300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hound 77
    We will be in the same round. and hopefully it is soon. it has been driving me crazy playing this waiting game. some dude in MHS has been keepin me updated and always returns my calls. That tends to give me hope. He isnt avoiding me. He said that myself and a buddy of mine from work should be in the same round. good to find someone in the same boat. I took the test back in 11/07. BI cleared in 7/08. I call this poor guy every two weeks since Oct and he calls me by my first name now. hahaha. he is always easy going and helpful. He assures me that its just a matter of time, and told me the same thing. Newark stopped for a while and he is just waiting for that email, and I should(we should) be next.

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
      Hound 77
      We will be in the same round. and hopefully it is soon. it has been driving me crazy playing this waiting game. some dude in MHS has been keepin me updated and always returns my calls. That tends to give me hope. He isnt avoiding me. He said that myself and a buddy of mine from work should be in the same round. good to find someone in the same boat. I took the test back in 11/07. BI cleared in 7/08. I call this poor guy every two weeks since Oct and he calls me by my first name now. hahaha. he is always easy going and helpful. He assures me that its just a matter of time, and told me the same thing. Newark stopped for a while and he is just waiting for that email, and I should(we should) be next.
      If you tested in Newark then we might have even been in the same room. Our time lines match up like a mirrored set.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
        just got done with my medical/physical. but i have a few questions though. they didnt drug test me so im assuming i get drug tested at another facility? if so, how long of a wait is it between the medical/physical and drug test? also they didnt do a full physical (hold and cough if you know what i mean) but i was under the impression that they do do that. do they not?

anyway im just happy im one more step closer. now ill go ahead and resume my
        "hurry up and wait" position
        Drug test comes at random, they don't tell you when for obvious reasons, you've got to show up in like 48 hours after they notify you if I remember right. My test was at a different facility than the med exam. Hah the "facility" was the scariest damn location I've ever been to. A place tucked in just about the ugliest spot in stereotypical NJ landscape you can imagine. I think all they did was drug test truck drivers all day besides the CBP contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          Was he ever given a TO? Did he complete all the steps? Did he ever try to get in touch with MHC?
          Not 100% sure but he did mention that his file was on CASS. Then after a while it just disappeared. I only have 3 days left at my work before I start with CBP. So if I see him I'll try to get some more info.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
            just got done with my medical/physical. but i have a few questions though. they didnt drug test me so im assuming i get drug tested at another facility? if so, how long of a wait is it between the medical/physical and drug test? also they didnt do a full physical (hold and cough if you know what i mean) but i was under the impression that they do do that. do they not?

anyway im just happy im one more step closer. now ill go ahead and resume my
            "hurry up and wait" position
            My drug test was done at the same facility as my medical/physical. It was just done on a different date.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
              Drug test comes at random, they don't tell you when for obvious reasons, you've got to show up in like 48 hours after they notify you if I remember right. My test was at a different facility than the med exam. Hah the "facility" was the scariest damn location I've ever been to. A place tucked in just about the ugliest spot in stereotypical NJ landscape you can imagine. I think all they did was drug test truck drivers all day besides the CBP contract.
              It is quick and for that reason. Catch the dirty ones off guard. About three weeks after my physical I got a phone call saying I needed to be at my drug test two days later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
                If you tested in Newark then we might have even been in the same room. Our time lines match up like a mirrored set.
                I tested out of Philly. Did all of my processing there. VBT and such. Took my test in the William Green Fed Bldg. there. most of my med and fit stuff was done in some place in Freehold.

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                  the only waiver is prior government law enforcement. I have 15 years of prior gov LEO. I am 41 and have been hired. All my paperwork cleared a month after they got LEO coverage. that is the only waiver that I know of.
                  There has been some complaining and appeals filed by veterans about violation of veterans preference due to the age requirement. I have yet to see anybody post or read any outcomes not favorable to the veteran when it comes to an automatic age waiver for 12(d) covered positions.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                    There has been some complaining and appeals filed by veterans about violation of veterans preference due to the age requirement. I have yet to see anybody post or read any outcomes not favorable to the veteran when it comes to an automatic age waiver for 12(d) covered positions.
                    As it should be. I got my current job through the old VRA(Veterans Re-adjustment) act. I date myself with that one. All veterans should be compensated for their service to this country.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                      Hi guys just wondering if someone could help me clarify something.
                      wat does this mean exactly? does it mean i am just waiting for contact to get into FLETC? i passed and completed all my phases of the pre employment process including my BI..

"Referred to Schedule EOD
                      11/14/2008
                      You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more."

thanks in advanced!
                      I just checked my status and it updated to say the same thing as well. My GEO pref. is southwest border though so I fear that "additional 30 days" may come into play. Oh well at least were in, right?! I only just met with my BI last Friday too & he took over 2 hours at my house, and didn't even want the coffee I brewed for him.....jerk. Nah, just kidding, he was a cool guy. Good luck to you and everybody else out there........
                      CBPO - SW Border Locations, CA
                      Tested: 8/19/08
                      EOD: 2/23/09
                      FLETC: 3/25/09 Class 937

Comment

• Originally posted by C-BPO View Post
                        I just checked my status and it updated to say the same thing as well. My GEO pref. is southwest border though so I fear that "additional 30 days" may come into play. Oh well at least were in, right?! I only just met with my BI last Friday too & he took over 2 hours at my house, and didn't even want the coffee I brewed for him.....jerk. Nah, just kidding, he was a cool guy. Good luck to you and everybody else out there........
                        man everyone ive seen that has tested for san diego is right about where your at right now. i tested one month before you but a NOPA and incomplete pre employment packet set me back quite a bit. tested 7/21 and just did my medical/physical today.

Comment

• Hey guys, just finished sending in my additional medical information. Hopefully it gets cleared very soon because this is the only step left for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                            Hey guys, just finished sending in my additional medical information. Hopefully it gets cleared very soon because this is the only step left for me!
                            it only took them 3 weeks to review mine, so hopefully it will be that quick for you.. i was in the same boat as you, being that it was the last thing holding me up

Comment

• hm there seems to be a few san diego guys in here. i'm just waiting on my BI and quals to clear. i hope they clear soon.. i did my background back in november. maybe they're waiting to get us all at the same time my roommate is also in the process but his BI automatically cleared because he was already pre cleared for everything with border patrol. he just has to do the medical stuff and already has his VBT scheduled for the 20th. maybe he'll catch up to us. he just sent his packet in a few days ago i think, anyone remember how long the pre employment forms take to clear?

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                                hm there seems to be a few san diego guys in here. i'm just waiting on my BI and quals to clear. i hope they clear soon.. i did my background back in november. maybe they're waiting to get us all at the same time my roommate is also in the process but his BI automatically cleared because he was already pre cleared for everything with border patrol. he just has to do the medical stuff and already has his VBT scheduled for the 20th. maybe he'll catch up to us. he just sent his packet in a few days ago i think, anyone remember how long the pre employment forms take to clear?

Mine was very fast if I remember correctly. It took only like 1 week for my pre employment to show up complete on CASS.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10793 users online. 504 members and 10289 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X