Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    Thanks...
    The problem with trying another agency is that you still have your BI pending here, and if you're ever denied clearance, that would be it for you. You won't be able to apply for any agency for a few years in order to "clear" up whatever issues they had with your person. It is in fact a travesty that we are regarded as another number on someone's desk, and that whenever there is a little bump with the case they toss it aside and move on to the next, without any regards as to how many lives they affect by tossing an applicants file to the side. It's like "hey I got a job, who cares what he/she needs"... but it is what it is I guess, and we just have to take it as it comes.
    Yoda,
    I have not heard your story from the beginning. But it is clear to me that if they are continuing to let you go through this process then somehow they are wrong. I am a gov employee for over 15 years and know how they work. If I had to bet that someone ****ed up my bet would be on them. Hope you get yours and stick it to them. Good Luck!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FOBOPS View Post
      I'll stick it out for the two years and then attempt a transfer to Philly afterwards. No way am I relocating the family back to NY. I'll eat the train time for it.
      That is what I always believed myself. You relocate jobs, not family members. (of course there are some situations that it cant be helped) That is why I am taking a job with a new agency, and not trying to move up in the one we are in FOBOPS.

Comment

I'll stick it out for the two years and then attempt a transfer to Philly afterwards. No way am I relocating the family back to NY. I'll eat the train time for it.
        Thats funny. I'm probably gonna hold out for JFK (and probably set myself back 6 months) in the hopes of not having to relocate my family by leaving New York. To each their own I guess. If only we could just call MHC and tell them we wanted to switch places.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
          Thats funny. I'm probably gonna hold out for JFK (and probably set myself back 6 months) in the hopes of not having to relocate my family by leaving New York. To each their own I guess. If only we could just call MHC and tell them we wanted to switch places.
          That would be great if it was possible. I thought about holding back too but I want to get out of my current agency sooner than later. I'll take two years of commuting over waiting a year or more possibly.
          FORMS / VBT / MED / FIT / DRUG : Completed Feb 09
          PENDING: QUALS / BI (in security office)
          GEO PREF: NYC/JFK

Comment

• All I'm saying is that new vacancy announcement better have openings for JFK in it.

Comment

That would be great if it was possible. I thought about holding back too but I want to get out of my current agency sooner than later. I'll take two years of commuting over waiting a year or more possibly.
              Amen to that!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
                Anyone know the status on Newark N.J.?

TSU: 12/15
                Like co said it'll probably be a while. I went in on 8/8/08 as well. The last hiring round took candidates from mid-June through late July. So even if they get turned down by a lot of folks (which seems unlikely in this economy) you're at least one hiring cycle away from getting in.

Unless of course they pull a Miami and just send everyone in a big rush over a month or so.

I'm just praying they don't hold up hiring as part of the governmental changeover. Afterall 8 AM next Wednesday all the bosses at the top are gonna be different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
                  Like co said it'll probably be a while. I went in on 8/8/08 as well. The last hiring round took candidates from mid-June through late July. So even if they get turned down by a lot of folks (which seems unlikely in this economy) you're at least one hiring cycle away from getting in.

Unless of course they pull a Miami and just send everyone in a big rush over a month or so.

I'm just praying they don't hold up hiring as part of the governmental changeover. Afterall 8 AM next Wednesday all the bosses at the top are gonna be different.
                  Hound,
                  Good to hear from you again. I dont think it has to do with the governmental change. Check this forum. There have been some EOD's handed out recently. It is just the Newark office. Slow going. We will get it soon.

Comment

Give yourself more then 2 years for that there are about 20-30 guys looking to get to Philly from EWR.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      Thanks...
                      The problem with trying another agency is that you still have your BI pending here, and if you're ever denied clearance, that would be it for you. You won't be able to apply for any agency for a few years in order to "clear" up whatever issues they had with your person. It is in fact a travesty that we are regarded as another number on someone's desk, and that whenever there is a little bump with the case they toss it aside and move on to the next, without any regards as to how many lives they affect by tossing an applicants file to the side. It's like "hey I got a job, who cares what he/she needs"... but it is what it is I guess, and we just have to take it as it comes.
                      Yoda, although I have not seen a NOPA I understand what you are going through. I have been in the process since March 08 and everything has come to a halt since October 08 after the drug test. I hope these investigators realize that these files they are looking at are actually people with families and they are putting lives on hold untill these make up there minds. I've been a cop for ten years now and a State Cop for the past 4.5 years with two BS degrees, what more do they want?

Comment

• Hey guys, when you guys get officially hired do they send you a letter with instructions for FLECT and what to do and where to go on the first day of duty? Or is the call from TSU the only notice and instructions you get?

Comment

• Also, anyone know if they are in need of a lot of people for SFO?

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                            Hey guys, when you guys get officially hired do they send you a letter with instructions for FLECT and what to do and where to go on the first day of duty? Or is the call from TSU the only notice and instructions you get?
                            You will receive a packet from TSU and one from your station regarding FLETC and the whole nine yard...

Comment

Also, anyone know if they are in need of a lot of people for SFO?
                              We get a handful of newbies every week it seems...

Comment

Hey guys, when you guys get officially hired do they send you a letter with instructions for FLECT and what to do and where to go on the first day of duty? Or is the call from TSU the only notice and instructions you get?
                                TSU told me what day to show up at the port, when I was going to FLETC, and when I was supposed to graduate. I called the contact TSU gave me at my port and received further instructions about report time and all of that. My co-workers at the port gave me all kinds of tips for success at FLETC. Most, if not all, of the tips can also be found on here. Don't stress about showing up at FLETC it is all made very simple.
                                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12353 users online. 486 members and 11867 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X