300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 135i View Post
    how can you find out if your BI is in an interim status?
    Hey man... I'm only speakin on my experience thus far... I was granted interim... I know this because CASS said my background was complete the day after I met w/ my investigator for the first time (ie he just started it)..... u'll never officially hear the word interim and there's no official paperwork telling you that u are interim

Comment

• Originally posted by 135i View Post
      how can you find out if your BI is in an interim status?
      When you enter on duty ask your supervisor to pull it up on the computer. He'll know.

Offhand, that's the only way I know of...

Comment

• You don't have to worry about interim clearances because they are a thing of the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
          Who here is excited to see the "homeland security usa" show on abc? I have read many responses to it and many people really don't like it. There is a lot of negative attitudes towards it.
          I'm looking forward to it. I'm curious as to how my current agency will be portrayed...
          Patience is a virtue

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteylaw06 View Post
            I'm curious, has anyone who tested in July of 2008 for the VT - All locations position ever received a TO? or for that matter has anyone from any location received a TO within the last month or so? It seems like MHC has been pretty quiet lately. I'm still debating changing my TO; anyone know which locations seem to be moving through the process the quickest lately?

Specifically I am looking into the following:

1. East Texas - My current GEO
            2. WA - Northern Locations
            3. FL - All other locations (listed Nov. of 2008 I believe)
            4. PA - All locations

All of the above were open when I applied (July of 2008) with the exception of #3.
            I received a TO for VT in late November (tested July 08 with 99 score), and have since done the VBT, medical, and fitness.. CASS hasn't updated any info so everything shows as still pending.
            CBPO
            GEO - Vermont
            Written - 07/08
            NOR - 08/08 - 99 (no vets)
            TO - 11/08
            Forms - 11/08 Completed
            VBT - 12/08 Completed
            Fitness / Medical - 12/08 Completed
            Drug Screen - 1/09 Completed
            Background - 02/09 met BIs - 04/09 Completed
            Quals - 05/09 Completed
            TSU - 05/21/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrangler81 View Post
              Hey man... I'm only speakin on my experience thus far... I was granted interim... I know this because CASS said my background was complete the day after I met w/ my investigator for the first time (ie he just started it)..... u'll never officially hear the word interim and there's no official paperwork telling you that u are interim
              My background was completed right after I talked to my BI when I had checked CASS. It said I was referred to TSU. MY BI had not even turned in my paperwork yet, he was still calling me to clarify things, and told me he should have it in soon. Doesn't make sense that I was granted interim since it looks like I might be hitting my 90 day mark in TSU. I have heard over 5 months for some people, maybe even much longer than that. Just don't quit your job until you get the actual call for an EOD date, because you may be waiting awhile.
              Last edited by DesertEagle1; 12-31-2008, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertEagle1 View Post
                My background was completed right after I talked to my BI when I had checked CASS. It said I was referred to TSU. MY BI had not even turned in my paperwork yet, he was still calling me to clarify things, and told me he should have it in soon. Doesn't make sense that I was granted interim since it looks like I might be hitting my 90 day mark in TSU. I have heard over 5 months for some people, maybe even much longer than that. Just don't quit your job until you get the actual call for an EOD date, because you may be waiting awhile.
                Your interim clearance has little/nothing to do with your time spent waiting in TSU.
                The TSU folk most likely have no idea you've an interim, the 'clearance' folk most likely have no idea of where you're looking to go and what sorts of jam-ups are in store for you in TSU, and if anyone did know...they likely wouldn't care much about it either way.

You're sitting in TSU because TSU doesn't have a training slot funded in your preference area with 'your' name on it. The 'clearance' guy...he's happy he's kicked you out of his office...he's done his job and now collects his paycheck. You can wait forever in TSU as far as he cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  Your interim clearance has little/nothing to do with your time spent waiting in TSU.
                  The TSU folk most likely have no idea you've an interim, the 'clearance' folk most likely have no idea of where you're looking to go and what sorts of jam-ups are in store for you in TSU, and if anyone did know...they likely wouldn't care much about it either way.

You're sitting in TSU because TSU doesn't have a training slot funded in your preference area with 'your' name on it. The 'clearance' guy...he's happy he's kicked you out of his office...he's done his job and now collects his paycheck. You can wait forever in TSU as far as he cares.
                  Actually interim clearances were granted to push certain people through for certain geographic locations(needs of the service). With an interim clearance they are taking a chance on you, and therefore if granted you won't be waiting long. If they had enough people in TSU they wouldn't need interim clearances.

