Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The good thing about the Federal Government is you can ALWAYS appeal the hiring decision. In this case get a lawyer. File the appeal to the MSPB. If they rule they don't have jurisdiction then have your lawyer file another appeal to the Federal court. Someone has jurisdiction. If the MSPB says they do not then it is the court. There is a listing of federal court cases involving back ground investigations and the investigations are treated as "criminal investigation" for no other reason than it might wind up in federal court. Whether you will get the job is not the point right now. If you ever have any intentions of obtaining any federal job that requires a BI you will have to disclose the denial of clearance. Personally I would exhaust all avenues before giving up.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
      Does anyone have any experience with unsuitability determinations? Or anyway to appeal? I've tried the MSPB, but it looks as though they don't have jurisdiction. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Basically DC wrote a report that is so factually incorrect, it's obscene. They basically took everything I said and made it opposite. It's hard to believe. For anyone that still thinks being "totally" honest is the way to go you're wrong. I thought I'd be a good applicant and tell everything I've ever done wrong. That was a mistake. Anything I've ever done wrong was nearly 10 years ago, and none of it illegal. Emabarrasing mostly, but not criminal. So basically I'm a deviant predator because I made out with one girl who was 17 when I was 18, and dated a 17 year old when I was 19. Oh yeah, and I hung out at Disneyland to prey on underage girls. That was my favorite line.

If nobody knows about it, keep your mouth shut. Sorry to be so negative, but I've been jumping through hoops for two f'ing years and then this.

Will, I just PM'd you, reply and I will go in more detail

Comment

• Originally posted by FOBOPS View Post
        Hello Everyone. New to the forum and spent quite a bit of time tring to find answers to my questions before I ask them to all of you, so I hope you don't mind & I'll try to keep them short and sweet. 1. Does anyone know how receptive CBP is in regards to pay (grade/step) matching to other Fed agencies (I'm just about to hit my 6/2 with another Fed LE agency which is on the Gl scale)? 2. My SSBI is not even a year old & completed by OPM, will they redo the entire thing, or adjudicate it off of their standards? 3. Lastly, my TO says New York / JFK. Does that mean strictly JFK or can that mean Manhattan as well? Thank you so much for any info you can provide.
        I am just waiting for EOD. I am leaving as an 08 step 10, Philly locality.
        They matched me as a 07 step 00(00 is a special grade because 07/10 doesnt equal my salary.) They have to match your salary. So if you are a 6/02 then you will probably be about a 05/07. Check the salary table and it will tell you exactly. whater a 6/2 is, it would have to be the GS 5 step that is above that.

Comment

• anyone else waiting for and EOD date for Massachusetts?
          i was referred to TSU on nov 14, 2008

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with unsuitability determinations? Or anyway to appeal? I've tried the MSPB, but it looks as though they don't have jurisdiction. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Basically DC wrote a report that is so factually incorrect, it's obscene. They basically took everything I said and made it opposite. It's hard to believe. For anyone that still thinks being "totally" honest is the way to go you're wrong. I thought I'd be a good applicant and tell everything I've ever done wrong. That was a mistake. Anything I've ever done wrong was nearly 10 years ago, and none of it illegal. Emabarrasing mostly, but not criminal. So basically I'm a deviant predator because I made out with one girl who was 17 when I was 18, and dated a 17 year old when I was 19. Oh yeah, and I hung out at Disneyland to prey on underage girls. That was my favorite line.

If nobody knows about it, keep your mouth shut. Sorry to be so negative, but I've been jumping through hoops for two f'ing years and then this.
            Well you can file an appeal through mspb or through the office of personel management. Word of caution about mspb, good luck with them actually taking jurisdiction over the case. They will double talk you to death and dont do sh** for you unless youve been hired and passed your 2 yr mark. The fine print of the matter is that as a status candidate, you basically get no help or protection from shady practices by the agency. I dont care what they say, this is the way it is. You would be better off writing some big shot in government or something. Out of curiousity, why would a BI ask you about who you made out with 10 years ago and/or why would you offer up this kind of info? Did you get into trouble for this back then?
            Last edited by barnaj; 01-13-2009, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I was found to be unsuitable for employment based solely on criminal associations (family member at my address ordered prescriptions from Canada when I was 15). I hired a lawyer and he sent a certified response – and it was overturned. I strongly recommend that you hire a lawyer. I think it speeds the process up a little bit and shows them that you are serious about getting this job. I have heard of people waiting months or even years for the appeal. I hired a lawyer and mine was overturned and I was EOD'd within a month. (Coincidence?). I know there are people on this forum with almost the exact timeline as me and they were found unsuitable—they are still waiting for their appeal. PM me with any further questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                Yeah, Nj has been real slow. seems like other areas are getting picked up alot quicker. I have friends at my current job that were way behind me and got picked up in Philly already.
                Not necessarily. You may go with us. As I said, I have been keeping in touch with TSU. The info I got was it depends how many that office needs for the next class. So you may be with us. I will pm you.

Comment

• Originally posted by AustrianOak View Post
                  Hey everyone, long time reader new member. I figured I would finally post after lurking in the shadows for so long to wish everyone good luck in the process. I am currently in TSU as of August 08 for a geo pref of NJ. CO94, we have the same timeline but I went into TSU on the 21st so you and Hound77 will go before me but best of luck to you guys and everyone else.
                  Sorry. I was reading my reply and sent reply to myself. But as I said to myself. It depends on how many they need for that office AustrianOak. So you may be with hound and me.. and I will PM you.

Comment

• Mlrtme,

I tested a while back, it was a long process for me... Did you just test?

Comment

• Anyone hear about the hiring process in florida? Is it going slow or fast? Are there plenty of positions?

Comment

• Since there will be a new round of hiring starting on the 1/30, what happens to the people that have already passed and are already in the system? Where are they wanting to fill these positions?

Comment

• Originally posted by keith snelgrove View Post
                          Since there will be a new round of hiring starting on the 1/30, what happens to the people that have already passed and are already in the system? Where are they wanting to fill these positions?
                          They will stay in the process, wherever they are. The new vacancy will be stockpiling new applicants and may or may not be geared toward certain geo. locations.

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                            I am just waiting for EOD. I am leaving as an 08 step 10, Philly locality.
                            They matched me as a 07 step 00(00 is a special grade because 07/10 doesnt equal my salary.) They have to match your salary. So if you are a 6/02 then you will probably be about a 05/07. Check the salary table and it will tell you exactly. whater a 6/2 is, it would have to be the GS 5 step that is above that.

Pay matching is only obligated with regards to federal agencies within the same Department. They can choose grant...or decline pay matching for people coming in from other Departments(Treasury, Justice, Interior, etc.)

Comment

• Originally posted by keith snelgrove View Post
                              Since there will be a new round of hiring starting on the 1/30, what happens to the people that have already passed and are already in the system? Where are they wanting to fill these positions?
                              Anyone who already has a TO isn't likely to see much effect, if any. Those who don't have a TO and are sitting on a low score...might be hurting. There will be a whole new pile of higher test scores dumped on top of them.

As far as where they're filling positions...pretty much everywhere. It's business as usual, nearly every location is looking for bodies.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                Anyone who already has a TO isn't likely to see much effect, if any. Those who don't have a TO and are sitting on a low score...might be hurting. There will be a whole new pile of higher test scores dumped on top of them.

As far as where they're filling positions...pretty much everywhere. It's business as usual, nearly every location is looking for bodies.
                                is an 89 a low score?
                                i also speak a second language

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7437 users online. 267 members and 7170 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X