300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlookin,
    Just give them what they requested. If they want an "assessment" then when you book the cardiologist appt, tell them thats what you need and what its for and they will determine what to do for you. There was probably paperwork included with your letter for the dr to cover. Kind of like a check list. Dont sweat it. If DHS wants more, they will specifically ask for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by outlookingin View Post
      Just got my NOT MEDICALLY CLEARED LETTER....!!!

I put on my background booklet that I had heart palpitations in the past. Now I have pay out of pocket and go to a Cardiologist for an assessment. Then I have 35 days to get the report to DHS.

To me this is redundant, I am going to have to perform a stress test and get an EKG. Isn't that what the Step Test and Medical workup I had done already covered?
      I got the same thing for having mild hypertension even though it is totally controlled. If you disclose you have ANYTHING wrong with you they have to cover their asses. They don't want you to drop dead during a workout then get sued.

I am still waiting on the determination.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilnupe2009 View Post
        Took the test Thursday, and man that was a long *** test but I think I did well on it.

One question, do the last two sections count on your final score?
        Yes they do, the test not only is graded on a curve, but they give you freebies for the last section. (just what I have been told)

Comment

• um, is ANYONE in CBPI class 815? Dec 13-Mar 13?

since i have been asked for a time line:
          Feb 07 test, two weeks later results.
          June'ish letter stating to narrow down location to just one.
          July application package.
          Aug letters/phone calls started about medical/fitness.
          Oct BI guys calls, sets time to chit-chat.
          Nov 06 approx. 1400hrs CST call from DHS, advised hired as a GS7, wanted me to start 11/19 told them i need to give two week notice, start date changed to 11/26. was advised of academy date of Dec13-Mar13
          Two week noticed given, blacked balled. still on partol for some stupid reason.
          all in all i would say took ABOUT as long as getting hired at any decent PD.
          Last edited by stiletto6507; 11-10-2007, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by deyosurf19 View Post
            Yes they do, the test not only is graded on a curve, but they give you freebies for the last section. (just what I have been told)
            Freebies?

BTW-- Does the test really take the 4 hours 50 minutes??
            Last edited by FutureLE; 11-12-2007, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• 1) Can't answer.

2) Yes.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• I am going for a stress test tomorrow. Luckily they are coding so my health insurance pays for it. I haven't been working out in over a year, I'm a little concerned about taking this test. I actually had a stress test and EKG done in 2004 from this same cardiologist. Would those records suffice you think, or do I need it again?

Comment

• Stilleto, I will be in the same class at fletc. Does anyone know what kind of personal time you have during training? If we get some time off someone please tell me if they know of a Brazilian Jiu-Jistu school nearby Glynco. Even judo or kick boxing will do. I'll go through withdrawals if I can't train for that long...

Comment

• There is or was a BJJ club at FLETC.

It was like work...you worked from 0730 until 1630 with an hour for lunch...after they went or go to 6 days per week...I am not sure what the day off will be like...

Erm

Comment

• Is FLETC closed at all for Christmas. I was wondering if I'll be flying home for the holidays or do we have to stay there?

Comment

• Finneus, chill i have a **** load of MMA dvds and books.

Comment

I got the same thing for having mild hypertension even though it is totally controlled. If you disclose you have ANYTHING wrong with you they have to cover their asses. They don't want you to drop dead during a workout then get sued.

I am still waiting on the determination.
                          I got medically cleared today!!!

The only left pending is my BI and I am good to go. This has been a pretty fast process considering I took the written test August 29th

Comment

I got medically cleared today!!!

The only left pending is my BI and I am good to go. This has been a pretty fast process considering I took the written test August 29th
                            Great to hear!! I have a stress test scheduled for next week. What locale did you apply for? I'm NJ. I took my test in Feb. I still have my B.I. pending, my drug test and my qualifications. I'm tired of checking CASS LOL.

Great to hear though, seriously. I hope you get on!

Comment

• Originally posted by outlookingin View Post
                              Great to hear!! I have a stress test scheduled for next week. What locale did you apply for? I'm NJ. I took my test in Feb. I still have my B.I. pending, my drug test and my qualifications. I'm tired of checking CASS LOL.

Great to hear though, seriously. I hope you get on!
                              Good luck on your stress test, those can be a little disconcerting.
                              I applied for Long Beach/LAX area (California). They need people so bad that they are working hard to push them through in an expedient manner.

Checking cass for 3 months sucks! I can't imagine that you've been doing it for 9! Hang in there.

Comment

• What are the grooming standards for cbp? Do they allow sideburns in the academy?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11241 users online. 437 members and 10804 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X