300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
    How early are you issued these "smurfs", and the other uni's?
    Smurfs are issued on day 1. you have to be fitted for your real uniform. They will come 10-12 weeks down the road.
    Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
      Who is waiting to be sent to TSU or an EOD for the SFO?
      Me.
      Patience is a virtue

Comment

• Does anyone have any experience with unsuitability determinations? Or anyway to appeal? I've tried the MSPB, but it looks as though they don't have jurisdiction. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Basically DC wrote a report that is so factually incorrect, it's obscene. They basically took everything I said and made it opposite. It's hard to believe. For anyone that still thinks being "totally" honest is the way to go you're wrong. I thought I'd be a good applicant and tell everything I've ever done wrong. That was a mistake. Anything I've ever done wrong was nearly 10 years ago, and none of it illegal. Emabarrasing mostly, but not criminal. So basically I'm a deviant predator because I made out with one girl who was 17 when I was 18, and dated a 17 year old when I was 19. Oh yeah, and I hung out at Disneyland to prey on underage girls. That was my favorite line.

If nobody knows about it, keep your mouth shut. Sorry to be so negative, but I've been jumping through hoops for two f'ing years and then this.
        ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
        Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
        March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
        July 09 Oral Board
        Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
        Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
          Smurfs are issued on day 1. you have to be fitted for your real uniform. They will come 10-12 weeks down the road.
          I just graduated from FLETC and I am not sure when you were there last but they started issuing the real uniform in about 4 weeks. They also have started issuing body armor in that time too so that the students can wear it all through training. As for the equipment, all mine was brand new (duty belt, baton, all holsters, etc...)

Comment

• Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
            I just graduated from FLETC and I am not sure when you were there last but they started issuing the real uniform in about 4 weeks. They also have started issuing body armor in that time too so that the students can wear it all through training. As for the equipment, all mine was brand new (duty belt, baton, all holsters, etc...)

Wow, things are really starting to speed up. We weren't issued body armor until about a week before graduation.
            Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
              Does anyone have any experience with unsuitability determinations? Or anyway to appeal? I've tried the MSPB, but it looks as though they don't have jurisdiction. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Basically DC wrote a report that is so factually incorrect, it's obscene. They basically took everything I said and made it opposite. It's hard to believe. For anyone that still thinks being "totally" honest is the way to go you're wrong. I thought I'd be a good applicant and tell everything I've ever done wrong. That was a mistake. Anything I've ever done wrong was nearly 10 years ago, and none of it illegal. Emabarrasing mostly, but not criminal. So basically I'm a deviant predator because I made out with one girl who was 17 when I was 18, and dated a 17 year old when I was 19. Oh yeah, and I hung out at Disneyland to prey on underage girls. That was my favorite line.

If nobody knows about it, keep your mouth shut. Sorry to be so negative, but I've been jumping through hoops for two f'ing years and then this.
              There's a guy on here with the screen name YODA and he's in a similar situation, ironically he's from Cali too. Must be something in the water out there He can help you out.

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                There's a guy on here with the screen name YODA and he's in a similar situation, ironically he's from Cali too. Must be something in the water out there He can help you out.

Thanks. Yoda and I have been here for a while, and we've been in touch. Merlin's been a huge help also. I haven't posted in a long time, and just wanted to see if there was anyone new that might have any insight.
                ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                July 09 Oral Board
                Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

Thanks. Yoda and I have been here for a while, and we've been in touch. Merlin's been a huge help also. I haven't posted in a long time, and just wanted to see if there was anyone new that might have any insight.
                  I don't have any experience with unsuitability determinations (hopefully I will not) but something I would like to point out that might cheer you up is that there still is hope. You are fortunate that you will have an opportunity to address your unsuitability determination, unlike the vast majority of LE agencies that won't give you that opportunity once they disqualify you. Many won't even tell you why, at least in AZ that's the case. My advice you you is to address each and every criteria that you failed to met with documented or verifiable mitigating actions on you part. (i.e. how you have learned, grown, educated, ect) I would like to emphasize that it should be documented or otherwise verifiable, you word and a nice story on a piece of paper won't likely be enough. Do your best to provide something concrete like a certificate of some sort or some record of advancement.

Good Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chamoru View Post
                    Hey just wanted to know if anyone is where i'm at in Washington. I got sent to scheduling on jan 5 for the Seattle Tacoma area.
                    I've got the same geo-pref, but I just tested Dec. 8, so it'll be a little while.

