300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AustrianOak View Post
    Hey everyone, long time reader new member. I figured I would finally post after lurking in the shadows for so long to wish everyone good luck in the process. I am currently in TSU as of August 08 for a geo pref of NJ. CO94, we have the same timeline but I went into TSU on the 21st so you and Hound77 will go before me but best of luck to you guys and everyone else.
    Yeah, Nj has been real slow. seems like other areas are getting picked up alot quicker. I have friends at my current job that were way behind me and got picked up in Philly already.

Comment

• Vermont?

Originally posted by breadbooze View Post
      Just wondering if anyone else out there's progression through this is similar to mine. Took the written in 7/08 with a 99 NOR for Vermont, then received a TO in 11/08. Completed and returned paperwork 12/08, did the VBT, medical, and fitness tests. CASS shows VBT completed, everything else is still pending, but my case in the security office for the BI? Seems out of order. Also still waiting to be drug tested and meeting with the BI. Guess it's just a hurry up and wait game?
      I tested in July/August and received an 88. I thought my score was at least competitive. What could the scenario be?

- Small amount of candidates picked scores 100 down
      - Still going down the list

I thought I would have at least received a TO by now; it has been 6 months since I tested.
      Last edited by juststartedthis; 01-12-2009, 07:10 PM.
      ICE SA
      FLETC - MAY 10th Class

Comment

• Originally posted by FOBOPS View Post
        Thanks to all who answered my questions. Moving from BOP to CBP is worth potentially losing some money on the frontside due to the quicker promotion (GS-11 takes forever in the BOP), plus I'll be going from the PHL locality to NY locality which makes up from going from GL to GS pay scale. Manhattan would be nice, but JFK isn't that much further by train.
        Where are you in the BOP?
        Sounds like we are making the same move

Comment

• TSU Washington non border

Hey just wanted to know if anyone is where i'm at in Washington. I got sent to scheduling on jan 5 for the Seattle Tacoma area.

Comment

• Merlin

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Much like the current 'crackhouses' aren't the real 'crackhouses', the current 'smurfs' aren't the real 'smurfs'. Go figure.

Hopefully the chicken never changes.

Hey Merlin

Been assigned to the crackhouses, the old dorms, the new dorms, off site but dang, never the Taj. Hopefully the Taj this time. I have been a smurf but love coming back to FLETC in regular clothes. I too hope the chicken never changes. The best part of FLETC dining, wondering if the animal that is walking at the back entrance will be dinner the next night.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
              Wait a sec. You tested in September and got a TO for JFK. I've been waiting for JFK to open up since July and keep getting told its not an option. WTF?
              Yeah, I was suprised, it's not like they took into consideration my federal standing. I just found out today that VBT is in this month too. It feels like they are rushing the process. Only if they took into consideration my current SSBI with DOJ...
              FORMS / VBT / MED / FIT / DRUG : Completed Feb 09
              PENDING: QUALS / BI (in security office)
              GEO PREF: NYC/JFK

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                You get everything at FLETC. Boots, uniforms and the like. Your gear will somewhat differ depending where you are gonna be stationed. For example if youre from michigan you get the winter coat, but not if your from miami. If you want the bdu style though, you gotta order that seperate with your vf solutions account. You get your baton and that when you qualify. The firearm is the same one you use all through fletc and they overnight it to your POE when you graduate.
                So your practically issued all new gear and not hand me downs on everything? Thanks

Comment

• Thx for the update on the new opening! I think I'm applying this time. My reserve sheriffs academy start date is still in flux so . . .

Thanks
                  Focused Recruit

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBonk112 View Post
                    I'm in the same position as you. I'm still waiting on my BI and qualifications. Could it possibly be due to our geography on the western half of the US? I received a TO for Hawaii and I noticed you got one for LAX. Just a theory...
                    Both of mine are still pending also.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                      So your practically issued all new gear and not hand me downs on everything? Thanks
                      The smurfs is hand me down garbage that you give back, your uniforms are new and yours to keep.

Comment

• How early are you issued these "smurfs", and the other uni's? On a separate note, does anyone have the number to contact MHC?
                        Last edited by NAL06; 01-12-2009, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Who is waiting to be sent to TSU or an EOD for the SFO?

Comment

• Chamoru,

I'm living in Seattle waiting for a T.O. When did you test? Where did they offer you?
                            Test Date: 12/8/08
                            NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
                            TO: 1/30/09-Received
                            Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
                            VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
                            Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
                            Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
                            Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
                            Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
                            BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                              Who is waiting to be sent to TSU or an EOD for the SFO?
                              Right here Man, Oakland Hopefully. I like to be outside and not so much stuck indoors like the Airport. I think seeing hot woman walking around the airport all day would impead on my job.....Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                                Most likely. Maybe not.

My "Marie" came to me secondhand, as did my baton. Occasionally the duty belts come slightly used, especially if you need a trade-in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5381 users online. 289 members and 5092 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X