Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a good number for CBP's Freedom of Information Act. They DQd me on some BS that isnt true or got me mixxed up with another candidate. Someone PM it PLEASE! I dont want this blemmished background to haunt me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingcol View Post
      I need a good number for CBP's Freedom of Information Act. They DQd me on some BS that isnt true or got me mixxed up with another candidate. Someone PM it PLEASE! I dont want this blemmished background to haunt me!
      Im pretty sure you can find that info somewhere on opm.gov
      Good luck though, i once tried to get a copy of mine and its been a year and never got anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        Im pretty sure you can find that info somewhere on opm.gov
        Good luck though, i once tried to get a copy of mine and its been a year and never got anything.
        I read somewhere that by not providing the FOIA information you requested in a timely manner or providing a response explaining the delay, the government has essentially denied you FOIA request and can be sued to release the requested information. If it is that important to you, you can always go that route. I'd say a year without any response is definitely longer than reasonable.

I am also contemplating that route. I requested a copy of my BI two times, once in July the other in October. I'm giving them one more chance, probably in March or April, this time certified mail. If no response to that request, then here come the lawyers.
        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• There is a number and email in the packet with the info to fill out the forms.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
            I read somewhere that by not providing the FOIA information you requested in a timely manner or providing a response explaining the delay, the government has essentially denied you FOIA request and can be sued to release the requested information. If it is that important to you, you can always go that route. I'd say a year without any response is definitely longer than reasonable.

I am also contemplating that route. I requested a copy of my BI two times, once in July the other in October. I'm giving them one more chance, probably in March or April, this time certified mail. If no response to that request, then here come the lawyers.
            Well, mine was more a matter of my own curiousity rather than a matter of something that was troubling me. I assume they have a backlog like everyone else and if your request isnt a legal matter, they dont even bother with it.

Comment

• Happy new year everyone, wish us all the best.
              (New year, new possibilities)

Quick question, does anyone know if it is normal after an initial interview for your investigator not to contact you during the investigation process?
              One of my reference told me that he came to see him last week and that is it.
              I e-mail all my references on a weekly basis and they have not spoken or met with anyone. Should I be worried because it seems to me that the process has ended.

Comment

• How long after taking the medical/physical did it come up as complete? I took them over 2 weeks ago, but nothing yet. I know CASS is notoriously slow, but even the telephone line has yet to show completed. As a side note, my forms are completed, but the Quals have yet to show complete either.

Comment

• Leen....It is pretty rural up there. Especially if you live in NJ. I grew up in central New Jersey, and live in North Florida right now. I have lived in some places that have 30,000 to 50,000 people and life is much easier. There are several places like Massena (sp?), Watertown, and some others if you want to commute further, that are plenty "city like". They are no Manhattan, or Hoboken or anything like that, but keep in mind the cost of livign as well. If you want to buy a home, you may pay 1/3 what you would pay down state. Trust me, I lived in Southern New York for a year and paid a ridiculous amount for a small townhome. I can get into a 2800 sf home with land for like 130,000. Is it where I want to be? Not forever, but it is a way in to a great organization, which from what I hear are going to placing a lot of people in the near future.

I have 2 kids and one on the way. My wife's family lives in Utica, and mine lives in NJ still. It is a long drive to any of them, but if you want to get in, then I would suggest making the sacrifice, learning to like hunting and fishing (if you don't already) and getting your kids equated with nature instead of the hustle and bustle of city life. I know my 3 year old and 1 year old love to be outside and I am looking at it as a great opportunity to get closer to them and still get closer to family than we are right now, all while working my way up for a potential transfer down the road. No matter what, I am a firm believer that if you want it bad enough, you and your family can make it work.

Hope that helps now that I sound like a darn therapist

Comment

• ATL...Thanks, I actually have it from a prior email that I found. I also found out the number by calling HR. Now I just have to wait for them to get back to me.

Comment

• NAL06 I did mine on Dec 5, 2008 and it was updated in CASS on Dec 28.
                      Quals completed on phone system but not on CASS. Still waiting to take VBT and Drug test.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
                        How long after taking the medical/physical did it come up as complete? I took them over 2 weeks ago, but nothing yet. I know CASS is notoriously slow, but even the telephone line has yet to show completed. As a side note, my forms are completed, but the Quals have yet to show complete either.
                        I think the expected time frame is 4 to 6 weeks. From what I have heard they generally register complete at the same time unless you have anything slightly abnormal in your medical history or from the physical. If so, you can probably expect an NMC letter asking for more info. Qualifications were the slowest part of my app, so don't worry they just take a while.
                        CBPO
                        Tested - 8/21/08
                        TO - 9/23/08
                        TSU - 12/23/08
                        Geo Pref - Eastern TX

Comment

• Originally posted by wastingaway32 View Post
                          Happy new year everyone, wish us all the best.
                          (New year, new possibilities)

Quick question, does anyone know if it is normal after an initial interview for your investigator not to contact you during the investigation process?
                          One of my reference told me that he came to see him last week and that is it.
                          I e-mail all my references on a weekly basis and they have not spoken or met with anyone. Should I be worried because it seems to me that the process has ended.
                          Ive had a couple done and once interviewed, i was never contacted again unless the BI needed something specific.

Comment

• thank you for that answer.
                            Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by bulldog777 View Post
                              I think the expected time frame is 4 to 6 weeks. From what I have heard they generally register complete at the same time unless you have anything slightly abnormal in your medical history or from the physical. If so, you can probably expect an NMC letter asking for more info. Qualifications were the slowest part of my app, so don't worry they just take a while.
                              Thanks, that helps. I'm just waiting on a call for the drug screen now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leen View Post
                                Does anyone live/work in that area? From what I gathered, I'm under the impression it is mostly rural out there. Does anyone know if this is true? The thought of moving myself and my 3 yr old hours away from family and friends would be a little more unsettling if my "next door" neighbors are miles down the road and I know no one.
                                I grew up in NNY. It's NY rural. It will not compare to ND, MT, northern ME, etc. rural.

Think of a bunch of small towns 500-1500 people with a large handful of large towns/small cities throw in. Watertown(the city) is roughly 25-30K, Plattsburgh is roughly 20K. Massena is roughly 11K. Ogdensburg is roughly 11K. There are a few other towns( Malone, Potsdam, Canton, etc.) in the 3-8 K range.

If you can live within a small town and don't mind a 40 mile drive to the nearest Old Navy, it's not all that bad. It's surely a lot better than many other border locations. You'd be hard pressed to find a location 'miles' away from the neighbors these days, unless you were looking to live in the mountains or maybe the swamps.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9187 users online. 345 members and 8842 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X