300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by primetime24 View Post
    Thanks Merlin! i'd settle for a treadmil there, at least. Save myself the cost of a gym membership for 3 weeks!
    Run outside, if at all possible.

Treadmills are most often the poorest choice between the two.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      It hasn't been over 20 degrees and snowed daily for almost 2 weeks now

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
        Hey guys, guess what! I got THE CALL today! I swear I had a dream about it last night. SFO international airport.

EOD Feb 2

FLETC Feb 25
        Congrads man.. have fun

Comment

• I took the test a year ago, finished medical, fitness, drug test. Met with my BI in October. My background and quals are still pending. My BI sat down with me and went through my life with a fine tooth comb. A friend of mine took the test last August, finished everything by November and was hired in December and started at his port this month, goes to Fletc in two weeks! I met with my BI for 3-4 hours; he met with his for 45 minutes. I don’t get it. I have a really clean background, and my buddy is a little shady and I definitely thought he was going to have to explain some of his past in more detail. Actually, I didn’t think he would get the job. I am losing my patience with this thing. This whole hiring process is a crap shoot. Did I mention that I already work for DHS and have a clearance!!! I check Cass and this thread almost every other day. I am taking a break before my head explodes.

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
            Hey guys, guess what! I got THE CALL today! I swear I had a dream about it last night. SFO international airport.

EOD Feb 2

FLETC Feb 25
            Solid,
            Thats awesome!!!. I am jealous. Has to be a great feeling.
            Good luck, and keep us posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
              So? It snows in Buffalo nearly every day during the winter and +20 isn't all that cold.

There's no comfy indoors treadmill running when you're testing in Glynco. You'll be running out in whatever nature decides to throw at you most of your time in GA.

Might as well prepare yourself now for it. If you can punch out 5 miles of running in Buffalo today, think of how much easier 5 miles of running at FLETC in April will be.

Comment

• new to post

Hello,
                Great site so far, got a lot of my questions answered. Took the test in Aug and just got sent to scheduling on Dec. 30th with a Geo code in Mich. Right now I am with the Marine reserves on active orders but I can cut them anytime. One question I haven’t seen answered; with those of us with everything in CASS completed and waiting to be scheduled will the vacancy announcements on the 30th help us or will that just get more people into the pipeline?

Comment

So? It snows in Buffalo nearly every day during the winter and +20 isn't all that cold.

There's no comfy indoors treadmill running when you're testing in Glynco. You'll be running out in whatever nature decides to throw at you most of your time in GA.

Might as well prepare yourself now for it. If you can punch out 5 miles of running in Buffalo today, think of how much easier 5 miles of running at FLETC in April will be.
                  Well that is not entirely accurate. Quite a few times our pt instuctor put us on the treadmill due to weather conditions and/or a change of pace. You are correct though, if you have the weather and the means, you might as well run outside.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
                    Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

Treadmills are most often the poorest choice between the two.
                    Yeah man it's a little cold here and the wind where i live, we'll i might as well be running up against both the steelers and ravens defenses at the same time!

Good ole western new york winter!

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                      I took the test a year ago, finished medical, fitness, drug test. Met with my BI in October. My background and quals are still pending. My BI sat down with me and went through my life with a fine tooth comb. A friend of mine took the test last August, finished everything by November and was hired in December and started at his port this month, goes to Fletc in two weeks! I met with my BI for 3-4 hours; he met with his for 45 minutes. I don’t get it. I have a really clean background, and my buddy is a little shady and I definitely thought he was going to have to explain some of his past in more detail. Actually, I didn’t think he would get the job. I am losing my patience with this thing. This whole hiring process is a crap shoot. Did I mention that I already work for DHS and have a clearance!!! I check Cass and this thread almost every other day. I am taking a break before my head explodes.
                      You are correct my friend, it is all a crapshoot. I dont care what some people on this site or other sites might say about all these timelines and expected processing times. You now know first hand that it just goes by your investigator and by luck of the draw. Like anything else in life, some BI's might be more laid back than others and more apt to give someone a break and write a good report and not just fixating on one screwup in their life. And others may take a more than qualified candidate and pick them apart until they find something bad about their past.

Comment

• Does Anyone Know Who Sends Out Nopa's? Is It From MHC Or Where Else. Also What Does IA Stand For? Thanks for everyones help.

Comment

• Originally posted by primetime24 View Post
                          Yeah man it's a little cold here and the wind where i live, we'll i might as well be running up against both the steelers and ravens defenses at the same time!

Good ole western new york winter!
                          I grew up in the Adirondacks. I have lots of relatives in places like Fulton, Oswego and Watertown. I know all too well what lake-effect snow is and how crappy NNY weather can be.

Still, there's nothing stopping you from running in it other than your head. If you dress appropriately for the cold weather, there's little to worry about.

Heck it's easier to workout in the cold than in the heat. Waste heat can kill you in the summer, it shouldn't be much of a problem in the winter.

Comment

I wasn't trying to start an argument, just stating fact that its been pretty brutal the last few weeks. Obviously the elements in Buffalo wouldn't be nearly as bad as what we'd be up against at FLETC, so it would be good practice. Usually its the not cold I worry about, rather the un-shoveled sidewalks and icy conditions in the street..that's not even taking into account the wind chill. Needless to say, the thought of weather in Glynco doesn't particularly scare me.
                            Last edited by NAL06; 01-21-2009, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ENSNIPE507 View Post
                              Does Anyone Know Who Sends Out Nopa's? Is It From MHC Or Where Else. Also What Does IA Stand For? Thanks for everyones help.
                              IA is Internal Affairs. The NOPA's come from the security personnel who are reviewing your file. Are you expecting one?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                                Well that is not entirely accurate. Quite a few times our pt instuctor put us on the treadmill due to weather conditions and/or a change of pace. You are correct though, if you have the weather and the means, you might as well run outside.

I was on the treadmill once while there...I think.

As I see it, there's little chance of seeing much for black-flagging at FLETC before June. That likely means anyone heading down that way anytime between now and March is probably going to be spending a least a few good months outside on the track or the trails.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10787 users online. 522 members and 10265 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X