Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any word yet on when the next open period will be for applying?

Comment

• Originally posted by slami View Post
      Is there any word yet on when the next open period will be for applying?
      You just gotta keep checking usajobs or cbp.gov, im guessing march time frame give or take.

Comment

• Is anyone here who took the OPM written test in December from South Florida?
        Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dreCBPONYC08 View Post
          Just got the call for NYC/JFK EOD: Jan 20th, FLETC: Feb 20th.
          Congrats!!

Are you sure your FLETC date isn't Feb 19th? I have the same EOD date as you and start FLETC Feb 19th class 930. Just wondering...

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            Yeah thats all great reading, but they drag their feet regardless of what the statistics say. Thanks for the info though!
            Tell me about it, I'm waiting on my BI as well to complete on CASS. Investigator turned everything in on November 26. I have a great job currently but look foward to a bigger and brighter future with CBP, and hopefully at the Oakland Port.

Comment

• Originally posted by furrball409 View Post
              Congrats!!

Are you sure your FLETC date isn't Feb 19th? I have the same EOD date as you and start FLETC Feb 19th class 930. Just wondering...
              It is not uncommon to have two different classes start the same week... Congrats BTW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
                It is not uncommon to have two different classes start the same week... Congrats BTW.
                I have heard they do, just wouldn't expect them to be that close. Thanks, and congrats to you as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by furrball409 View Post
                  Congrats!!

Thank you,
                  Yea Feb 20th i'll know what class on Wednesday.
                  Test: Mar 08
                  NOR: Mar 08
                  TO: JUN 08
                  INTERVIEW: JUL 08 pass
                  MED/FIT: JUL 08 pass
                  DRUG TEST: AUG 08 pass
                  PRE-EMPFORMS: AUG 08 pending document of military service.
                  QUALS: SEP 08 GS-5
                  BI: interview OCT 14th, cleared OCT 22nd
                  GEO PREF: NYC/JFK
                  TSU: NOV 25th
                  EOD: DEC 15th Had to decline due to Military obligation.
                  Back in the pipline for new EOD.
                  NEW EOD: JAN 20th
                  FLETC: FEB 20th, Class No: CBPI-931

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
                    Do you guys think the slow down in the economy has anything to do with the recent slow down of people passing the backrounds and/or getting the "call"?

Less job openings, less cbp's leaving their jobs in fears of not finding another one?

Just a thought.
                    The positions they're looking to fill today probably were vacated in 07-early 08. Check back in a about a year for whatever effects the slowdown caused.

Who leaves a job without first lining up another? Pretty risky planning, if you ask me.

Comment

• Question, since I couldn't find it in the search this thread. Do you get all your issued gear including your firearm at FLETC, or once you get to your working location? I'm guessing your actual working loctation. Right? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                        Question, since I couldn't find it in the search this thread. Do you get all your issued gear including your firearm at FLETC, or once you get to your working location? I'm guessing your actual working loctation. Right? Thanks
                        I believe you get it sometime during the academy, because you have to get used to the weapon. Training etc. and then they ship it to your port and its ready for you on your first day.

I could be way off, but I think thats how it works.

Comment

Question, since I couldn't find it in the search this thread. Do you get all your issued gear including your firearm at FLETC, or once you get to your working location? I'm guessing your actual working loctation. Right? Thanks
                          Once you get to FLETC you'll get your uniform allowance and you'll be able to order your stuff. Your weapon is assigned to you and once you graduate it is shipped to your port. You'll be using the "smurfs" uniforms for the first few weeks while your gear is sent in, I believe that's how it goes... from what I've been told!...
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

You get everything at FLETC. Boots, uniforms and the like. Your gear will somewhat differ depending where you are gonna be stationed. For example if youre from michigan you get the winter coat, but not if your from miami. If you want the bdu style though, you gotta order that seperate with your vf solutions account. You get your baton and that when you qualify. The firearm is the same one you use all through fletc and they overnight it to your POE when you graduate.

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, what are "smurfs" ? Does anyone have any pictures of the uniforms, etc?? Is there a dress uniform? What kind of cover do they wear?

Comment

• Hello all, I lwent into e-Qip for the first time to start the background for BPA and found two investigation requests with seperate numbers. I've been waiting for a TO as a CBPO for ND, I'm thinking either a TO is coming for the CBPO position or they just screwed up. Any thoughts? I'll call MHC on Monday to find out for sure... Just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6741 users online. 361 members and 6380 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X