2009, 03:03 PM.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• double post
                            Last edited by yoda; 01-21-2009, 03:03 PM. Reason: double post
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              Right here. 4 years active duty air force and 2+ yrs in the national guard.

Comment

• Cool thats good to know. i got 7 in the marines and getting out in 10 months. i've been looking none stop at USAJobs for openings in FL but nothing. i figure i'd should apply while i'm still in since i've seen how long it takes everyone. what state are you applying for?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7433 users online. 349 members and 7084 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X