Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dcc1864 View Post
    Yoda, although I have not seen a NOPA I understand what you are going through. I have been in the process since March 08 and everything has come to a halt since October 08 after the drug test. I hope these investigators realize that these files they are looking at are actually people with families and they are putting lives on hold untill these make up there minds. I've been a cop for ten years now and a State Cop for the past 4.5 years with two BS degrees, what more do they want?

    I'm a March '08 tester also. It's coming up on a year for us. I had my BI interview in late September. Nothing since.
    ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
    Written: 5/15/08
    NOR: 5/20/08
    TO: 10/28/08
    Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
    Fitness: 2/02/09
    BI: 3/15/09
    OB: 4/24
    EOD: 7/27
    FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)


    CBPO Pennsylvania
    Written: 3/15/08
    NOR: 4/2/08
    TO: 5/22/08
    Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
    Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
    VBT: 6/30/08
    Drug Test: 7/10/08
    Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
    Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
    BI submitted: 10/10/08
    TSU: 4/2/09
    Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
    EOD:

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
      I'm a March '08 tester also. It's coming up on a year for us. I had my BI interview in late September. Nothing since.
      We've all heard the horror stories about loosing files, that's my concern. In all reality, the call will probably come when we have given up all hope and not anticipating it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dcc1864 View Post
        We've all heard the horror stories about loosing files, that's my concern. In all reality, the call will probably come when we have given up all hope and not anticipating it.
        More than likely, you know the sayings about grass growing and paint drying...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
          I'm a March '08 tester also. It's coming up on a year for us. I had my BI interview in late September. Nothing since.
          Hey, I feel your pain. It's been 2 months and not a peep from my BI or anyone.
          Last edited by rbakous1; 01-16-2009, 12:33 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
            Hey, I feel your pain. It's been 2 months and not a peep from my BI or anyone.
            Yeah had my BI interview 10-27-08 i believe and havent heard so much as a mouse fart since.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              Yeah had my BI interview 10-27-08 i believe and havent heard so much as a mouse fart since.
              I would be a bit more disappointed if I were in your shoes!... After being granted an "interim" and going through the academy almost all the way through The first time, and now you just sit and wait for them to make a move...
              I know for sure my adjudicator told me that they get pressured into giving out "interims" to certain ports and that's why we see so many getting hired in so little time, and I straight told her that it made no sense to do that when half the time those applicants come up with something later on. I know they toss files aside when something comes along cause mine was tossed a month after I met my investigator, the workload went from that adjudicator to the new one (my current one) and she concentrated on NEW files... She even told me that when it was about to be a year from my interview that they get a bit of pressure to get to work on those so that they don't cancel out and everything has to be started over. It took me a month to get a hold of her initially, then it took me about 2 months of talking to her to finally get my NOPA, I send my response back and all she does is put it aside to do it later!... I was able to talk to her for a couple of weeks after I sent my response in, and it was because of my app change to Florida created some confusion, once that was cleared she never picked up the phone or returned a call when I left her messages.

              For all of you that are waiting on your BI to clear, send me a PM when you get close to the 6 month waiting period since meeting your BI and I'll give you the number to IA. The process itself should only take 3 to 6 months at best, it shouldn't be this long hard road I have had to go through of misplaced files, miscommunication, and irresponsible behavior on their part.

              Thanks to all of you guys that responded to my posting, I just had to post it here so that Future and current applicants see how some cases are handled.
              All in all we keep waiting... that's all we can do!...
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

              Comment


              • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                I would be a bit more disappointed if I were in your shoes!... After being granted an "interim" and going through the academy almost all the way through The first time, and now you just sit and wait for them to make a move...
                I know for sure my adjudicator told me that they get pressured into giving out "interims" to certain ports and that's why we see so many getting hired in so little time, and I straight told her that it made no sense to do that when half the time those applicants come up with something later on. I know they toss files aside when something comes along cause mine was tossed a month after I met my investigator, the workload went from that adjudicator to the new one (my current one) and she concentrated on NEW files... She even told me that when it was about to be a year from my interview that they get a bit of pressure to get to work on those so that they don't cancel out and everything has to be started over. It took me a month to get a hold of her initially, then it took me about 2 months of talking to her to finally get my NOPA, I send my response back and all she does is put it aside to do it later!... I was able to talk to her for a couple of weeks after I sent my response in, and it was because of my app change to Florida created some confusion, once that was cleared she never picked up the phone or returned a call when I left her messages.

                For all of you that are waiting on your BI to clear, send me a PM when you get close to the 6 month waiting period since meeting your BI and I'll give you the number to IA. The process itself should only take 3 to 6 months at best, it shouldn't be this long hard road I have had to go through of misplaced files, miscommunication, and irresponsible behavior on their part.

                Thanks to all of you guys that responded to my posting, I just had to post it here so that Future and current applicants see how some cases are handled.
                All in all we keep waiting... that's all we can do!...
                Well, I just figure there aint much sense in getting mad or overly impatient. It's not going to speed things up, although i wish every once and a while you would at least get some kind of update on your file, but what are you gonna do? In theory i have basically been in this process since Christmas Eve of '06, so try that on for size! Maybe one day we'll all be done with this b.s.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                  Maybe one day we'll all be done with this b.s.
                  LOL... Doesn't hurt to Hope or Wish!...
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                    LOL... Doesn't hurt to Hope or Wish!...
                    Well, in that case, may the force be with you.

