Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by co94 View Post
    I agree. I will probably just drive and pay the tolls.
    Merlin, do you know the gym hours in FLETC.
    What's up Hound?
    Driving to JFK daily is a nightmare. From what I gather with a brother in the NYPD, you are allowed free rides on the MTA system as long as you are on official duty.. commuting to/from your precinct/station you are required to pay the fare.

    I don't think CBPO's are any different, uniform or not, there is no real official duty outside your post so you'd be expected to pay the fare and the airtrain's ripoff fare.
    CBPO
    GEO - Vermont
    Written - 07/08
    NOR - 08/08 - 99 (no vets)
    TO - 11/08
    Forms - 11/08 Completed
    VBT - 12/08 Completed
    Fitness / Medical - 12/08 Completed
    Drug Screen - 1/09 Completed
    Background - 02/09 met BIs - 04/09 Completed
    Quals - 05/09 Completed
    TSU - 05/21/09

    Comment


    • Originally posted by co94 View Post
      I agree. I will probably just drive and pay the tolls.
      Merlin, do you know the gym hours in FLETC.
      What's up Hound?


      No.
      Quiet hours are at 2200, if that helps.


      http://www.fletc.gov/

      Comment


      • FOBOPS, I haven't heard of anything with free rides on the trains but I'll keep my fingers crossed you get NYC since I rather have JFK. For me the ride is 20mins depending traffic.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by breadbooze View Post
          I don't think CBPO's are any different, uniform or not, there is no real official duty outside your post so you'd be expected to pay the fare and the airtrain's ripoff fare.

          Depending on what one is doing at the moment, there's plenty of official duties outside the PoE. If that's the case though, one would be driving/riding in a GOV.

          I can't see much likelihood of anybody uniformed and on-duty riding public transit...I suppose it could happen, but that's not what's being talking about here.

          Comment


          • Thanks everyone for answering my question about the transportation issue. The only reason I asked is before I potentiall yspend a few hundred a month, which I'll gladly do, I rather just be sure if it was the case. I don't want anything for free that isn't rightfully so, but it never hurts to ask. Plus, a few hundred a month in public transportation beats the gas & tolls from Jersey. Thanks again.
            _____________________________________
            Test: Sept 08
            NOR: Oct 08 (98 - no vet)
            TO: Dec 08
            FORMS / VBT / MED / FIT / DRUG : Completed Feb 09
            PENDING: QUALS / BI (in security office)
            GEO PREF: NYC/JFK

            Comment


            • Anyone know the status on Newark N.J.?

              TSU: 12/15

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FOBOPS View Post
                Thanks everyone for answering my question about the transportation issue. The only reason I asked is before I potentiall yspend a few hundred a month, which I'll gladly do, I rather just be sure if it was the case. I don't want anything for free that isn't rightfully so, but it never hurts to ask. Plus, a few hundred a month in public transportation beats the gas & tolls from Jersey. Thanks again.
                I'll give ya 6 months before you move to Queens.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                  I'll give ya 6 months before you move to Queens.
                  I'll stick it out for the two years and then attempt a transfer to Philly afterwards. No way am I relocating the family back to NY. I'll eat the train time for it.
                  _____________________________________
                  Test: Sept 08
                  NOR: Oct 08 (98 - no vet)
                  TO: Dec 08
                  FORMS / VBT / MED / FIT / DRUG : Completed Feb 09
                  PENDING: QUALS / BI (in security office)
                  GEO PREF: NYC/JFK

                  Comment


                  • NOPA Update...

