Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My investigation has been in the security office for 8 months. I met with my BI in mid March and was called by his sup a week later before my file was sent off to IA.

Comment

• Yoda, question, I see that you re-applied for florida, was there a specific reason or just want to see this side of the country? Cause I'm in for florida, thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
        Hmm....happened to me as well, but rarely ever is a person not a candidate for lasik,
        Thats not really true, if you have are far sighted with a large enough bulge in your eye (not a dr. on tv or the internet so you'll have to deal with my layman's terms) they can't permanently correct your vision with lasik. The can make a temporary fix but within a few years it'll start getting worse again. Considering the fact that you WILL get cataracts if you have LASIK it's not a great trade off.

I'm not sure what PRK's limitations are, but I'm fairly certain a large portion of the far sighted population aren't really good candidates for surgical correction.

Comment

• Originally posted by keith snelgrove View Post
          Yoda, question, I see that you re-applied for florida, was there a specific reason or just want to see this side of the country? Cause I'm in for florida, thanks
          Lived in Florida about 8 years, came out to California after School to have a go at a career in the film industry (SOUND), after 2 years of "working" for FREE I had to explore other options... The way I see it, I rather live and work where I'm comfortable and at peace, that's why I changed to Florida... When I applied there only around 5 options for locations and Florida was not one, so I went with LA since I lived there for a while anyways, in the hopes that I would be picked up and able to change ports from LA to Fl. After so much time went by and so much crap to go through (besides realizing that the geo change would be next to impossible) I said what the heck and I re-applied for Florida... I've been waiting for over a year already... how much more could I wait right?...

So anyone that want's to change Geo Pref and already has a TO, all you have to do is re-apply in the new announcement that has your location...THAT'S IT... all of your process continues as is and once you get a new TO from the new location everything transfers over automatically. The whole you have to decline your current offer line is BS, cause that'll cancel out everything that's pending (tossed away) and begin everything again from the start.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
            Lived in Florida about 8 years, came out to California after School to have a go at a career in the film industry (SOUND), after 2 years of "working" for FREE I had to explore other options... The way I see it, I rather live and work where I'm comfortable and at peace, that's why I changed to Florida... When I applied there only around 5 options for locations and Florida was not one, so I went with LA since I lived there for a while anyways, in the hopes that I would be picked up and able to change ports from LA to Fl. After so much time went by and so much crap to go through (besides realizing that the geo change would be next to impossible) I said what the heck and I re-applied for Florida... I've been waiting for over a year already... how much more could I wait right?...

So anyone that want's to change Geo Pref and already has a TO, all you have to do is re-apply in the new announcement that has your location...THAT'S IT... all of your process continues as is and once you get a new TO from the new location everything transfers over automatically. The whole you have to decline your current offer line is BS, cause that'll cancel out everything that's pending (tossed away) and begin everything again from the start.
            Have you heard anything new on what they need down in the florida areas

Comment

Have you heard anything new on what they need down in the florida areas
              I have a friend that works in Orlando and he always tells me that they're in need of people... and he's always working...that means he get lots of OT there... as to Tampa or Miami, I couldn't say... but Miami being so busy they should always be looking for new people. Sea Ports I don't know much about, but Port Canaveral would be an awesome place to work at, just for the fact that you're there for shuttle launches!... If anyone has the chance to experience one DO IT!... It is one of the single most impressive sights you could witness...
              CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                I have a friend that works in Orlando and he always tells me that they're in need of people... and he's always working...that means he get lots of OT there... as to Tampa or Miami, I couldn't say... but Miami being so busy they should always be looking for new people. Sea Ports I don't know much about, but Port Canaveral would be an awesome place to work at, just for the fact that you're there for shuttle launches!... If anyone has the chance to experience one DO IT!... It is one of the single most impressive sights you could witness...
                Is it me or am I mistaken but on this forum, I don't see a lot of Florida bound cbpo. I chose florida for a few reasons. I know that there are a lot of areas that are in need for cbpo, but Florida has many ports, international airports, and stations. What's your input on this? Just wondering

Comment

• I have been reading these comments and now I'm a bit concerned about my vision. My right eye is what they call a lazy eye, but my left eye is perfect. My left eye is dominant and I've never had any issues with my sight. My lazy eye doesn't wonder or anything like that, but if I only use my right eye, things would be a little fuzzy around the edges of objects. Anyone know the requirements? I'm left handed and naturally, my left eye is used for shooting...BTW, my lazy eye can't be fixed unless I want to replace it.
                  Test Date: 12/8/08
                  NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
                  TO: 1/30/09-Received
                  Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
                  VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
                  Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
                  Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
                  Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
                  Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
                  BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• WHOO HOO CASS shows that everything is completed today! Now its TSU time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogonj View Post
                      I didnt notice cbp has a requirement for uncorrected vision until my medical was scheduled. With contacts, I have 20/20 but i do not meet the uncorrected vision requirement. I rescheduled my medical in order to have lasik before hand but am now finding out I may not be a candidate for lasik. Am I essentially out of luck?

Hey, get PRK! Same thing happened to me. I wasn't a candidate for Lasik but I was good for PRK. Don't worry about it. I had PRK like a week before my medical and so I didn't pass the eye exam part, got a not medically cleared letter and had to wait 3 months to retake my eye test. No big deal. I just cleared everything today. Good luck.

Comment

Is it me or am I mistaken but on this forum, I don't see a lot of Florida bound cbpo. I chose florida for a few reasons. I know that there are a lot of areas that are in need for cbpo, but Florida has many ports, international airports, and stations. What's your input on this? Just wondering
                        Well there were quite a few guys going for Miami here, haven't heard anything from most of them in a while... they just registered asked a few questions and then they were cleared and on the way to FLETC with interims in about 4 months... the only ones that have posted again are those that were not granted interim clearances and are still in the process. As to POE's in Florida, there's MIA (Huge), Miami Sea Port (Huge), Tampa Airport (MED), Orlando (Med) I don't know how Big Port Everglades is or Port Canaveral, there might be a couple more sea ports, and the rest of the Airports are small and likely to not have any vacancies.
                        CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                          WHOO HOO CASS shows that everything is completed today! Now its TSU time.
                          CASS finally updated my medical to show complete today, so it took exactly 4 weeks. I already knew it was complete though, because I got a hold of their phone number last week. The lady I talked to, said CASS is typically only updated once per week. Just waiting on the drug screen now, which I took last Friday.
                          Last edited by NAL06; 01-16-2009, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Has anybody received a TO that applied to the last announcement for El Paso?

Comment

• That is crazy. If you are up to options, look at working for your State Law Enforcement. I do and the money is pretty comparible.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
                                CASS finally updated my medical to show complete today, so it took exactly 4 weeks. I already knew it was complete though, because I got a hold of their phone number last week. The lady I talked to, said CASS is typically only updated once per week. Just waiting on the drug screen now, which I took last Friday.

It took them 1 week to update my medical which is pretty amazing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5131 users online. 227 members and 4904 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X