                    Comment


                    • Originally Posted by yoda
                      I would be a bit more disappointed if I were in your shoes!... After being granted an "interim" and going through the academy almost all the way through The first time, and now you just sit and wait for them to make a move...
                      I know for sure my adjudicator told me that they get pressured into giving out "interims" to certain ports and that's why we see so many getting hired in so little time, and I straight told her that it made no sense to do that when half the time those applicants come up with something later on. I know they toss files aside when something comes along cause mine was tossed a month after I met my investigator, the workload went from that adjudicator to the new one (my current one) and she concentrated on NEW files... She even told me that when it was about to be a year from my interview that they get a bit of pressure to get to work on those so that they don't cancel out and everything has to be started over. It took me a month to get a hold of her initially, then it took me about 2 months of talking to her to finally get my NOPA, I send my response back and all she does is put it aside to do it later!... I was able to talk to her for a couple of weeks after I sent my response in, and it was because of my app change to Florida created some confusion, once that was cleared she never picked up the phone or returned a call when I left her messages.

                      For all of you that are waiting on your BI to clear, send me a PM when you get close to the 6 month waiting period since meeting your BI and I'll give you the number to IA. The process itself should only take 3 to 6 months at best, it shouldn't be this long hard road I have had to go through of misplaced files, miscommunication, and irresponsible behavior on their part.

                      Thanks to all of you guys that responded to my posting, I just had to post it here so that Future and current applicants see how some cases are handled.
                      All in all we keep waiting... that's all we can do!...
                      Waiting for you background to clear is just like waiting for your lottery ticket numbers to come in :-)
                      I been going through the process since December 28, 2007....Believe it or not my background finally cleared on December 23rd this year CRAZY If Yoda didn't give me the number to IA, I would still be waiting. My scenario was something simple...They had questions regarding my wife’s citizenship; I told them she was born in Japan military base because her dad was stationed there, so she is a US Citizen. My Adujucator says "oh I see.... I'm going to clear you." 7 months to wait for something simple...At least my background is cleared, but with that being said....I had to do my forms again which cleared last week, and now I am just waiting for my GS-7 qualifications, who knows how long that will take.
                      CBPO-Southwest Border, CA
                      Test date 12/07
                      EOD: 3/2/09
                      FLETC 4/7/09 Class 940

                      Comment


                      • random question.. let's say you are working for cbp, you're there over the probation period (make it to gs-11) and you decide to work for another agency (could be any.. let's say ICE or FBI). maybe after a year or a few years you want to go back to cbp, what is the process to go back and do you get to come in as a gs-11 again?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DLA View Post
                          random question.. let's say you are working for cbp, you're there over the probation period (make it to gs-11) and you decide to work for another agency (could be any.. let's say ICE or FBI). maybe after a year or a few years you want to go back to cbp, what is the process to go back and do you get to come in as a gs-11 again?

                          That would depend on the nature of the announcement you applied under to re-enter CBP, and the nature of the job you apply for.

                          If you stay long enough with CBP to have worked a year as a GS-11, you essentially lock yourself into GS-11 status. If the new job allowed for you to come in as an 11, that's what would happen. If it didn't, most likely they'd paymatch at whatever level you came in at...but it would depend. Apply for a job that maxes out at GS-05 and they're likely not to pay you GS-11 money to do it. In that case you'd start out maxed out at 05/10.

                          Comment


                          • I didnt notice cbp has a requirement for uncorrected vision until my medical was scheduled. With contacts, I have 20/20 but i do not meet the uncorrected vision requirement. I rescheduled my medical in order to have lasik before hand but am now finding out I may not be a candidate for lasik. Am I essentially out of luck?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ogonj View Post
                              I didnt notice cbp has a requirement for uncorrected vision until my medical was scheduled. With contacts, I have 20/20 but i do not meet the uncorrected vision requirement. I rescheduled my medical in order to have lasik before hand but am now finding out I may not be a candidate for lasik. Am I essentially out of luck?
                              Hmm....happened to me as well, but rarely ever is a person not a candidate for lasik, have you tried asking for a 2nd opinion..? theres also PRK surgery which is a bit different I believe.

                              My advice, get a 2nd or even 3rd opinion. Because there is no way around the uncorrected vision requirement, they will just tell you that your not suitable.

                              If your anywhere near vancouver, bc, thats where I got mine done, with a great reputable doctor, I can give you his contact info if need be.

                              Comment


                              • I'm not a candidate because of my corneal thickness. It is 450 microns and the first doctor I went to requires at least 500. Tomorrow I am going to get an opinion for prk, but I called ahead of time and was told I am borderline. I should find out tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be a viable option for me, and something I can do soon. I was told the latest I could push back my medical is feb 9. Thanks for the response, I'm nowhere near vancouver though, down in Miami.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 14793 users online. 464 members and 14329 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X