300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    Man that sucks. In my defense this is my second time through the process and second waiting and waiting and waiting...
    Blah
    It is even more frustrating when you see all of the newer candidates being given "interims" and job offers within 4 months of taking their written and starting their process... Makes you want to bang your head against the wall! I sent in my NOPA response at the end of Oct and it still says the same thing, I mean how long does it take to read the letter and say YES or NO!... But hey, I just sent in my new Pre-Employment forms in on Tuesday and I'm taking the drug test again today since my old one expired... At least there is some sort of movement... But this whole process is very frustrating for some of us unlucky ones
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      It is even more frustrating when you see all of the newer candidates being given "interims" and job offers within 4 months of taking their written and starting their process... Makes you want to bang your head against the wall! I sent in my NOPA response at the end of Oct and it still says the same thing, I mean how long does it take to read the letter and say YES or NO!... But hey, I just sent in my new Pre-Employment forms in on Tuesday and I'm taking the drug test again today since my old one expired... At least there is some sort of movement... But this whole process is very frustrating for some of us unlucky ones
      Yeah i understand that. Its crazy how some people are in TSU or called within 2 months of getting their t.o. I wish there was a more specific way to find out whats up with your file than CASS, but oh well. Like you said at least you are still making some moves which lets you know you're still in the running.

Comment

• Yes my bi is still pending- I suppose I got an interim. Good luck to everyone else!
        - Zebulon -

Test: 04/08
        NOR: 05/08
        TO: 11/08
        VBT: 12/08 - Passed
        Medical: 12/08 -Passed
        Physical: 12/08 - Passed
        Drug test: 12/08 - Passed
        Qualifications : cleared for GS7 12/08
        Background: in progress
        Geo pref- Buffalo

Comment

• Originally posted by Zebulon View Post
          Yes my bi is still pending- I suppose I got an interim. Good luck to everyone else!
          Good deal for you. You sure had it quick, 2 months total?

Comment

Background Investigation pending Your case is in the security office
            4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. I'd press that button every 108 minutes if it got me this job.

Met with my BI on 9/24
            BI submitted for review on 10/10

Nothing.

I love waiting.
            ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
            Written: 5/15/08
            NOR: 5/20/08
            TO: 10/28/08
            Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
            Fitness: 2/02/09
            BI: 3/15/09
            OB: 4/24
            EOD: 7/27
            FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
            Written: 3/15/08
            NOR: 4/2/08
            TO: 5/22/08
            Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
            Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
            VBT: 6/30/08
            Drug Test: 7/10/08
            Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
            Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
            BI submitted: 10/10/08
            TSU: 4/2/09
            Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
            EOD:

Comment

• Barnaj - yes my packet was due dec2 and I accepted the offer today
              - Zebulon -

Test: 04/08
              NOR: 05/08
              TO: 11/08
              VBT: 12/08 - Passed
              Medical: 12/08 -Passed
              Physical: 12/08 - Passed
              Drug test: 12/08 - Passed
              Qualifications : cleared for GS7 12/08
              Background: in progress
              Geo pref- Buffalo

Comment

Barnaj - yes my packet was due dec2 and I accepted the offer today
                Thats crazy i know alot of cbpo's and have been through the process twice and thats the record for the fastest t.o. to job offer ive heard yet. Congrats!

Comment

• Does anyone know the hiring situation at JFK? i've been in TSU since Nov 25th.

Test: Mar 08
                  NOR: Mar 08
                  TO: JUN 08
                  INTERVIEW: JUL 08 pass
                  MED/FIT: JUL 08 pass
                  DRUG TEST: AUG 08 pass
                  PRE-EMPFORMS: AUG 08 pending document of military service.
                  QUALS: SEP 08 GS-5
                  BI: interview OCT 14th, cleared OCT 22nd
                  GEO PREF: NYC/JFK
                  TSU: NOV 25th
                  EOD: DEC 15th Had to decline due to Military obligation.
                  Back in the pipline for new EOD.
                  NEW EOD: ?
                  [/B]
                  Test: Mar 08
                  NOR: Mar 08
                  TO: JUN 08
                  INTERVIEW: JUL 08 pass
                  MED/FIT: JUL 08 pass
                  DRUG TEST: AUG 08 pass
                  PRE-EMPFORMS: AUG 08 pending document of military service.
                  QUALS: SEP 08 GS-5
                  BI: interview OCT 14th, cleared OCT 22nd
                  GEO PREF: NYC/JFK
                  TSU: NOV 25th
                  EOD: DEC 15th Had to decline due to Military obligation.
                  Back in the pipline for new EOD.
                  NEW EOD: JAN 20th
                  FLETC: FEB 20th, Class No: CBPI-931

Comment

• My packet was also due 12/02 for Buffalo. I'm not far behind, my BI actually shows complete. Hopefully the drug screen completes quickly so I could get in with you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                      I know exactly how your feel. It gets real old after a while to do your daily "check" on CASS and to see that.
                      It could be worst. When I went through the process there was no CASS, no phone numbers to call to inquire about status. All you got was silence until the govt decided to contact you for information or finnally grace you with a decision.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by IronHorse0311 View Post
                        Does anyone know anything about the hiring up in the NY (Other) Area? (Champlain, Alexandria Bay, Albany, Rouses Point, Massena)

Well...I can't tell you much...but here goes.

Albany is a fairly small port and unlikely to hire new people directly off the street. Most likely they'll fill with transfers from Champlain or elsewhere. Rouses Point is an outport of Champlain. Massena and Champlain are in the process of expanding and building new ports, they should be hiring a few new officers before all is said and done. A-Bay...can't tell you about. Ogdensburg and Trout River are smaller ports...if they're hiring they're not looking for many.

All in all, as far as hiring goes...your most likely bets are probably Champlain leading the pack, with Massena/A-Bay fighting for second/third spot. Everybody else will finish in the distance.

Comment

Yeah i dont know why i torture myself. How long have you been "in security office"? Like October for me. Met with my BI towards the end of October i believe, havent heard anything since.
                          http://www.opm.gov/News_Events/congr...02_13_2008.asp

Just some extra info on Backgrounds

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                            it only took them 3 weeks to review mine, so hopefully it will be that quick for you.. i was in the same boat as you, being that it was the last thing holding me up
                            Hey does your CASS or Job Hotline say anything about receiving your documents? Like saying something like we have received the additional medical documents and will have a decision made soon.

Comment

Barnaj - yes my packet was due dec2 and I accepted the offer today
                              Same timeframe for me too.....

Comment

• Does anyone here still has Qualifications pending? I've submitted everything when I got the TO. Does it clear after BI? I emailed MHC and I got a generic response.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/18/08
                                NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
                                TO: 09/23/08
                                Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
                                Medical: Completed 12/08
                                Drug Test: Completed 11/08
                                Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
                                VBT: Completed 11/08
                                BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
                                Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
                                3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7668 users online. 415 members and 7253 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X