300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jkoves View Post
    Hello all, I lwent into e-Qip for the first time to start the background for BPA and found two investigation requests with seperate numbers. I've been waiting for a TO as a CBPO for ND, I'm thinking either a TO is coming for the CBPO position or they just screwed up. Any thoughts? I'll call MHC on Monday to find out for sure... Just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else.
    I would think youre getting a t.o. Check and see if youre in CASS for cbpo.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronHorse0311 View Post
      Just out of curiosity, what are "smurfs" ? Does anyone have any pictures of the uniforms, etc?? Is there a dress uniform? What kind of cover do they wear?
      Smurfs are just a cheapo version of a cbp uniform that you were at fletc when you do "dirty" things, like going to the range, arrest techniques etc. They are recycled so you'd be wearing a set that someone probably wore at fletc 5 yrs ago. You get a dress uniform for graduation, and you can wear the cbp ball cap with your uniform

Comment

• I don't believe new hires are wearing 'smurfs' any more, at least not CBPO's.

These are true 'smurfs'.

Comment

• They look so cute
          CBPO Timeline
          Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
          NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
          Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
          Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
          Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
          BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
          Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
          The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
          EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
          FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
          Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Yeah...they look so smurfy in those smurftastic shirts.

Comment

• Nope the current smurfs are all dark blue.
              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Much like the current 'crackhouses' aren't the real 'crackhouses', the current 'smurfs' aren't the real 'smurfs'. Go figure.

Hopefully the chicken never changes.

Comment

• LOL the chicken will be forever!! It's the FLETC mascot.
                  Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Any one else waiting for the call for training from SLC?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      I would think youre getting a t.o. Check and see if youre in CASS for cbpo.
                      Checked CASS and I'm not coming up fpr BPA or CBPO. I'll call MHC tommarrow and post a reply with what I find out.. Thanks for the reply

Comment

• For those of you who recently got the call. Everything but my medical and drug test have cleared. Only took medical right before Christmas. I called MHC and they said it takes at least three - four weeks to clear. I took my drug test last Tuesday and I assume that will clear either this week or next. I have my TO for New York other.

I have 2 questions:

1.) Does anyone have any insight as to how soon I may receive the call? It seems like they have been calling like crazy recently.

2.) Would it be off base to ask if there are any openings in the Buffalo sector if and when they do call? It is not what I applied for, but is it worth asking?

Thanks everyone!!

Oh yeah...Does anyone have any pics of the dress uniform and winter uniform CBPO's wear?

Comment

For those of you who recently got the call. Everything but my medical and drug test have cleared. Only took medical right before Christmas. I called MHC and they said it takes at least three - four weeks to clear. I took my drug test last Tuesday and I assume that will clear either this week or next. I have my TO for New York other.

I have 2 questions:

1.) Does anyone have any insight as to how soon I may receive the call? It seems like they have been calling like crazy recently.

2.) Would it be off base to ask if there are any openings in the Buffalo sector if and when they do call? It is not what I applied for, but is it worth asking?

Thanks everyone!!

Oh yeah...Does anyone have any pics of the dress uniform and winter uniform CBPO's wear?
                          Strangely, I had to take two drug test about a few weeks apart. I think they were trying to test me...

Comment

For those of you who recently got the call. Everything but my medical and drug test have cleared. Only took medical right before Christmas. I called MHC and they said it takes at least three - four weeks to clear. I took my drug test last Tuesday and I assume that will clear either this week or next. I have my TO for New York other.

I have 2 questions:

Thanks everyone!!

If background is clear, I think it should be no more than a month or two. Medical doesn't take that long. I know I had to send additional info from my physician and it took like 2-3 weeks after that. Drug test was the fastest, took like 1-2 weeks. I'm waiting for qualifications and background.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/18/08
                            NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
                            TO: 09/23/08
                            Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
                            Medical: Completed 12/08
                            Drug Test: Completed 11/08
                            Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
                            VBT: Completed 11/08
                            BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
                            Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
                            3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

• Grooming standards at FLETC

Does anyone know the details on the grooming standards at FLETC? As far as shaving and facial hair go?

My problem is that I have really sensitive skin, especially around the neck area, and if I shave more than once a week it gets really cut up (starts bleeding etc.) and irritated. If I got a doctors note would that allow me to bypass the standard (if there is one?).

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
                                Does anyone know the details on the grooming standards at FLETC? As far as shaving and facial hair go?

My problem is that I have really sensitive skin, especially around the neck area, and if I shave more than once a week it gets really cut up (starts bleeding etc.) and irritated. If I got a doctors note would that allow me to bypass the standard (if there is one?).
                                Yes there are standards and facial hair is a no go. Not sure about the doctors note/waiver deal.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8212 users online. 428 members and 7784 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X