300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Santisomo View Post
    I think you just missed on having that GEO. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they extended the testing in August. I took the test towards the end of the testing period on August 4th and I scheduled it July 22nd. I heard that they had less GEO's available during the time they extended the test. Don't know what else to say, sorry.
    I figured you applied before i did. Thanks for the response.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rolygsx;1593266]How were both of you guys able to get NYC/JFK as your geo preference?
      I tested around August 10-15. And i have been waiting for a vacancy anouncement for either Newark or NYC/JFK. My current GEO preference is PA.
      Everytime i contact the Hiring center they always tell me that Those locations are not available because i applied in july, and that i would have to wait for a vacancy announcement to open.

I was surprised myself. It seems to being going pretty quick... but then again... just because they are scheduling all this out so fast doesn't mean it won't end up all getting done and then sitting on someone's desk for months and months before getting "the call". I hope it comes sooner than later though. My dream timeframe would be to get an EOD in the beginning of April as I'll be a GL 6 step 2 effective March 30th (more room to try to negotiate!), that way I could in effect be in Glynco by sometime in mid May... just found out my wife is due August 30th and that would get me home right before she's due. Only thing that would top that would be to get NYC rather than JFK because it would shave 45 minutes off of my commute.
      FORMS / VBT / MED / FIT / DRUG : Completed Feb 09
      PENDING: QUALS / BI (in security office)
      GEO PREF: NYC/JFK

Comment

• After I got my TO I basically had everything done within a month and a half. Don't worry, you'll end up waiting at some point. I'm waiting for my BI and Quals to clear. I have an extremely clean background and the investigator said he wished he could have hired me, so I'm sure my files are just sitting on someone's desk in a huge pile.

Comment

• Off the cuff question for any takers out there from the NYC area. I have heard rumors / speculation that if IN UNIFORM the NY transit authority (subways, etc) and the Long Island Railroad will let you ride for free. Anyone know anything definitive? This is CBP related... as I'm referring to transporation options to JFK versus straight out driving.
          Last edited by FOBOPS; 01-14-2009, 05:52 PM. Reason: Related question better to CBP info
          FORMS / VBT / MED / FIT / DRUG : Completed Feb 09
          PENDING: QUALS / BI (in security office)

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
            Just mailed my nopa letter today. I received it very quickly. I hope it continues to go quickly.
            Any big deal that concerns you or easily explainable? Also, how long after you applied or met BI did you get a NOPA?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              I gained 4 pounds. I also went from 18 to 11% body fat. Muscle weighs more than fat.

To be honest though I lost about 20 pounds working to get into shape before FLETC.

I could see where a slug gain meaningful weight there. All that free food, the beer and the rest. But you're right, if you can't improve your fitness there, I doubt it'll happen anywhere.
              Merlin,
              I dont party, or really drink. Will be direct depositing all of my money back home for the wife and kids anyway. How is the gym down there? because all i plan on doing is working out like mad.

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                Merlin,
                I dont party, or really drink. Will be direct depositing all of my money back home for the wife and kids anyway. How is the gym down there? because all i plan on doing is working out like mad.
                Depending on your workout style, IMO, the gym is small and can get crowded at times, especially at 1700 hrs. There are a limited number of machines, but overall it's still pretty good, just not "great" like some people hype it up to be.

Comment

• does anybody know when the next CBP announcement and testing will be? I took the test and passed the background check but was never contacted about the video test or interview and was told I have to reapply when it opens again.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironwill727 View Post
                    does anybody know when the next CBP announcement and testing will be? I took the test and passed the background check but was never contacted about the video test or interview and was told I have to reapply when it opens again.
                    1/30/09.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghost_ix View Post
                      Depending on your workout style, IMO, the gym is small and can get crowded at times, especially at 1700 hrs. There are a limited number of machines, but overall it's still pretty good, just not "great" like some people hype it up to be.
                      That is why i like to go really early or really late. do you know what the hours are?

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                        It was issue that happened 9 years ago. I took full responsibility for my conduct then and explained it thoroughly.

Met with my BI nov.25. I got the call on like Dec.17 for an eod jan.5. I got a call 1 week before my eod saying there was a security issue and I could not report. I received my nopa letter 6 days after I received this call.
                        That just goes to show how back asswards the hiring process is. At least you didnt get yanked at fletc, you can clear it up beforehand.
                        Good luck, keep us posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by FOBOPS View Post
                          Off the cuff question for any takers out there from the NYC area. I have heard rumors / speculation that if IN UNIFORM the NY transit authority (subways, etc) and the Long Island Railroad will let you ride for free. Anyone know anything definitive? This is CBP related... as I'm referring to transporation options to JFK versus straight out driving.
                          I've heard of something along these lines...I can't remember if it was DC or NYC.

My advice...STOP! STAY AWAY!

Anyone offering you a free ride is doing so only because they figure that you will be available to take law enforcement action when the need arises.

Do you think CBP wishes you to be enforcing the rules and regulations of public transportation off-duty and in uniform? ANYTHING you do in a CBP uniform is likely to follow you to back to the job. RUN, far away from anything like this.

Comment

• It's not legal to give free rides, at least on NJTransit, I'd be shocked if MetroNorth or LIRR were any different. All you need is one complaint over stupid crap like that and you risk your job for a nine dollar train ticket. Doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
                              It's not legal to give free rides, at least on NJTransit, I'd be shocked if MetroNorth or LIRR were any different. All you need is one complaint over stupid crap like that and you risk your job for a nine dollar train ticket. Doesn't make sense to me.
                              I agree. I will probably just drive and pay the tolls.
                              Merlin, do you know the gym hours in FLETC.
                              What's up Hound?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
                                It's not legal to give free rides, at least on NJTransit, I'd be shocked if MetroNorth or LIRR were any different. All you need is one complaint over stupid crap like that and you risk your job for a nine dollar train ticket. Doesn't make sense to me.
                                It is legal if you are Active Duty Military with ID or in uniform, i'm not sure for Federal employees. I wouldn't chance it since you should not use the uniform for personnal gains.
                                Test: Mar 08
                                NOR: Mar 08
                                TO: JUN 08
                                INTERVIEW: JUL 08 pass
                                MED/FIT: JUL 08 pass
                                DRUG TEST: AUG 08 pass
                                PRE-EMPFORMS: AUG 08 pending document of military service.
                                QUALS: SEP 08 GS-5
                                BI: interview OCT 14th, cleared OCT 22nd
                                TSU: NOV 25th
                                EOD: DEC 15th Had to decline due to Military obligation.
                                Back in the pipline for new EOD.
                                NEW EOD: JAN 20th
                                FLETC: FEB 20th, Class No: CBPI-931

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4762 users online. 195 members and 4567 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X