300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFO airport and Oakland Seaport

Anyone know how it is like working at the SFO airport or the Oakland Seaport?

Comment

• Is there anyone on here that is in TSU for NYC/JFK?
      Test: Mar 08
      NOR: Mar 08
      TO: JUN 08
      INTERVIEW: JUL 08 pass
      MED/FIT: JUL 08 pass
      DRUG TEST: AUG 08 pass
      PRE-EMPFORMS: AUG 08 pending document of military service.
      QUALS: SEP 08 GS-5
      BI: interview OCT 14th, cleared OCT 22nd
      GEO PREF: NYC/JFK
      TSU: NOV 25th
      EOD: DEC 15th Had to decline due to Military obligation.
      Back in the pipline for new EOD.
      NEW EOD: JAN 20th
      FLETC: FEB 20th, Class No: CBPI-931

Comment

• Hey All....I saw some postings regarding the medical and fitness and when you hear back. I spoke with MHC today and asked specifically about that since my fitness test has cleared but medical has NOT. As per the woman whom I spoke with, the fitness test will clear almost immediately upon them receiving the paperwork. (My paperwork was mailed by the doc's office on Dec. 19, medical cleared on the phone system on Dec 26.)

That being said, it will be roughly 3-4 weeks from the time the medical office receives the paperwork before they (Staffing) even get it. Then another week for it to clear in the system. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Also...Thanks to all those who gave me the advice on DD214. I faxed them in and called. They returned my call this afternoon and said they had received it and verified my veterans preference. So thanks to all who replied.

Comment

• Can someone put up the link to the pay scale tables for us. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLbound View Post
            Can someone put up the link to the pay scale tables for us. Thanks in advance.
            They could, or you could... Its on OPM.gov under the salary and wages link.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronHorse0311 View Post
              Hey All....I saw some postings regarding the medical and fitness and when you hear back. I spoke with MHC today and asked specifically about that since my fitness test has cleared but medical has NOT. As per the woman whom I spoke with, the fitness test will clear almost immediately upon them receiving the paperwork. (My paperwork was mailed by the doc's office on Dec. 19, medical cleared on the phone system on Dec 26.)
              Yeah, I figured the fitness would show sooner than the medical. I took them both on 12/17, but nothing yet. Oh well, I figure they'll just show complete at the same time.

Comment

• Multiple postings.
                Last edited by merlin436; 01-03-2009, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• Multiple postings.
                  Last edited by merlin436; 01-03-2009, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronHorse0311 View Post
                    They are no Manhattan, or Hoboken or anything like that, but keep in mind the cost of livign as well. If you want to buy a home, you may pay 1/3 what you would pay down state. Trust me, I lived in Southern New York for a year and paid a ridiculous amount for a small townhome. I can get into a 2800 sf home with land for like 130,000.
                    Not that I disagree with you, but I should point out that those places with higher cost of living(think bigger ports...JFK, Buffalo and the like) tend to also be those places where there is a reasonable expectation of being able to come close to capping/cap out in OT. Those place with a lesser cost of living(usually the smaller ports)...maybe not.

You might well see a 25K+ in pay difference between what's likely to be made in some of the smaller ports than say what could be had in JFK or Buffalo.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                      They could, or you could... Its on OPM.gov under the salary and wages link.
                      Or, if that is too much clicking search "federal pay scale" on Yahoo.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Merlin...Very good point. I think that at Alex Bay and some of those smaller ports you are absolutely correct. What do you think about the border b/w Montreal and NY? That port from what I here is slammed.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                          Or, if that is too much clicking search "federal pay scale" on Yahoo.
                          Or just try this:

http://www.fedsmith.com/pay_rates/

Comment

• Yo Bizzy, long time stalker, first time poster also hehe. I've been reading all this stuff constantly just looking for a little insight here and there. Couldn't help but notice you just got picked up for LA/LB recently. I tested in Aug 08 and the rest of your process timeline seems almost identical to mine so I was just curious what your test score was if you don't mind me asking since they select in ranking order of course....anyways, congrats on gettin there!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              Not that I disagree with you, but I should point out that those places with higher cost of living(think bigger ports...JFK, Buffalo and the like) tend to also be those places where there is a reasonable expectation of being able to come close to capping/cap out in OT. Those place with a lesser cost of living(usually the smaller ports)...maybe not.

You might well see a 25K+ in pay difference between what's likely to be made in some of the smaller ports than say what could be had in JFK or Buffalo.
                              In other words, are you saying that at ports such as these, one should expect to cap out, where at a smaller port not so?

Comment

• IronHorse and Merlin

IronHorse, I just might have to hire you to be my own personal therapist. Thanks for your responses. I will surely take them into consideration. Although I am accustomed to the suburbs and city life, I am still very young and don't mind the change especially if it is for the betterment of myself and my daughter. I am more worried about her than anything (i.e. school/daycare, babysitter) if i would have to work overtime. I am a single parent and won't have the assistance of anyone at home, so I want to make sure she will be okay before anything. I know if/when I am given a final offer I would only have 24 hrs to decide so I want to do as much research on all possible locations throughout the process. I read in another post someone mentioned Massena and another port were expanding? So most likely that's where they would be hiring new officers?

I dont know how to quote another's post but MERLIN you said..."If you can live within a small town and don't mind a 40 mile drive to the nearest Old Navy, it's not all that bad."
                                Are you serious??? 40 miles? Please tell me you were being sarcastic! lol. Would that be the same for other sources of entertainment i.e., bowling alleys, movie theaters, museums, parks?

Thanks again for all your insight
                                CBPO Timeline
                                GEO: NY (All Other)
                                TEST: 8/15/08 (88)
                                TO: 12/24/08
                                FORMS: 1/9/09
                                FITNESS: 1/16/09
                                VBT: 1/21/09
                                DRUG: 2/4/09
                                QUALS: 2/4/09
                                MEDICAL: 4/09
                                BI: 5/1/09
                                TSU:5/1/09

EOD: 6/8/09
                                FLETC: 7/8/09
                                GRAD: 10/20/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7759 users online. 401 members and 7358 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X