300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DaBonk112 View Post
    Did IA question you as to how you got the number? Is the number to IA for public or internal access?
    It is not for the public (as they don't advertise it) and they didn't question me as to how I got it. I know of a member I gave the number to, that her Adjudicator asked in an indignant tone "how did she get the number and his/her name", to which you don't have to answer if you don't want to. I give you the number to the receptionist and the rest is up to you. When you get called by IA the number is not blocked, unlike the Investigator (at least mine) every time he called it came up blocked.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
      Congrats.

Hey so how was it working at SFO pre-FLETC? Was it very busy?

Comment

• Originally posted by FLA22 View Post
        Wow Yoda!

I guess I fully expect a NOPA after reading your problem. I am not late on any credit cards but I do have 15,000 in credit card debt. On the other hand I paid off my home worth 350,000 and my vehicles are also paid off. I hope that evens out their view. Perhaps that is why my BI has been pending for 5 months while others get by so fast. I am also older then most applicants, using my prior government law enforcement position time to get in under the age cut off.
        Have you met with your BI yet? Did anything come up in the conversation that would get you to think that's the outcome?

Comment

• I met with my BI in September and he said nothing about credit. After meeting with him he called about month later to clarify something job related and that was it. I just figure it takes up to a year to complete my background.

Comment

• Does Anyone Know Who Sends Out Nopa's? Is It From Mhc Or Where Else. Also What Does Ia Stand For?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              It is not for the public (as they don't advertise it) and they didn't question me as to how I got it. I know of a member I gave the number to, that her Adjudicator asked in an indignant tone "how did she get the number and his/her name", to which you don't have to answer if you don't want to. I give you the number to the receptionist and the rest is up to you. When you get called by IA the number is not blocked, unlike the Investigator (at least mine) every time he called it came up blocked.
              Their number is not to be released to whomever you think should have it. There is absolutely no reason to call IA unless they call you.

Comment

• anyone here prior military thats trying to join up?

Comment

• did anyone see the CBPO's siezed 100 pounds of synthetic marijuana...it didn't test positive for THC but tested positive for HU-210

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/con...09bustweb.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                    I am working at Miami Int Airport. and yesterday I worked 12 hours, and it was non stop... two 20 min breaks, and that is about it. The time goes by pretty fast and you really dont notice how many people you interact with on a daily basis.

To compare it to and local pd deputy position, would be very difficult... PD you see a lot more "action" (speaking from Miami, Landborder plenty of action). At MIA, its def more of investigative and people reading skills then anything, 95% of people are law biding citizens... just having the right questions and trusting instincts is what helps you find that other 5%. At MIA, chances of you having to pull your weapon, maybe <1%. Arrest due to fraud, 20%, finding drugs 40%... and it changes on a daily basis. You never know what to expect, but without the fist fights, murder scenes, domestic violence etc etc.

For me, CBP is a very good stepping stone that you can not get with local PD... maybe to another agency, maybe to another area of CBP (there are plenty), but if life on "the beat" is what your looking for... I wouldnt expect it with CBP, again... speaking from a busy airport point of view, a place like San Ysidro... different story. (my plan is to transfer to a land border at GS11)
                    I would like to ask a few questions because I am waiting for TSU for the Miami area. Is the airport better than the seaport and what are your hours and days off? How is the staff? And what are the best places to stay in Miami since I will be moving down from Chicago. Any response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
                    Miami by way of Chicago
                    Test 8/4/08
                    TO 11/13/08
                    Drug Test 11/13/08
                    VBT 12/11/08
                    Physical 12/16/08
                    Qual 1/10/09
                    Met BI 1/5/09
                    BI cleared 2/19/09
                    TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by prod View Post
                      anyone here prior military thats trying to join up?
                      Right here. 4 years active duty air force and 2+ yrs in the national guard.

Comment

• fitnes area

Does anyone know for port of buffalo ny, during EOD is there fitness facilities to use during those 3 weeks? I worked at a school so used the gym there, but will be without one during EOD, definately want to keep in shape.

Thanks

Comment

• Still Waiting

Hey everbody, I just thought I would put my two cents in. I am in Michigan I recieved my TO in April 08 and every thing is complete except my BI is in security office and I have been bouncing back and forth with the Medical Review Unit since Sep on a RX have not took since Aug. Today I will be faxing my 3rd DOC to the Medical Review Unit. I recieved a NOPA in early Sep. They had questions about my credit. I responded promptly and never heard a response back until my BI called and scheduled an appt. Since then I have not heard anything else about my BI. So here I sit waiting for some kind of update on my BI. So my first question is: Does your BI go in limbo until everthing else is cleared then they continue with BI. My dad who transfered from a EOD in michigan to FLETC. And my mom who retired from being the Port Directors right hand man are not sure. also I heard a rumor that there will be a hiring freeze soon. Does that mean everyone in the system is SOL and has to wait even longer. Also if you are in the system already and are playing the waiting game and you hit the max age req. Are you SOL? Last question. What are the reasons for being found unsuitable, I still have crappy credit but I am working on fixing that as I stated in my response to the NOPA. I also have have one employer that did not like me and fired me. Do they look at the overall character of the applicant or if they see one bad mark they toss your case. Do you get a chance to appeal thier decision. Any thoughts on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by primetime24 View Post
                            Does anyone know for port of buffalo ny, during EOD is there fitness facilities to use during those 3 weeks? I worked at a school so used the gym there, but will be without one during EOD, definately want to keep in shape.

Thanks
                            The Port of Buffalo has an exercise room at one of the bridges. In general, expect most ports to be without much for exercise equipment, gyms or much of anything related to fitness.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              The Port of Buffalo has an exercise room at one of the bridges. In general, expect most ports to be without much for exercise equipment, gyms or much of anything related to fitness.
                              Thanks Merlin! i'd settle for a treadmil there, at least. Save myself the cost of a gym membership for 3 weeks!

Comment

• Originally posted by prod View Post
                                anyone here prior military thats trying to join up?
                                I'm currently National Guard. (military police)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10032 users online. 475 members and 9557 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X