300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
    So I see that CBPO hiring has opened up again today nationwide. I'm currently in the process for Montana. Would I have to redo the entire process if I want to change my location code to Michigan (home)? I still have interest in Montana but I would prefer to work in Detroit. I bet the Detroit ports are more desperate for help compared to Montana.

Hard to say bro. Most bigger ports need people, whether they advertise it or not. problem is, is it worth waiting all over again to be home, or would you rather get right down to it and get fletc and your 2 yrs probationary time over with in montana? whichever you choose, good luck

Comment

• Cbpo B.i.

I failed to mention an injury that I was treated for in the past. I was on percocet while under the doctors care. I have since fully recovered, but didn't want it to negatively affect my B.I.

Will the investigator be able to access my medical records to find this out?

Static

Comment

• Finally i'm done with everything, except the BI, which hasn't even started yet. My quals came in as GS-7.
        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Geographic location codes?

Greetings. I was hoping to receive some help with location codes. A month or so back I took the CBP test in St. Paul, MN. I have already received my results having passed with a 92 with no veteran preference. However, I want to change my location to Chicago, IL. Could someone tell me where I can find the code for Chicago?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by lone_wolf025 View Post
            Greetings. I was hoping to receive some help with location codes. A month or so back I took the CBP test in St. Paul, MN. I have already received my results having passed with a 92 with no veteran preference. However, I want to change my location to Chicago, IL. Could someone tell me where I can find the code for Chicago?

Any and all help is appreciated.
            When I changed my location preference I sent an e-mail the address on the NOR with my request and identifing information. I just used plain English to change my location. I received a confirmation e-mail within a few days.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Ok. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Good Luck to you all. I have 17 years in, and like all jobs it has it's ups and downs. I hope to meeting some of you in the future. Again, good luck and study, study, study.

Comment

• Originally posted by formerNOPD View Post
                  https://cbpmhc.hr-services.org/CBPO/

link for current opening - good until 31 oct.
                  This annoucement from my understanding from my connections at HQ will be filled for positions under CSI/SBI program. Going to try to clarify.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1895DCSkate View Post
                    This annoucement from my understanding from my connections at HQ will be filled for positions under CSI/SBI program. Going to try to clarify.
                    No, it's a nationwide announcement open to the public for all locations.

http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/job...82&SUBMIT1.y=8

Also posted on USAjobs too - only thing differant is that they are not using the USAjobs online application process - this time they are using one just for them. Interesting though.

Comment

• outlookingin, your medical records are totally private. what are you worried about anyway? unless it will effect your abillity at PT or work duties it shouldnt be a problem.

Comment

• well as for me peed in the cup today so all i have left if the BI which will be the first of NOV.

Comment

• looking for some info...

OK. Heres the deal. I am soon retiring from another LE agency, and looking to get my foot in the door with CBP. I have applied for the test in the beginning of November. I have read most of the posts here, so I have gotten a lot of great info, as well as heard a lot of the bad stuff. NOPD's posts are terrific.

Frankly, I cant imagine this place being much worse than where I came from. And in 19 years, I have worked with tons of guys that would p*ss and moan if they didnt have to show up to work and their check was mailed to their house because they had to walk to the mailbox.

Frankly, my days of chasing mutts through the projects and booming doors are behind me, so all of the whos a real cop and who's not is irrelevant to me with this agency.

Anyhow, I wanted to get some idea of what to expect in Glynco, (as much detail as possible). And I would like to get a real idea of days off and what the day to day duty schedule are like for a new employee, and does it improve over time. Is it steady, with steady days off, or does it rotate? Are there three shifts and what are they? I would be looking for assignment at JFK.

I'm sure I'll think of other stuff but thats it for now... Thanks.

Comment

• MODS Move if in the wrong forum.

Crossfingers, something NTEU is working on:
                            Congress Considering LEO Retirement Benefit for CBP Officers
                            Learn How It Could Affect You

The House-passed fiscal 2008 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations bill, H.R. 2638, includes a provision to provide the law enforcement officer (LEO) retirement benefit to CBP Officers prospectively beginning in July 2008. Under this provision, only CBP Officers (CBPO) who serve 20 years post-July 2008 would receive any improved benefit.

Message from the
                            National President
                            After more than two decades of educating Congress about this issue, H.R. 2638 is the most important recognition we have received to date that CBP Officers deserve LEO status.

I have scheduled a conference call for Wednesday, Oct. 31, to discuss this legislation with CBP chapter leaders. If you have any questions or comments, please contact your chapter before then or contact NTEU directly at DHSquestions@nteu.
                            org .

Colleen M. Kelley
                            National President

NTEU has been negotiating with the relevant parties in the House and Senate to improve this provision and provide retirement enhancements for those current CBP Officers who will not be able to serve 20 years under a new system and be at an age to retire early.
                            Under the system being considered:

? Premium and overtime pay coverage is not affected. Half of yearly overtime pay will continue to be included in calculating the CBPO?s high-three salary.

↓
                            Scroll down to see how much your annuity would increase annually under the proposal

? All current CBPOs who elect the new coverage will find their contribution to retirement increased by .5% from 7% to 7.5% and will receive a more generous LEO pension from July 2008 forward.

? Mandatory LEO retirement age of 57 years would be waived for all current CBPOs. The current Federal Employees Retirement System's (FERS) and Civil Service Retirement System's (CSRS) age and service requirements would remain in effect for those who meet those requirements before serving 20 years post July 2008.