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                      I don't have any experience with unsuitability determinations (hopefully I will not) but something I would like to point out that might cheer you up is that there still is hope. You are fortunate that you will have an opportunity to address your unsuitability determination, unlike the vast majority of LE agencies that won't give you that opportunity once they disqualify you. Many won't even tell you why, at least in AZ that's the case. My advice you you is to address each and every criteria that you failed to met with documented or verifiable mitigating actions on you part. (i.e. how you have learned, grown, educated, ect) I would like to emphasize that it should be documented or otherwise verifiable, you word and a nice story on a piece of paper won't likely be enough. Do your best to provide something concrete like a certificate of some sort or some record of advancement.

Good Luck.
                      He's beyond the NOPA point, he was found unsuitable after his response and he's trying to appeal that determination based on the report he was able to obtain. Will was the one that helped me to get in touch with IA, if it weren't for him I would probably still be a "lost" file!... He's asking what the options are trying to go beyond the OPM determination of unsuitability, based on the report from the Adjudicator that mischaracterized some aspects of him as a person and painted him as a social deviant that should not work for CBP. I'm not originally from California, so if it's in the water it is for the Investigators!...
                      In my case,
                      I have lived a full and interesting life and I have lived in many places! I don't drink or use drugs, I quit smoking back when they began Interviewing my contacts over a year ago (before I met my investigator), I only owe a couple of thousand to a bank, never been in trouble with the law, and have had my fair share of traffic violations in my life (just like everyone else, nothing excessive)... yet here I am still waiting...
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        He's beyond the NOPA point, he was found unsuitable after his response and he's trying to appeal that determination based on the report he was able to obtain. Will was the one that helped me to get in touch with IA, if it weren't for him I would probably still be a "lost" file!... He's asking what the options are trying to go beyond the OPM determination of unsuitability, based on the report from the Adjudicator that mischaracterized some aspects of him as a person and painted him as a social deviant that should not work for CBP. I'm not originally from California, so if it's in the water it is for the Investigators!...
                        In my case,
                        I have lived a full and interesting life and I have lived in many places! I don't drink or use drugs, I quit smoking back when they began Interviewing my contacts over a year ago (before I met my investigator), I only owe a couple of thousand to a bank, never been in trouble with the law, and have had my fair share of traffic violations in my life (just like everyone else, nothing excessive)... yet here I am still waiting...
                        Let me get this straight, he applied and got to the BI then was found unsuitable via a NOPA, he replied to the NOPA and their decision was upheld, now he's trying to fight the denial of is appeal with another appeal? Am I understanding his situation correctly?

If that's the case I would suggest to move on and find another agency. His chances are about as slim as humanly possible for this job. OPM is the HR of the federal Govt and I don't know of any jobs public or private in which you can skate around HR and get hired.
                        Last edited by rbakous1; 01-13-2009, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with unsuitability determinations? Or anyway to appeal? I've tried the MSPB, but it looks as though they don't have jurisdiction. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Did DC refused you based primarily on these incidents alone?
                          Last edited by Bizzy930; 01-13-2009, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Sorry, I know you said to keep mouth shut if I don't know anything. But I am just very curious as to why making out with a girl would've came up during the BI? You might be able to argue that your private sexual life has nothing to do with the job?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              Well i cant speak for everyone in Michigan, but myself and a couple guys i talk to have a simliar timeline. Met with BI in October/Novemeber and everything else is completed, just waiting to get into to TSU.
                              i also have pretty much the same timeline for michigan. its very hard to stay patient.

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                                Sorry, I know you said to keep mouth shut if I don't know anything. But I am just very curious as to why making out with a girl would've came up during the BI? You might be able to argue that your private sexual life has nothing to do with the job?
                                Sexual Behavior is noted on the Adjudication guidelines, but it is for purposes of deviant sexual practices that may lead to extortion and so on... it shouldn't be for something like making out with a 17 year old when you were 18/19!... IMO.
                                Traffic Violations- if you have lots of tickets it shows them you have contempt for the law.
                                Bad Credit- shows them you're irresponsible.
                                Owing lots of money- shows them you're susceptible to bribes to get out of money problems.
                                and so on, and so on...

The problem with this whole process is the inconsistency/irregularity of it all... I mean, they've had my NOPA response almost the same amount of time it's taken some new candidates here to go from taking the test to getting the call, and yet here I am still waiting!...
                                The guidelines are open to the interpretation of the initial adjudicator and then the supervisor, and all of it stems from the written report of the interview...
                                If Law Enforcement is what he wants as a career, then I'd say fight it till the end...
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11463 users online. 414 members and 11049 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X