Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a new week, anyone get the "call"? Geo Pref?

Comment

• I forgot it is a fed holiday, maybe tomorrow? Good luck everyone...

Comment

• Anyone know what the verdict is on having facial hair ie goatee?

Comment

• Originally posted by primetime24 View Post
          Anyone know what the verdict is on having facial hair ie goatee?
          Nope, just neatly trimmed mustaches.

Comment

• man i haven't shaved that thing totally off in like 13 years! Do they tell you that at EOD or do you get reamed when you get to FLETC and have one?

Comment

• You will be clean shaven by your second day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ford123 View Post
                You will be clean shaven by your second day.
                guess i better start now and get used to it, better yet, have my wife get used to it

Comment

• Well all, I have been out of FLETC for almost a month... Been on the line... doing OT like its going out of style. I gotta say, I do like the interactions.. And if you think you will have much of a life after FLETC (for busy ports) think again... Ive been on my own after OJT for 2 days... already looking at 12 hours of OT... lol, so prepare your family if you have one.

But its def different from FLETC, but FLETC does lay a pretty solid foundation of what youll be doing when your working the line.
                  Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                  Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                  Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                    Well all, I have been out of FLETC for almost a month... Been on the line... doing OT like its going out of style. I gotta say, I do like the interactions.. And if you think you will have much of a life after FLETC (for busy ports) think again... Ive been on my own after OJT for 2 days... already looking at 12 hours of OT... lol, so prepare your family if you have one.

But its def different from FLETC, but FLETC does lay a pretty solid foundation of what youll be doing when your working the line.
                    Ha my wife is already prepared, I think she's ready to quit her job, something she's been asking me to do for the last 4 years! Seems like i win with the job and she wins with getting to stay home.

Really though Dfly, Thanks for the insight/advice.

Comment

• DFly, which location are you working? Do you get bored? Stand all day? Or are you constantly busy and interacting? Pretty much how do you feel now compared to if you were working local PD/Sheriff patrol?
                      Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

• FYI, haircuts for males are $10 at the barber shop here on FLETC. Females are a couple bucks more.

Comment

• Originally posted by primetime24 View Post
                          Ha my wife is already prepared, I think she's ready to quit her job, something she's been asking me to do for the last 4 years! Seems like i win with the job and she wins with getting to stay home.

Really though Dfly, Thanks for the insight/advice.
                          Ya know there are actually quite a few guys who said their wives just stay home simply cause if they need money she puts him to work, there is a lot of money to be made (depending on your port of course) so if you think its worth it, especially the way the economy is... then go for it.
                          Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by E3CSHARP View Post
                            DFly, which location are you working? Do you get bored? Stand all day? Or are you constantly busy and interacting? Pretty much how do you feel now compared to if you were working local PD/Sheriff patrol?
                            I am working at Miami Int Airport. and yesterday I worked 12 hours, and it was non stop... two 20 min breaks, and that is about it. The time goes by pretty fast and you really dont notice how many people you interact with on a daily basis.

To compare it to and local pd deputy position, would be very difficult... PD you see a lot more "action" (speaking from Miami, Landborder plenty of action). At MIA, its def more of investigative and people reading skills then anything, 95% of people are law biding citizens... just having the right questions and trusting instincts is what helps you find that other 5%. At MIA, chances of you having to pull your weapon, maybe <1%. Arrest due to fraud, 20%, finding drugs 40%... and it changes on a daily basis. You never know what to expect, but without the fist fights, murder scenes, domestic violence etc etc.

For me, CBP is a very good stepping stone that you can not get with local PD... maybe to another agency, maybe to another area of CBP (there are plenty), but if life on "the beat" is what your looking for... I wouldnt expect it with CBP, again... speaking from a busy airport point of view, a place like San Ysidro... different story. (my plan is to transfer to a land border at GS11)
                            Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

• $10... and they do a great job

Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                              Is there a barber at fletc? How much for a cut?

Comment

• Can anyone tell me is there a set schedule for pre-academy? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
                                Last edited by dreCBPONYC08; 01-19-2009, 09:42 PM.
                                Test: Mar 08
                                NOR: Mar 08
                                TO: JUN 08
                                INTERVIEW: JUL 08 pass
                                MED/FIT: JUL 08 pass
                                DRUG TEST: AUG 08 pass
                                PRE-EMPFORMS: AUG 08 pending document of military service.
                                QUALS: SEP 08 GS-5
                                BI: interview OCT 14th, cleared OCT 22nd
                                GEO PREF: NYC/JFK
                                TSU: NOV 25th
                                EOD: DEC 15th Had to decline due to Military obligation.
                                Back in the pipline for new EOD.
                                NEW EOD: JAN 20th
                                FLETC: FEB 20th, Class No: CBPI-931

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8823 users online. 310 members and 8513 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X