300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
    Hey did your CASS or job hotline say your medical is cleared? I emailed medical unit and they said my medical is cleared but CASS and job hotline hasn't updated yet.

Nope CASS is way behind.

On CASS:
    Only things pending are BI, Quals, and Medical.

on Hotline:
    Only thing pending is Medical.

Yesterday I called and left a message with the medical unit, my doctor was supposed to send them a letter by DEC. 23rd, So I called them to make sure it had been received. Less than 2 hours later I received a call from the medical unit and they said "You have been cleared medically"

So I guess now I just need to wait for the gears to catch up and everyone involved to realize everything is cleared......

By the way after you are sent to the TSU does it say you have been moved there on the hotline or CASS or do you just find this out after getting "THE CALL" ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaric View Post
      Nope CASS is way behind.

On CASS:
      Only things pending are BI, Quals, and Medical.

on Hotline:
      Only thing pending is Medical.

Yesterday I called and left a message with the medical unit, my doctor was supposed to send them a letter by DEC. 23rd, So I called them to make sure it had been received. Less than 2 hours later I received a call from the medical unit and they said "You have been cleared medically"

So I guess now I just need to wait for the gears to catch up and everyone involved to realize everything is cleared......

By the way after you are sent to the TSU does it say you have been moved there on the hotline or CASS or do you just find this out after getting "THE CALL" ?
      CASS will erase that checklist, and just say you have been referred to TSU

Comment

• I cleared my medical today too - they called me immediately to schedule my fitness test - CASS and the hotline are behind...I cleared my drug test and found out through the hotline but CASS didnt update for three weeks!!

Comment

• Completed the medical / fitness today, which was nice to get done. I have the VBT now next week. All my forms are in. Hopefully the BI won't take that long. Do they take a long time to determine the quals? Also, the "hotline", is it an automated system or live person? Thanks.
          FORMS / VBT / MED / FIT / DRUG : Completed Feb 09
          PENDING: QUALS / BI (in security office)
          GEO PREF: NYC/JFK

Comment

• Originally posted by FOBOPS View Post
            Completed the medical / fitness today, which was nice to get done. I have the VBT now next week. All my forms are in. Hopefully the BI won't take that long. Do they take a long time to determine the quals? Also, the "hotline", is it an automated system or live person? Thanks.
            The hotline is an automated system, a robotic voice version of CASS. Some insist it is faster than the online version, but havent noticed that really. Quals seems to be one of the slowest steps for some people, but never was for me. Maybe because i am ex-military and have worked for cbp before. My quals were like the first thing to show complete.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronHorse0311 View Post
              Solid Snake....What is the email for the medical unit. I am only waiting on my drug test and medical to clear. Thanks

Hey guys, the email and phone number for the medical unit is:

[email protected] and (612) 467 - 7019

Email for the Minneapolis Hiring Center is:

[email protected]

Comment

• 5 months and my qualifications still haven't cleared. I emailed them to find out what was going on and they just said my info hadn't been looked at yet, but I would qualify since I have a master's.

Comment

• CASS had always been ahead of the hotline for me, until just recently it caught up. Now I'm just waiting for the drug screen to clear. Anyone else from Buffalo waiting for "the call?"

Comment

• Quals are usually one of the last things to clear...for a bunch of reasons. One being that sometimes people lie about their work histories and education. Waiting until the BI is done weeds out a lot of that. Also...some people submit quals based on pending qualifications(degrees, work experience, etc), by waiting to the end it gives those folks a chance to catch up and submit final quals at the end of the process.

Quals also tend to be done in bunches, not individually. Meny peaple right whorible rezsumays, ful of missspelings, text speak and other errors. It's easier on the staff to do them by bunches, rather than to try and figure them out on a daily basis.

Comment

• Chamoru,

Wow! One month is super fast...I can only cross my fingers and wish for the quick of a process. Congrats on the process and keep me posted as I'm very interested in the timing for Washington state right now...
                      Test Date: 12/8/08
                      NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
                      TO: 1/30/09-Received
                      Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
                      VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
                      Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
                      Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
                      Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
                      Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
                      BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Just scheduled my Medical and Fitness test for the NYC/JFK Airport GEO. The process seems to be moving rather quickly.

GEO - NYC/JFK Airport
                        Written - 8/03
                        NOR - 8/13 - 90 no Vets
                        TO - 12/24
                        Med/Fit - Scheduled for 1/20
                        VBT - Scheduled for 1/27
                        Drug - ??
                        BI - ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Santisomo View Post
                          Just scheduled my Medical and Fitness test for the NYC/JFK Airport GEO. The process seems to be moving rather quickly.

GEO - NYC/JFK Airport
                          Written - 8/03
                          NOR - 8/13 - 90 no Vets
                          TO - 12/24
                          VBT - Scheduled for 1/27
                          Drug - ??
                          BI - ??
                          Funny, when i got my first t.o. back in '06, it was on Christmas Eve also. I was done and at FLETC by May 24 '07. Hopefully for you, you'll go that fast. Welcome aboard!

Comment

• Originally posted by FOBOPS View Post
                            Completed the medical / fitness today, which was nice to get done. I have the VBT now next week. All my forms are in. Hopefully the BI won't take that long. Do they take a long time to determine the quals? Also, the "hotline", is it an automated system or live person? Thanks.
                            Originally posted by Santisomo View Post
                            Just scheduled my Medical and Fitness test for the NYC/JFK Airport GEO. The process seems to be moving rather quickly.

GEO - NYC/JFK Airport
                            Written - 8/03
                            NOR - 8/13 - 90 no Vets
                            TO - 12/24
                            VBT - Scheduled for 1/27
                            Drug - ??
                            BI - ??

How were both of you guys able to get NYC/JFK as your geo preference?
                            I tested around August 10-15. And i have been waiting for a vacancy anouncement for either Newark or NYC/JFK. My current GEO preference is PA.
                            Everytime i contact the Hiring center they always tell me that Those locations are not available because i applied in july, and that i would have to wait for a vacancy announcement to open.

Here is the email i received from them.

Rolando,

You were sent the following e-mail on September 5, 2008:

You applied on 7/30/08. At that time there were only 22 limited locations available. You may only change your location to one of the 22 listed locations below. If you no longer are interested in any of the locations listed below you may decline the position and wait until the next Nationwide open period and reapply.

Arizona, Maine, Michigan, Montana, North Dakota, East Texas, California (San Francisco/Oakland), California (Los Angeles/Long Beach), California (Calexico/Andrade), California (Southwest border), Washington (all other), Washington (Northern Border), New York (other), Pennsylvania, Virginia, Texas (Presidio), St. Thomas, St. Croix, Florida-Key West, New Mexico (Columbus), Puerto Rico, and Vermont.

As explained previously, you are only eligible to change between one of these 22 listed locations. You can contact us if you are still interested in changing your location, but I have made no changes at this time.

Jenna

CBPO team

Comment

• Originally posted by MP115CO View Post
                              When Did they get picked up for Philly? I've been waiting for a TO from Philly since I tested in July 2008. I scored a 100 with 5 points for being a Veteran I haven't heard anything since getting my NOR.
                              I tested in August. Scored an 88 with no vet points and also have been waiting since lol.

Comment

• I think you just missed on having that GEO. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they extended the testing in August. I took the test towards the end of the testing period on August 4th and I scheduled it July 22nd. I heard that they had less GEO's available during the time they extended the test. Don't know what else to say, sorry.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5048 users online. 227 members and 4821 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X