300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone

Been lurking here a long time, probably the better part of 08. Anyways, everything in my process has moved along at decent speed. Heres my timeline:

Test: March 17thish, 2008- Passed 87

Pre-Employment Forms: May 2008 Completed

Medical: June 2008- Cleared in November 2008 (Had to get LASIK done and then wait for the 3 month period)

VBT: July 2008-Completed

Drug Test- Taken and Cleared August 2008

Qualifications: Cleared August 2008

Now as far as the Backround Investigation goes, I had to wait until october 17th for my Interview. The Backround Investigator was probably one of the nicest people I have ever met. We went thru everything within 2 hours, he met all of my contacts that same day and gave me a call that night! To tell me that My backround (at least from his end) was going to be done. He had a 2 week deadline I believe...

In any case, Mid-November I got a call from a lady asking to clear up a speeding ticket that I had recieved this past summer. I told her about it, and she told me that as long as it had been paid, it wouldn't be an issue.

Its now January 6th. Been about 2-3 months since I have met my investigator and my case is still pending....Everyone involved (including my investigator) told me that My backround had nothing that should concern me.

But, that is exactly WHAT is concerning me, If I have a relatively clean backround (no crim. record, just a speeding ticket or two and decent credit with no debt) then whats the hold up?!

I know this has probably been asked a million times, and take this as venting with people in the same boat as me. Just thougth id share my story, so far.

Comment

• 2-3 months is nothing. They generally take 6-18 months to clear. It could be sitting at the bottom of an enormous pile on an adjudicator's desk. They handles 1000s of files. Just be patient, if your record is clear you have nothing to worry about.

Comment

• CASS updated my Medical today!!! YAY!!! Had Lazik and needed to verify my vision with an independent doctor.

Almostdone...same boat as you. Be patient
        Patience is a virtue

Comment

• So I hadn't heard anything in a while. While at work today I get a call with a area code I didn't recognize.

"hello this is carla with Customs and Border protection"

I got my hopes up that this was "the call".

"we need you to explain some discrepencies in your financial disclosure"

Ok i think to my self, this shouldn't be a big deal.

"It seems in July of 2004 you bought $15,000 worth of chips at the Luxor hotel in Las Vegas"

I almost dropped the damn phone. I have been to las vegas but I have NEVER seen that kind of money in my entire life.

"Also you bought $10,000 worth of chips in 2005"

At this point I get out a "I wish I had that kind of money...."

She then proceeds to say "and have you lived at this address in California?"

I have never lived anywhere except Oklahoma, I explained this to her and that I had been to vegas (don't want to try and hide anything) but I have never gambled more than $20 nor have I ever been to california. She said she would put a note in my file.....

About an hour later she called back and said: "After going thru your financial records and credit we've determined you would not have had the funds or credit to accomplish this, we have determined this is simply a case of someone having the same name as you" this was followed by "oh and we need information on your Fiancee', you did not provide the requested information on her" I told her that I had and that the BI had interviewed her she suddenly made a noise and says "oh there it is, nevermind"

I'm starting to wonder about my adjudicator >.>

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
            2-3 months is nothing. They generally take 6-18 months to clear. It could be sitting at the bottom of an enormous pile on an adjudicator's desk. They handles 1000s of files. Just be patient, if your record is clear you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the re-assuring words. Guess it's good to hear I'm not alone. I am a patient person, I've just heard those urban legend horror stories where the file gets lost somewhere among the thousands never to be heard from again...

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaric View Post
              So I hadn't heard anything in a while. While at work today I get a call with a area code I didn't recognize.

"It seems in July of 2004 you bought $15,000 worth of chips at the Luxor hotel in Las Vegas"

I almost dropped the damn phone. I have been to las vegas but I have NEVER seen that kind of money in my entire life.

I have never lived anywhere except Oklahoma, I explained this to her and that I had been to vegas (don't want to try and hide anything) but I have never gambled more than $20 nor have I ever been to california. She said she would put a note in my file.....

About an hour later she called back and said: "After going thru your financial records and credit we've determined you would not have had the funds or credit to accomplish this, we have determined this is simply a case of someone having the same name as you" this was followed by "oh and we need information on your Fiancee', you did not provide the requested information on her" I told her that I had and that the BI had interviewed her she suddenly made a noise and says "oh there it is, nevermind"

well, that's the govt for ya... don't be surprised by anything

Comment

• Anyone else watching the Homeland Security show on ABC?

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                  Anyone else watching the Homeland Security show on ABC?
                  No, for some reason I refuse to watch it until I get the "call". I guess watching it would make me more anxious...waiting around. But how was it?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
                    No, for some reason I refuse to watch it until I get the "call". I guess watching it would make me more anxious...waiting around. But how was it?

Pretty interesting. You should watch it. Gives you more information of what you will be doing on the job.

Comment

• My favorite part from the girl and her denial on the visa program:

"I do not accept this decision"

"I do not want to wait in there it is too ugly"
                      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Does anyone have any good tips on what to bring/not bring to FLETC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaric View Post
                          So I hadn't heard anything in a while. While at work today I get a call with a area code I didn't recognize.

Just hope Carla does not frequent this thread. You just dimed her out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SLC2009 View Post
                            CBPO-Salt Lake City
                            Tested: 7/07
                            TO: 7/08
                            Drug Test: Passed
                            VBT: Passed
                            Fitness: Passed
                            Quals: GS-5
                            Medical: Completed
                            BI: Completed, forwarded Oct 2008
                            Sent to Scheduling Unit October 22, 2008

Here is to the New Year and hoping a phone call is received soon. Anyone else been waiting for Training and Scheduling more than 74 days and counting. Good luck to all who are starting this month.

Comment

• Originally posted by SLC2009 View Post
                              CBPO-Salt Lake City
                              Tested: 7/07
                              TO: 7/08
                              Drug Test: Passed
                              VBT: Passed
                              Fitness: Passed
                              Quals: GS-5
                              Medical: Completed
                              BI: Completed, forwarded Oct 2008
                              Sent to Scheduling Unit October 22, 2008

Here is to the New Year and hoping a phone call is received soon. Anyone else been waiting for Training and Scheduling more than 74 days and counting. Good luck to all who are starting this month.
                              150 days and counting. All of my paprework cleared in the beginning of August and is still sitting in the Scheduling Office. Now I am just waiting, impatiently, for a call. All I want is some verification on a start date. Been jailin for the Bureau of Prisons for 15 years and cant wait til I never have to see another inmate.

No matter what anyone says, we are all LEO's and should be compensated.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                                My favorite part from the girl and her denial on the visa program:

"I do not accept this decision"

"I do not want to wait in there it is too ugly"
                                She was hot, they should have let her in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6899 users online. 311 members and 6588 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X