300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah...question.

Has anyone else here had Lasik? Has anyone ever been denied entry due to Lasik? I just had my eyes "re-tested" and the doc said I was good to go.
    Patience is a virtue

Comment

• Originally posted by SevenSixTwo View Post
      Ah...question.

Has anyone else here had Lasik? Has anyone ever been denied entry due to Lasik? I just had my eyes "re-tested" and the doc said I was good to go.

I had LASIK about 4 years ago, best decision I ever made. The only hitch I had when going through the process for IEA, in regards to LASIK, was I just had to see my eye doctor and have him fill out a form saying there were no adverse consequences from the surgery.
      ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by SevenSixTwo View Post
        Ah...question.

I had lasik. Actually just passed the 3 month mark and was medically cleared 2 weeks after mailing in the form.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
          I had lasik. Actually just passed the 3 month mark and was medically cleared 2 weeks after mailing in the form.
          Thanks for the responses guys...

I had Lasik earlier in the year and turned in my form about 2 weeks ago.

Waiting.........patiently.....
          Patience is a virtue

Comment

• BTW - audi0xpl0de - you wouldn't happen to be on any other boards like AZ or AW would you?
            Patience is a virtue

Comment

• Not sure what those are. I've been on here, 911, Real, and delphi.

Comment

• I passed all my CASS requirements about a week ago, but nothing was changing in CASS. I sent an email today to the DEU and they forwarded it to "Staffing". I just checked CASS and it says I was sent to TSU on the 24th of DEC. Any one have info on GA GEO pref? I want to go to the airport if possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                  It would be better if they just took the time to do the bi and fully clear you before hiring you.
                  From what I've heard you're getting your wish. They've stopped handing out interim clearances because of the troubles interims have caused.
                  Not that that likely makes you any happier.

This might. Most NOPA's can be beaten. If they really thought you had no chance they'd have found you unsuitable.
                  You'll need to throw in a little extra effort into things but ultimately you should come on top.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    From what I've heard you're getting your wish. They've stopped handing out interim clearances because of the troubles interims have caused.
                    Not that that likely makes you any happier.
                    That is what I was afraid of. So, those of us awaiting the EOD call can possibly expect several months wait?

Comment

• Mia

There are 30 new hires in preacademy in MIA right now, and there is probably about 7 of them that have interims. They get behind somewhat because of all the training they can't complete on TECS.

Comment

• Originally posted by SavRhiBri View Post
                        Wow, 2 days is fast. I am closing in on a month. I know the message says 30-60 days is the norm but I thought I remembered some Miami folks getting theirs within days. Maybe the holidays is delaying mine. Thanks.
                        That means you were referred to scheduling around the time I got referred which was mid november. There were new hires starting for the last 3 mondays including my class on dec 08th, but yesterday was the first monday without new hires. But don't worry MIA is huge and we're about to become the 2nd busiest airport in the country after JFK I'm sure you'll get the call soon. Some CBPOs fresh out of FLETC are offered OT daily and they just came back about 4 weeks ago. I can't wait to start hitting that OT.

Comment

• Miramarnelson,

Good to know, thanks.

Comment

• Adjudication Guideline Link

Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                            Interim clearance is BS, unless you lived in a bubble your whole life.
                            This is for you and anyone else worried about their BI's...
                            these are declassified Adjudication Guidelines the Adjudicators use to find candidates unsuitable. Read them over and you "might" find something in there that could give you an idea as to what they might have found on you, these are very helpful to understanding where it is they are coming from and how to answer your NOPA when the time comes.

http://www.rjhresearch.com/ADR/index.htm

Enjoy the read!....
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by SavRhiBri View Post
                              That is what I was afraid of. So, those of us awaiting the EOD call can possibly expect several months wait?
                              Maybe...that'll depend on the circumstances surrounding 'you'.

They were only handing out a limited number of interim clearances to begin with. For most, dropping the interim won't mean all that much to them...as it wasn't ever a working option for them to begin with.

Most likely 'you' had several of months of wait time ahead of 'you' anyways...

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
                                There are 30 new hires in preacademy in MIA right now, and there is probably about 7 of them that have interims. They get behind somewhat because of all the training they can't complete on TECS.
                                how can you find out if your BI is in an interim status?
                                CBP officer
                                Referred to EOD 07/07/08
                                Newark, NJ
                                Nov '07 tester
                                FLETC class 923

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7631 users online. 275 members and 7356 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X