                    So,
                    I finally got a hold on the supervising Adjudicator on my case, after calling my initial adjudicator since November to no avail, and get this... My response had not yet been entered in the system!... I faxed and mailed it on Oct 28, was able to speak to the adjudicator a couple of weeks after and then she never picked up or returned calls ever again... I get through to her Supervisor, who has the last word after she submits her report, thinking that it has been quite some time and that my file has to be in the Supervisor's hands by now!.... WRONG!... He called me back, after having a chat with her, and told me they would try to finalize a report in 2 weeks and submit it to the chain of command so that a final determination could be made by the Director (the guy that says YES or NO)... He said when we're done with your file it still has to go through at least 4 other people to get a final determination....
                    I can't believe that they simply left my Response on the desk and not do anything until I got a hold on the supervisor!...
                    BTW
                    They are not allowed to tell the candidates what determination was made... You have to wait until you get Cleared on the system or get a letter in the mail saying you were found unsuitable!... At least he told me to call him at the end of the month to make sure my file was sent out!
                    Last edited by yoda; 01-15-2009, 03:05 PM.
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jflores View Post
                      Anyone know the status on Newark N.J.?

                      TSU: 12/15
                      Newark has been very slow. I think they are just going through a slow period. I know the turn over there is pretty much like anywhere else. I have been in TSU for Newark since 8-8-08. I recently talked to TSU and they insured me that it is going to start moving again real soon. Hopefully they will start to do some mass hirings, like some of these other ports, and we will all get in real soon.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        So,
                        I finally got a hold on the supervising Adjudicator on my case, after calling my initial adjudicator since November to no avail, and get this... My response had not yet been entered in the system!... I faxed and mailed it on Oct 28, was able to speak to the adjudicator a couple of weeks after and then she never picked up or returned calls ever again... I get through to her Supervisor, who has the last word after she submits her report, thinking that it has been quite some time and that my file has to be in the Supervisor's hands by now!.... WRONG!... He called me back, after having a chat with her, and told me they would try to finalize a report in 2 weeks and submit it to the chain of command so that a final determination could be made by the Director (the guy that says YES or NO)... He said when we're done with your file it still has to go through at least 4 other people to get a final determination....
                        I can't believe that they simply left my Response on the desk and not do anything until I got a hold on the supervisor!...
                        BTW
                        They are not allowed to tell the candidates what determination was made... You have to wait until you get Cleared on the system or get a letter in the mail saying you were found unsuitable!... At least he told me to call him at the end of the month to make sure my file was sent out!

                        That sucks man, i've been following your story on these forums. The whole process would just **** me off and make me want to pursue with another agency. I know they have alot of files to deal with and they are busy as hell, but this just seems so negligent and unresponsible...

                        To them its just another file from another random, but these files are our a huge part of our lives to be just taken so lightly.

                        In any case, I hope it works out for you, better late than never.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
                          That sucks man, i've been following your story on these forums. The whole process would just **** me off and make me want to pursue with another agency. I know they have alot of files to deal with and they are busy as hell, but this just seems so negligent and unresponsible...

                          To them its just another file from another random, but these files are our a huge part of our lives to be just taken so lightly.

                          In any case, I hope it works out for you, better late than never.
                          Thanks...
                          The problem with trying another agency is that you still have your BI pending here, and if you're ever denied clearance, that would be it for you. You won't be able to apply for any agency for a few years in order to "clear" up whatever issues they had with your person. It is in fact a travesty that we are regarded as another number on someone's desk, and that whenever there is a little bump with the case they toss it aside and move on to the next, without any regards as to how many lives they affect by tossing an applicants file to the side. It's like "hey I got a job, who cares what he/she needs"... but it is what it is I guess, and we just have to take it as it comes.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

                          Comment


                          • Yoda... man, i'm truely sorry to hear that your having these problems .. i hope this last chat you had with them clears it up for you..

                            Comment


                            • thanks for the info, hopefully we will hear something from the florida area's soon very soon

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by code 09 View Post
                                Keith,

                                I started my BI on 09/08 and all other items were checked, I met with the investigator on Nov08 and still pending. I called on Dec08 to find out and I was told they need lots of people, not sure if they meant in FL or all of the US. What is your status?
                                Took the test on 12/9 in atl and just waiting. I have had a bi, physical, and medical check done last year, since I was going to go to BP but decided that I wanted CBPO instead. Hopefully I can by-pass that and get my TO and VB

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9026 users online. 431 members and 8595 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X