Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was called this morning for the drug screen, that is the only part of the process left for me. Hopefully a phone call won't be long after.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
      .I've just heard those urban legend horror stories where the file gets lost somewhere among the thousands never to be heard from again...
      That's what a lady from IEA basically tried to tell me. I was like, "are you kidding me??"

Comment

• Hi guys just wondering if someone could help me clarify something.
        wat does this mean exactly? does it mean i am just waiting for contact to get into FLETC? i passed and completed all my phases of the pre employment process including my BI..

"Referred to Schedule EOD
        11/14/2008
        You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more."

thanks in advanced!

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
          Hi guys just wondering if someone could help me clarify something.
          wat does this mean exactly? does it mean i am just waiting for contact to get into FLETC? i passed and completed all my phases of the pre employment process including my BI..

11/14/2008
          You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more."

thanks in advanced!

It means that youve completed all your pre-employment steps, and are eligible for hire. You just have to wait for a spot to open up at your geo. preference.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            It means that youve completed all your pre-employment steps, and are eligible for hire. You just have to wait for a spot to open up at your geo. preference.
            silly question, but how can u check wat your geo. pref. is?
            i'm like 85% i put Massachusetts, but definitely wanna know for sure
            also is there a hotline i can call to check if i have been scheduled?
            i'm just very eager to know more info, sorry for being such a n00b lol
            thanks!

Comment

Hi guys just wondering if someone could help me clarify something.

11/14/2008

thanks in advanced!

did you receive this via a mailed letter?

Comment

• Does anyone know if CBP has an age waiver up to 40?

Comment

silly question, but how can u check wat your geo. pref. is?
                  i'm like 85% i put Massachusetts, but definitely wanna know for sure
                  also is there a hotline i can call to check if i have been scheduled?
                  i'm just very eager to know more info, sorry for being such a n00b lol
                  thanks!
                  Well you can check the letter that came with your t.o., check your test NOR'S, or applicationmanager. Any of the 3 should show your geo.

Comment

• just wondering. anyone out there waiting for the Newark office longer than me?... paperwork cleared 8/8/08. waiting on scheduling to call me with a start date and training date.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACE View Post
                      Does anyone know if CBP has an age waiver up to 40?
                      CBP/Border Patrol is giving out blanket waivers up to the age of 40. CBP/Field Operations is not. I really have not heard of anyone getting a waiver for OFO. Then again, we've only been covered for 6 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
                        I've just heard those urban legend horror stories where the file gets lost somewhere among the thousands never to be heard from again...
                        There is a guy I work with who has been in the process over 2 years. He was never given a NOPA or asked to withdrawal his application. Yet his file isn't on CASS anymore and no one knows anything about his file.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          CBP/Border Patrol is giving out blanket waivers up to the age of 40. CBP/Field Operations is not. I really have not heard of anyone getting a waiver for OFO. Then again, we've only been covered for 6 months.
                          the only waiver is prior government law enforcement. I have 15 years of prior gov LEO. I am 41 and have been hired. All my paperwork cleared a month after they got LEO coverage. that is the only waiver that I know of.

Comment

• Originally posted by furrball409 View Post
                            There is a guy I work with who has been in the process over 2 years. He was never given a NOPA or asked to withdrawal his application. Yet his file isn't on CASS anymore and no one knows anything about his file.
                            Was he ever given a TO? Did he complete all the steps? Did he ever try to get in touch with MHC?
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                              just wondering. anyone out there waiting for the Newark office longer than me?... paperwork cleared 8/8/08. waiting on scheduling to call me with a start date and training date.
                              We literally cleared on the same friggin day. If you get in next round and I don't I will hunt you down, no joke.

Newark had some backlog, ran out of money for training or somthing and stopped sending new hires to fletc for a while. That caused a backlog of people in TSU. As of the last of hiring around Dec 1 we became very close to the front of the line. I talked to a nice woman in MN who assured me next round I (and I would assume you as well) will get in.

There was an additional delay b/c they had to send an all female class down to FLETC in October b/c of gender ratio issues. Guess women were quitting newark faster than anticipated.

I am hoping for a call this month, but at this point who knows. The current class of pre-academy folks go down to FLETC around Jan 15. After that I have hope, which is probably just asking for more disappointment, but hey I'm an optimist.

Comment

• just got done with my medical/physical. but i have a few questions though. they didnt drug test me so im assuming i get drug tested at another facility? if so, how long of a wait is it between the medical/physical and drug test? also they didnt do a full physical (hold and cough if you know what i mean) but i was under the impression that they do do that. do they not?

anyway im just happy im one more step closer. now ill go ahead and resume my
                                "hurry up and wait" position

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6637 users online. 322 members and 6315 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X