? Current CBPOs can retire with full LEO retirement after 20 years of post-July 2008 service at age 50 or 25 years of post-July 2008 service at any age.

? All CBPOs hired after July 2008 would have full LEO retirement, including mandatory retirement at 57 years.

Following is information and examples you can use to estimate what your retirement benefit would be under the LEO provision currently under consideration:

For regular FERS, the pension formula is: 1% x years of service x high three [plus social security and the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP]).

For LEO FERS, the pension formula is 1.7% x years of service x high three [plus social security and TSP].

For regular CSRS, the pension formula is between 1.5% and 2% x years of service x high three.

For LEO CSRS, the pension formula is 2.5% x years of service x high three.

1. As of July 1, 2008, Officer Smith is 50 years old. He has worked for CBP and legacy agency for 20 years. He plans to retire at age 60. His average high-three salary is $50,000.

Retirement calculation:

FERS - 20 years x 50,000 x 1% = $10,000
                            LEO - 10 years x 50,000 x 1.7% = $ 8,500

Expected retirement under the proposed system -$18,500
                            Expected retirement under regular FERS - $15,000
                            $3,500 annual increase for duration of the pension

(In this example, if Officer Smith lives an additional 20 years post-retirement he will receive $70,000 more in pension payments over what he would have received under FERS [$3,500 additional pension x 20 years = $70,000]).

Additional total contribution by CBPO:
                            10 years x 50,000 x .5% = $2,500 total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. As of July 1, 2008, Officer Jones is 40 years old. She has worked for CBP and a legacy agency for 10 years. She plans to retire at age 60 years. Her average high-three salary is $50,000.

Retirement calculation:

FERS - 10 years x 50,000 x 1% = $5,000
                            LEO - 20 years x 50,000 x 1.7% = $17,000

Expected retirement under the proposed system - $22,000
                            Expected retirement under FERS - $15,000
                            $7,000 annual increase for the duration of the pension

Additional contribution by CBPO:
                            20 years x 50,000 x .5% = $5,000 total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. As of July 1, 2008, Officer Ames is 55 years old. He has worked for CBP and a legacy agency for 20 years and is under the CSRS system. He plans to retire at 65 years. His average high-three salary is $50,000.

Retirement calculation:

CSRS - 5 years x 50,000 x 1.5% = $3,750
                            CSRS - 5 years x 50,000 x 1.75% = $4,375
                            CSRS - 10 years x 50,000 x 2% = $10,000
                            LEO - 10 years x 50,000 x 2.5% = $12,500

Expected retirement under the proposed system - $30,625
                            Expected retirement under CSRS - $28,125
                            $2,500 annual increase for the duration of the pension

10 years x 50,000 x .5% = $2,500 total

4. As of July 1, 2008, Officer Cane is 30 years old. He has 5 years of prior service as a CBPO. His average high-three salary is $50,000. He is eligible for full LEO retirement at age 50.

FERS - 5 x 50,000 x 1% = $2,500
                            LEO - 20 x 50,000 x 1.7% = $17,000

Expected retirement under the proposed system - $19,500
                            Expected retirement under FERS - $12,500
                            $7,000 annual increase for the duration of the pension

20 years x 50,000 x .5% = $5,000 total

Comment

• Something else I want to add and maybe NOPD might want to add his experience. Your training does not stop at FLETC. You will have opportunities to do advanced training, at and away from your port. Here is a small list of specialized training I have attended over the years. Also, again you will have opportunities to TDY to other locales, like NOPD did in IRAQ.

Here some of the courses, I have attended over the years.
                              Basic Customs Inspector School/Glynco, Ga/6/94
                              Customs LAN Admin Training/Philadelphia, Pa/9/96
                              Export Training/Baltimore, Md/ 12/97
                              Anti-Terrorism Training/Glynco, Ga (FLETC)/ 4/98
                              Outbound Currency Interdiction Training/JFK,NY/ 8/98
                              Passenger Enforcement Rover Training/Miami, Fl/ 2/99
                              Passenger Analytical Training (PAU)/Glynco, Ga (FLETC)/ 4/99
                              Verbal Judo (Advanced Training)/Jacksonville, Fl/ 6/99
                              International Narcotics Interdiction Training/Ft. Lauderdale, Fl/6/99
                              Senior Inspector School/Glynco, Ga (FLETC)/ 8/99
                              Container Security Initiative Training (CSI)/Miami, Fl/ 3/03
                              Detect Deception Elicit Response Training/Glynco, GA (FLETC)/4/06
                              CBP Targeting Framework Training / Reston, VA / 2004
                              ATS-P Advanced User Course / Newington, VA and Glynco, GA / 2001 and 2000
                              EEO Training, Cultural Awareness Training, Risk Management Training/Dulles, VA /(Various dates)
                              Detect Deception and Elicit Response Training.

I have many more under my belt, from other agencies and local training giving to us. Hopefully you all will get to see more than just a primary booth at your port. Good Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by stiletto6507 View Post
                                outlookingin, your medical records are totally private. what are you worried about anyway? unless it will effect your abillity at PT or work duties it shouldnt be a problem.
                                I'm only worried that because I did not reveal this injury/treatment, it will be held against me. I have no pain and can totally do PT and work duties.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8429 users online. 381 members and 8048 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X