Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by flyone2go View Post
    Does anyone here still has Qualifications pending? I've submitted everything when I got the TO. Does it clear after BI? I emailed MHC and I got a generic response.

    are you from so-cal? my quals and BI are also still pending. i didnt think it would be hard to look over my education and transcripts to figure out my gs level.

    Comment


    • Anxious, anxious, anxious!

      My husband took the written test in August 2008 (Detroit, Michigan)

      Everything has cleared in CASS except the BI - which is making me totally crazy!! He met with the BI in early November 08....and I've stalked the website everyday since!!!

      This process has moved much more quickly than we were told to expect it too, but it's hard not to get excited when it's flying by....and now we wait!

      If anybody has any information on Detroit hiring - I'm totally interested!!!!

      Thanks!! Julie

      Timeline not exact, but will give you an idea:
      Written test taken: 08/08
      Pre-Employment Forms:9/08
      Qualifications:11/08
      Medical Exam:11/08
      Structured Interview:12/08
      Drug Screening:11/08
      Background Investigation: Pending (ahh!!)
      Fitness:10/08

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JulieGerst78 View Post
        My husband took the written test in August 2008 (Detroit, Michigan)

        Everything has cleared in CASS except the BI - which is making me totally crazy!! He met with the BI in early November 08....and I've stalked the website everyday since!!!

        This process has moved much more quickly than we were told to expect it too, but it's hard not to get excited when it's flying by....and now we wait!

        If anybody has any information on Detroit hiring - I'm totally interested!!!!

        Thanks!! Julie


        Well i cant speak for everyone in Michigan, but myself and a couple guys i talk to have a simliar timeline. Met with BI in October/Novemeber and everything else is completed, just waiting to get into to TSU.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
          http://www.opm.gov/News_Events/congr...02_13_2008.asp

          Just some extra info on Backgrounds
          Yeah thats all great reading, but they drag their feet regardless of what the statistics say. Thanks for the info though!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by primetime24 View Post
            Same timeframe for me too.....
            Must be a New York thing. Are you guys buying FLETC slots like the Yanks and Mets are trying to buy World Series slots!?

            Comment


            • Another day...still pending...SIGH

              ROLL CALL for SFO, Oakland, San Jose:

              ME!!
              Anyone else?
              Patience is a virtue

              Comment


              • Originally posted by primetime24 View Post
                Same timeframe for me too.....
                You received a letter, no official phone call? What location(s) were you offered?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
                  You received a letter, no official phone call? What location(s) were you offered?
                  No I got a phone call tuesday night, letter thursday.

                  The only location i tested for was buffalo.. so that's what I got offered.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SevenSixTwo View Post
                    Another day...still pending...SIGH

                    ROLL CALL for SFO, Oakland, San Jose:

                    ME!!
                    Anyone else?

                    Right here. I have completed everything except my medical. I just sent in my additional medical information 2 days ago due to having PRK. Hopefully it gets cleared soon.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by primetime24 View Post
                      No I got a phone call tuesday night, letter thursday.

                      The only location i tested for was buffalo.. so that's what I got offered.
                      I just got home from the drug screen, and the lady commented on how fast things were moving. She said people who did their medicals early this week were already coming back for drug screens. She said they have some 100 people scheduled over the week or so.
                      Last edited by NAL06; 01-09-2009, 03:52 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                        Hey does your CASS or Job Hotline say anything about receiving your documents? Like saying something like we have received the additional medical documents and will have a decision made soon.
                        I communicated to the Medical group via e-mail and they replied back to me stating that they received the packet and forwarded it off for review..
                        Last edited by nordy racer; 01-09-2009, 01:48 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Just got the call for NYC/JFK EOD: Jan 20th, FLETC: Feb 20th.


                          Test: Mar 08
                          NOR: Mar 08
                          TO: JUN 08
                          INTERVIEW: JUL 08 pass
                          MED/FIT: JUL 08 pass
                          DRUG TEST: AUG 08 pass
                          PRE-EMPFORMS: AUG 08 pending document of military service.
                          QUALS: SEP 08 GS-5
                          BI: interview OCT 14th, cleared OCT 22nd
                          GEO PREF: NYC/JFK
                          TSU: NOV 25th
                          EOD: DEC 15th Had to decline due to Military obligation.
                          Back in the pipline for new EOD.
                          NEW EOD: JAN 20th
                          FLETC: FEB 20th
                          Test: Mar 08
                          NOR: Mar 08
                          TO: JUN 08
                          INTERVIEW: JUL 08 pass
                          MED/FIT: JUL 08 pass
                          DRUG TEST: AUG 08 pass
                          PRE-EMPFORMS: AUG 08 pending document of military service.
                          QUALS: SEP 08 GS-5
                          BI: interview OCT 14th, cleared OCT 22nd
                          GEO PREF: NYC/JFK
                          TSU: NOV 25th
                          EOD: DEC 15th Had to decline due to Military obligation.
                          Back in the pipline for new EOD.
                          NEW EOD: JAN 20th
                          FLETC: FEB 20th, Class No: CBPI-931

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dreCBPONYC08 View Post
                            Does anyone know the hiring situation at JFK? i've been in TSU since Nov 25th.


                            Test: Mar 08
                            NOR: Mar 08
                            TO: JUN 08
                            INTERVIEW: JUL 08 pass
                            MED/FIT: JUL 08 pass
                            DRUG TEST: AUG 08 pass
                            PRE-EMPFORMS: AUG 08 pending document of military service.
                            QUALS: SEP 08 GS-5
                            BI: interview OCT 14th, cleared OCT 22nd
                            GEO PREF: NYC/JFK
                            TSU: NOV 25th
                            EOD: DEC 15th Had to decline due to Military obligation.
                            Back in the pipline for new EOD.
                            NEW EOD: ?
                            [/B]
                            Ask and you shall receive...

                            Comment


                            • Do you guys think the slow down in the economy has anything to do with the recent slow down of people passing the backrounds and/or getting the "call"?

                              Less job openings, less cbp's leaving their jobs in fears of not finding another one?

                              Just a thought.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
                                Do you guys think the slow down in the economy has anything to do with the recent slow down of people passing the backrounds and/or getting the "call"?

                                Less job openings, less cbp's leaving their jobs in fears of not finding another one?

                                Just a thought.
                                Even if that were the case, i dont think it would slow people down from at least getting to TSU

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9924 users online. 378 members and 9546 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X