TSU may not need to know, you are correct, they just need to know that everything is complete.
                  I did not say anything about having an interim clearance, actually the opposite. I actually stated that I do not think I was granted an interim clearance, even though my background was completed b4 my BI turned in all the paperwork... but then again my BI went real quick from having been previously employed as BPA.

I see my statement about the "sense" part that could have been confusing. No I do not think I was given an interim, nor can I say that I would ever really want one.

A training slot is just one aspect of the wait. They could have the funding, and say that there is no vacancy, but when it comes down to it, it's Washington or HQ who says it's your turn. There are many ports that "could" be given the funding for training, but have certain locations having higher priority. For instance Miami, Detroit, Newark, LAX, Long Beach, etc have recently gotten much attention, even though there are other ports that are hurting for people.

There are a few hundred poe's across the nation...I forgot the exact number and more are opening up. Unfortunately we can only have 48 per class and so HQ has to choose with care in the composition of class 925, 926...930

As far as waiting in TSU forever, that is why I said "don't quit your job."
                  Last edited by DesertEagle1; 12-31-2008, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• deleted deleted deleted
                    Last edited by DesertEagle1; 12-31-2008, 11:57 AM. Reason: none

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                      can you reject the job offer based on an interim clearance? Can you ask to wait to be fully cleared to accept? Seems reasonable since most people probably have other jobs that they can't just quit with no sense of security with a interim clearance job offer.

i actually declined my offer due to the interim clearance thing and that they offered me a port that i wasn't really interested in. you get another offer after your BI is fully cleared and if you choose not to work that port, you will need to reapply.

sd619

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertEagle1 View Post
                        Actually interim clearances were granted to push certain people through for certain geographic locations(needs of the service). With an interim clearance they are taking a chance on you, and therefore if granted you won't be waiting long. If they had enough people in TSU they wouldn't need interim clearances.

TSU may not need to know, you are correct, they just need to know that everything is complete.
                        I did not say anything about having an interim clearance, actually the opposite. I actually stated that I do not think I was granted an interim clearance, even though my background was completed b4 my BI turned in all the paperwork... but then again my BI went real quick from having been previously employed as BPA.

I see my statement about the "sense" part that could have been confusing. No I do not think I was given an interim, nor can I say that I would ever really want one.

A training slot is just one aspect of the wait. They could have the funding, and say that there is no vacancy, but when it comes down to it, it's Washington or HQ who says it's your turn. There are many ports that "could" be given the funding for training, but have certain locations having higher priority. For instance Miami, Detroit, Newark, LAX, Long Beach, etc have recently gotten much attention, even though there are other ports that are hurting for people.

There are a few hundred poe's across the nation...I forgot the exact number and more are opening up. Unfortunately we can only have 48 per class and so HQ has to choose with care in the composition of class 925, 926...930

As far as waiting in TSU forever, that is why I said "don't quit your job."
                        Actually...I'm reasonably sure the the interim clearances were handed out across-the-board, so to speak, to those deemed qualified and were not limited to certain geographic locations.

Being an ex PA, you more or less fall into a special class. They may have just updated and reactivated your old BI, if it was last done fairly recently. Or, they may have granted you an interim...who knows? As you are no doubt aware, full BI's aren't done all that quickly. A person without some sort of current/previous clearance from CBP/DHS isn't going to see his done before/within days of meeting his BI investigator.

There are 327(or 326...I've seen both numbers, usually 327) ports across the US. You're right, it is mostly about priority as set by DC and has little to do with the state of affairs going on at the port ground level in any particular moment.

Comment

• Got the "call" today. EOD Jan 20th FLETC FEB19th. ATL Airport.

Tested Aug 16th
                          Cleared CASS 24th DEC

Comment

• I wish you all a Happy New Year guys!...
                            Lets hope we all get the call soon...
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLbound View Post
                              Got the "call" today. EOD Jan 20th FLETC FEB19th. ATL Airport.

Tested Aug 16th
                              Cleared CASS 24th DEC
                              Congrats! Currently on my third day at pre-acad. I can sure use more caffeine or sugar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
                                Congrats! Currently on my third day at pre-acad. I can sure use more caffeine or sugar.
                                wait till u get to the imm. law cd... oh baby hahaha...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6968 users online. 334 members and 6634 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X