300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
    When the background investigation goes "complete" on CASS, does that mean that the b.i. is entirely done?
    Unless you have interim clearance. How long ago did you meet with your bi?

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
      How long ago did you meet with your bi?
      I met with him 2 weeks ago. The only other thing pending is the drug screen, which I have yet to take.

Comment

• Others can weigh in, but I think you have interim clearance. That seems really fast for it to process. The investigator likely still had interviews to do, write his report, and send it for review.

Comment

• I mean I don't know how long it typically takes, but I've lived, worked, and gone to school all within 15-20miles of my house..no criminal record, etc. Like I said, I haven't even taken the drug screen yet, so I don't know why else it would be rushed

Comment

I mean I don't know how long it typically takes, but I've lived, worked, and gone to school all within 15-20miles of my house..no criminal record, etc. Like I said, I haven't even taken the drug screen yet, so I don't know why else it would be rushed
            Doesn't mean it was rushed. They probably took a quick look at you and saw all of that and granted you interim while they do a more thorough background.

Comment

• I guess interim would only be a good thing, as I would likely get a call sooner rather than later. Even if it was interim, I don't have anything in my background that would keep it from going complete anyways. Strange thing, is that CASS has me up to date, where as the hotline is sig. behind. Opposite from everything I've heard.
              Last edited by NAL06; 01-06-2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
                Just curious why is your drug test not required?
                I'm currently employed with ICE so it automatically carried over
                ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

I mean I don't know how long it typically takes, but I've lived, worked, and gone to school all within 15-20miles of my house..no criminal record, etc. Like I said, I haven't even taken the drug screen yet, so I don't know why else it would be rushed

You sound like the perfect candidate for the interim clearance.

I thought IC's were a thing of the past.

Maybe you've gotten one of the last.
                  Maybe they're only yanking them from BP candidates.
                  Maybe there isn't much rhyme or reason for much that is done, and there isn't a well reasoned explanation for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    You sound like the perfect candidate for the interim clearance.

I thought IC's were a thing of the past.

Maybe you've gotten one of the last.
                    Maybe they're only yanking them from BP candidates.
                    Maybe there isn't much rhyme or reason for much that is done, and there isn't a well reasoned explanation for this.
                    I would consider myself very lucky, if that were to be the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew23 View Post
                      I'm currently employed with ICE so it automatically carried over
                      I'm just curious. Why are you leaving ICE for CBP?

Comment

You most likely do have an interim, but the BI's work is probably finished. Unless a person had a very "exciting" life it normally only takes about 15-20 hours of work to complete the interviews. Literally your interview was probably the longest of the process. Your co-workers/neighbors/friends/landlord probably only had interviews that lasted about 15-20 minutes. Writing up the report only takes about 5-10 hours for all of the interviews and records checks. Like I said unless you had an exciting life, your investigator probably had your file done and forwarded within a week.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• For those that already took the drug screen, how long did it take for it to clear?

Comment

For those that already took the drug screen, how long did it take for it to clear?
                            2 weeks.

Comment

For those that already took the drug screen, how long did it take for it to clear?
                              2 weeks on mine also.

Comment

• my medical cleared (on CASS but not over the phone #).. i was sent a letter and i provided what they requested.. thankfully i had to only wait 4 weeks for their review and approval..

hopefully a call will be soon..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8133 users online. 370 members and 7763 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X