300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mlrtme View Post
    So I rec'd my results last week and I'm waiting for the next step. I applied for the Seattle, WA area and was wondering if anyone has any advice. Also, I'm happy with my score of 92, but not sure how that measures up. Does anyone know how good that is considered? Also, how can I apply for other areas that are open? I read other members comments about how they had several areas on their interests list...
    I just took the test today and got a 93. I was told it was the best score amongst the group. Less then half who showed up passed.

Apparently anything over 90 is very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
      I happened to call MHC the day my background cleared so they told me they would refer my file to TSU. Then I got the call 2 days later with a job offer, my EOD was DEC 08 I'll start FLETC JAN 08 through APR 22. Good luck!!!!!
      Wow, 2 days is fast. I am closing in on a month. I know the message says 30-60 days is the norm but I thought I remembered some Miami folks getting theirs within days. Maybe the holidays is delaying mine. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew23 View Post
        I am an IEA with ICE if I was OI there would be no way
        Ah, my bad. I hear ICE and I think 1811. No chance of that for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by wastingaway32 View Post
          Does anyone know how deep a BI really goes?
          I had a job that was not on the books and I can not prove it because the company went out of business. Will that hinder my clearance?
          any opinion is welcomed.
          The fact that you took a job "off the books," assuming you were paid under the table...could be problematic. Did you record it on your 86? Did you report it to the IRS?...

Comment

• yes I did and I also gave the investigator the person's name and phone#.
            I have not heard from him since we met a week ago. I wonder if I am toast.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
              I have no idea the reason. DC sent an email to tsu and had tsu contact me to tell me there is an issue and that's it. TSU knows nothing else and I am just left waiting. I just don't know why tsu would contact me and just say you are on hold due to a security issue. Why wouldn't the adjudicator call me and tell me and atleast tell me the reason why.

Now, is my fletc date cancelled now? Do I have to resolve this issue and then be sent back to tsu?
              Hunter,
              Whatever issue came up will be addressed formally on a NOPA, if it was something that could've been cleared over the phone it would've ben done by now. With your EOD cancelled, everything else is as well, you are now on "limbo" and at the mercy of your adjudicator. If he/she decides to address your case ASAP or dig further on your file to look for more suitability issues, after all possible issues are found your adjudicator will write up the letter, submit it to his supervisor for approval and then sent out to you. Even if you are able to get a hold on your adjudicator they will not discuss the issues found over the phone, you will have to wait for the NOPA to be in your hands to find out. I can tell you from personal experience that after talking to my adjudicator for about 2 months before my NOPA was sent out to me, she never once discussed any of the issues, she only said that she was going over my file in detail and preparing the letter...and when I asked directly she said I would find out when I had the letter in my hands...
              Right now all you can do is wait, don't stress about finding out what it was they found, and don't even try getting MHC to tell you anything cause they really don't know anything regarding "security". Just keep in mind that if it was something that could not be beaten they would've called you and asked you to withdraw your offer, remember you still have a chance to fight what ever it is they found... and believe me sometimes it's really stupid!...

On a side note,
              I sent the response to my NOPA in Oct 28(Faxed and mailed), and I'm still waiting on them to say "YES or NO"...
              Last edited by yoda; 12-29-2008, 10:31 PM.
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Well just got some bad news. I had a pre feletc reporting date of jan. 5 and I just got a call from tsu and he had to pull me because he had got a email from dc regarding my bi and that there was an issue. He said he doesn't know anything about it, but they should be sending me some paper work regarding this issue. I am really nervous now and pretty bummed out. Anyone else have this happen?
                Man that sucks! (been there). Did you have a interim clearance or were you assigned a BI first? Anyhow, keep your head up!

Comment

I guess I had an interim clearance. I put in my 2 weeks for my current job and had to tell my manager I need to keep working now. It would be better if they just took the time to do the bi and fully clear you before hiring you. The stress and frustration in the way they do it makes absolutely no sense.
                  I see. I started EOD today and the last thing I need is to get pulled out. BI was apparently turned in to DC more then a week ago. Had any records of sort?

Comment

• The most I see for any of these things is priors, drugs or credit. You don't have to tell us, but if it's one of the three, then you know what you got pulled for. Then again, people have been NOPAed for much MUCH less.
                    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Fletc Cancelled

Yes, FLETC date is cancelled. It is a security thing and they will not tell you anything. It can resolve in a week or 18 months, mine took about 15 months when this happened to me. It really sucks, was there anything in your background that was questionable? They told me there was no issue with my security after all the waiting,I guess they did not want me to know the issue they were concerned with.
                      Last edited by MSL; 12-30-2008, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ry greve View Post
                        Ah, my bad. I hear ICE and I think 1811. No chance of that for you?
                        No, I was saying if I was 1811 no way I would leave it. Hopefully a few years down the road after I get some more experience I can get 1811
                        ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

• I'm waiting for my BI to get completed now- I heard this recent hiring push is due to the end of the year approaching and that there may be deadlines CBP is trying to beat (I submitted my hiring packet dec 2 and have jumped thru all hoops since then)- now I wait. Ideas?
                          - Zebulon -

Test: 04/08
                          NOR: 05/08
                          TO: 11/08
                          VBT: 12/08 - Passed
                          Medical: 12/08 -Passed
                          Physical: 12/08 - Passed
                          Drug test: 12/08 - Passed
                          Qualifications : cleared for GS7 12/08
                          Background: in progress
                          Geo pref- Buffalo

Comment

I guess I had an interim clearance. I put in my 2 weeks for my current job and had to tell my manager I need to keep working now. It would be better if they just took the time to do the bi and fully clear you before hiring you. The stress and frustration in the way they do it makes absolutely no sense.
                            Yeah thats a real drag and it's definitely a little stupid the way some things get processed. I know it's not going to make you feel better, but at the very least your situation is better than getting yanked from pre-academy in front of your future co-workers or God forbid it happens at fletc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zebulon View Post
                              I'm waiting for my BI to get completed now- I heard this recent hiring push is due to the end of the year approaching and that there may be deadlines CBP is trying to beat (I submitted my hiring packet dec 2 and have jumped thru all hoops since then)- now I wait. Ideas?
                              I'm in the same boat as you. I just called the MHC and spoke to a nice lady with regards to the status of my application, which is in the security office. She told me that it generally takes between 4-7 months from the time the background is submitted to the security office for a clearance. It's been about a month and a half since mine has been there. I might be in a predicament though; I am scheduled to deploy to Iraq in September 2009 (Natl Guard). I would have to go on inactive guard while attending the police academy (fletc). The Army won't allow me to go on inactive guard on or after June 2009 so I must be hired prior. If I do then I may not deploy with my unit. I'm not sure how that's all going to play out. If it comes down to it I would choose to serve my country as civilian LE here stateside.

Comment

• It has been about 2 months since my BI has submitted my paperwork to HQ. This wait is killing me.

Oh well...patience is a virtue.
                                Patience is a virtue

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8707 users online. 426 members and 8281 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X