Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost done, why not use a regular hair cutter(non razor blade)? Atleast it wont give you any bumps? All you would have to do is go over it every 2-3 days. It may not be as entirely butter smooth as a razor blade but from 3 feet away you wont even notice any hair.
    Last edited by E3CSHARP; 01-12-2009, 02:13 AM.
    Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by E3CSHARP View Post
      Almost done, why not use a regular hair cutter(non razor blade)? Atleast it wont give you any bumps? All you would have to do is go over it every 2-3 days. It may not be as entirely butter smooth as a razor blade but it from 3 feet away you want even notice any hair.
      That would be the avenue im gonna have to take if the waiver doesn't work. Thanks for the heads up though.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
        Does anyone know the details on the grooming standards at FLETC? As far as shaving and facial hair go?

My problem is that I have really sensitive skin, especially around the neck area, and if I shave more than once a week it gets really cut up (starts bleeding etc.) and irritated. If I got a doctors note would that allow me to bypass the standard (if there is one?).
        I can't speak for FLETC. CBP does have a facial grooming standard; the union is currently fighting it...and mostly winning.

If you were a current officer, you'd probably get by with the doctor's note listing the medical reason(s) you shouldn't shave. I'd give it a go as far as FLETC's concerned.

Play it smart though, keep whatever you're growing kempt, ruly and socially moderate.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyone2go View Post
          If background is clear, I think it should be no more than a month or two. Medical doesn't take that long. I know I had to send additional info from my physician and it took like 2-3 weeks after that. Drug test was the fastest, took like 1-2 weeks. I'm waiting for qualifications and background.
          I'm in the same position as you. I'm still waiting on my BI and qualifications. Could it possibly be due to our geography on the western half of the US? I received a TO for Hawaii and I noticed you got one for LAX. Just a theory...
          CBPO- Hawaii
          Written: 07/31/08
          TO: 09/23/08
          Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
          Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
          Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
          Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
          VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
          BI: Completed (2/19/09)
          Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
          Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
          TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBonk112 View Post
            I'm in the same position as you. I'm still waiting on my BI and qualifications. Could it possibly be due to our geography on the western half of the US? I received a TO for Hawaii and I noticed you got one for LAX. Just a theory...

My friend who applied and tested the same time as me already got an EOD date of Jan 20 at LB port. I messed with the e-qip and was set back 3 weeks. Hopefully everything will clear and I get an EOD soon.....
            CBPO
            Written: 08/18/08
            NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
            TO: 09/23/08
            Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
            Medical: Completed 12/08
            Drug Test: Completed 11/08
            Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
            VBT: Completed 11/08
            BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
            Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
            3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

• Hound 77, you still out there? Anyone else from the Jersey geo still waiting? Just came back from the Poconos. needed a weekend away from all this. Left Thursday, so you know the first thing I did was check Friday's messages. Everything completed, and still no call. I am assured by the MHC that I will be next round, but it has been so long already, thus the impatience. Completed everything in August and have been keeping in touch with them ever since. They havent lied to me. He was basically letting me know how much closer I was each step of the way. Now last week he told me the next time Newark calls people I will be in that round. Problem is that office hasnt called anyone in a while. Anyone else in Newark?

Comment

• florida or the northern border

Hopefully someone can help answer this question. I recently took the cbpo test in december 08 and passed. I know the process of getting on, but my georgraphical area is florida. I have been pondering whether I need to switch that to a northern border state or just wait it out. Is there a heavy need for cbpo in Florida, and how often do they have a hiring blitz down there? Or would it be quicker to get on with a new geographical area, like a northern border state like Washington?

Comment

• Anyone take the cbpo test in atlanta in december? Have you heard any news?

Comment

• Originally posted by keith snelgrove View Post
                    Hopefully someone can help answer this question. I recently took the cbpo test in december 08 and passed. I know the process of getting on, but my georgraphical area is florida. I have been pondering whether I need to switch that to a northern border state or just wait it out. Is there a heavy need for cbpo in Florida, and how often do they have a hiring blitz down there? Or would it be quicker to get on with a new geographical area, like a northern border state like Washington?
                    Friend of mine switched to avoid a 2 hour drive as opposed to a 30 minute drive. He was basically done with his process in the one geo and when he switched they made him start over, and the process has been very long and drawn out. If you really want to switch, now would be the time to do it, before they get too deep into the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by keith snelgrove View Post
                      If you're looking for the likely quickest route...sign up for Border Patrol.

What did you score on the test? Just about any place will run at roughly the same speed if you scored high enough on the test.

If you're looking 'quick' within CBP/OFO, try Montana, Alaska, North Dakota. Eastern, WA and Maine aren't bad bets either.

Truthfully, unless you're sitting on a low score and looking for away to break in, moving anywhere probably won't buy you more than a few months toward an earlier EOD.

Comment

• List of Florida ports...

Anyplace that says 'user fee' likely is quite small...anyplace saying 'service port' is likely fairly large.
                        Florida
                        - Cape Canaveral

- Daytona Beach-(User Fee Airport)

- Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale

- Fernandina Beach

- Fort Myers

- Area Port of Jacksonville-(Service Port)

- Key West

- Leesburg-(User Fee Airport)

- Melbourne-(User Fee Airport)

- Miami Seaport

- Miami International Airport-(Service Port)

- Orlando Executive Airport-(User Fee Airport)

- Area Port of Orlando-(Service Port)

- Panama City

- Pensacola, Florida

- Port Manatee

- Sanford

- Sarasota-(User Fee Airport)

- St. Petersburg

- Area Port of Tampa-(Service Port)

- West Palm Beach

Comment

• Originally posted by Jkoves View Post
                          Checked CASS and I'm not coming up fpr BPA or CBPO. I'll call MHC tommarrow and post a reply with what I find out.. Thanks for the reply
                          Hello all, I checked with MHC today about the double investigation requests in e-QIP and found out that it was a screw up on thier part. I was hoping it meant that a TO was coming for a CBPO position but I'm not that lucky. I'll be 37 in a few months, so BPA may be the only choice. I've already started the BPA process. From what I've been told the BI is exactly the same and can be used for either BPA or CBPO. So, if someday that magical TO for CBPO shows up I'll be that much ahead. If not, I guess I'll get my butt kicked down in NM (BPA Training) for a few months.

Merlin, I believe your in North Dakota. Do you have any insight as to trainees heading your way?

Has anyone received a TO for North Dakota recently?

Comment

• Just wondering if anyone else out there's progression through this is similar to mine. Took the written in 7/08 with a 99 NOR for Vermont, then received a TO in 11/08. Completed and returned paperwork 12/08, did the VBT, medical, and fitness tests. CASS shows VBT completed, everything else is still pending, but my case in the security office for the BI? Seems out of order. Also still waiting to be drug tested and meeting with the BI. Guess it's just a hurry up and wait game?
                            CBPO
                            GEO - Vermont
                            Written - 07/08
                            NOR - 08/08 - 99 (no vets)
                            TO - 11/08
                            Forms - 11/08 Completed
                            VBT - 12/08 Completed
                            Fitness / Medical - 12/08 Completed
                            Drug Screen - 1/09 Completed
                            Background - 02/09 met BIs - 04/09 Completed
                            Quals - 05/09 Completed
                            TSU - 05/21/09

Comment

• -------------------------------------------
                              Last edited by Flyer13; 01-12-2009, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• double post,sorry
                                Last edited by Flyer13; 01-12-2009, 01:13 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9203 users online. 307 members and 8896 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X