Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else taking the test on 10/31 in NYC? I figure I'll give it a shot and see if CBP is for me.

My only question as many have already been answered here(thx) For older retired LEO's are the PT times etc... in FLETC the same or based on the recruits age?

thx

Comment

• Yeah its all the same. as far as the run goes, everyone in cbpi has to do 1.5 miles in 16:30, at least thats what it was. therer was talk of it dropping to 15:30 or 15, not sure. thats the only thing that matters, you got 2 tries to make it or you go home. all the other stuff is just participation for the sake of doing it, no pass fail. hope this helps.

Comment

• I believe they have dropped the 1.5mi to 15:30 starting with the first class in October. They also restricted them to track work during pt. No more fit trail and fun runs.
        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Exam Questions

I have two general questions related to the exam.

1) Is there a Math section and if so how difficult is it? (For those who have taken the latest exam)

2) Also, what is considered a "competitive" score?

Patriot72
          Last edited by Patrio72; 10-30-2007, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• 1. There is a math section but its not too difficult. Its more a pain than anything as no calculators are allowed.

2. I dunno what's competitive unfortunately...

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrio72 View Post
              2) Also, what is considered a "competitive" score?
              The test is graded on a curve based on the area you applied to work. The hiring is done based on where you applied. So if the highest score received by testers applying for JFK is an 85 then you will be competitive at a lower score. If the highest score received by testers is a 110 at a port with few opening you might not be competitive with a 100.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Bait and Switch

Well, I got the call. I accepted.

But they have pullled the old "bait and switch".

Some one refresh my memory if I'm wrong. Jan 07, when I filled out the application on USAJOBS, I selected a specific port(City). Now they called with a job offer nearly 3 hours away one way. And if I turned that down, I have to start the process all over. So I took the position.

The real kicker is the port I wanted will be hiring a number of new officers this coming year (08)!!!! Major expansions in progress!! But of course, non of their upcoming slots are open yet.
                CBP Test: 02/07
                TO : 03/07

CASS:
                Preemployment Forms completed: 04/07
                Fitness : 06/07
                VBT completed Passed : 08/14
                Background Investi. completed : 08/28
                Medical Exam Completed : 10/16
                Drug Screen completed : 10/16
                Qualifications : 10/20

Comment

• Are any of you taking the exam this weekend in Norfolk, VA?

With any luck, it won't be much more difficult than the BP exam.
                  CBPO - Nirgendwo in Amerika

Comment

• Verbal job offer withdrawn!!!

OMG!!!!

They called back this morning and said they made a mistake. That position had already been filled and asked if I still had my old job!! They sorry, but they don't have a position for me!!!!!

They have withdrawn the offer AFTER the verbal job offer and AFTER I submitted my resignation to my current employer!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADDED: Monday the 29th, there was a message on the answering machine from Customs sayinig they had a job offer. I spoke to them Tuesday morning and verbally accepted the job. Then they called this moring (Wed the 31st) and retracted the offer.
                    Last edited by DannyB; 10-31-2007, 08:44 AM.
                    CBP Test: 02/07
                    TO : 03/07

CASS:
                    Preemployment Forms completed: 04/07
                    Fitness : 06/07
                    VBT completed Passed : 08/14
                    Background Investi. completed : 08/28
                    Medical Exam Completed : 10/16
                    Drug Screen completed : 10/16
                    Qualifications : 10/20

Comment

• wow that sucks. I hoe your old employer will take you back.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannyB View Post
                        OMG!!!!

They called back this morning and said they made a mistake. That position had already been filled and asked if I still had my old job!! They sorry, but they don't have a position for me!!!!!

They have withdrawn the offer AFTER the verbal job offer and AFTER I submitted my resignation to my current employer!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADDED: Monday the 29th, there was a message on the answering machine from Customs sayinig they had a job offer. I spoke to them Tuesday morning and verbally accepted the job. Then they called this moring (Wed the 31st) and retracted the offer.
                        Dude,

That is terrible, I can't believe they would make a mistake of that magnitude. I would call them and ask to speak to a major supervisor, explain the situation and demand that they expedite your offer for the original POE you applied for.

Comment

• Wow, that really sucks. If your employer lets you retract your resignation remember to wait until you have your offer in writing before making any moves.
                          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• [QUOTE=DannyB;1003249]OMG!!!!

[qoute]

Sorry this has happened to you. There's no possible way you could have seen this one coming. I hope they at least offered to buy you dinner first (if you catch my meaning).

An old timer at FLETC was overheard saying, "Only you can look out for you. Uncle Sugar sure as hell ain't gonna do it." So I guess that's your first lesson courtesy of CBP. Go after them.

Good luck getting the situation resolved.
                            ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• Detroit

Anyone test in Detroit @ Cobo?
                              What did you think?

I think the proctor cut our time short for the Logical Reasoning, some of the Math got me, and I had a Dan Quayle moment.

Patriot72

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrio72 View Post
                                Anyone test in Detroit @ Cobo?
                                What did you think?

I think the proctor cut our time short for the Logical Reasoning, some of the Math got me, and I had a Dan Quayle moment.

Patriot72
                                I took the same test in May 2006. It was at the federal building though. Anyway i thought i bombed out, but got a 90, so you probably did better than you thought. The math part can be a little sticky and i dont think you get enough time, especially when you been outta high school for 10 years! Did you get your score at the test site or you gotta wait by the mailbox like i did?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7689 users online. 266 members and 7423 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X