Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I finally got my T.O. for Chicago. I tested in Nov. of '07 . Been a long wait but finally got a T.O. Now I'm just hoping that most of my process from the BP app. I did will transfer and that the things have not expired yet. But I won't hold my breath.

Comment

• I tested in July, TO in August, and they finally contacted me to schedule my medical test. well actually, i missed the call and heard the voice mail. i returned the call to find out that they are closed. Anyways im just glad my process is moving along.

Comment

• Hey everyone. I am new to the site and was wondering if anyone could give me insight as to how difficult or easy for that matter it is to get on at a port in Montana. I took my test the 10th and got my NOR today. It wasn't near as high as I was hoping for. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Comment

• This is the NS straight up answer. You can apply for the CBP Enforcement Officer position if you are 37 or under as of July 8, 2008, when the Public Law went into effect. You must also be a GS-11 and have served in a 1895 Series position within the last 5 years. (or was it July 7th? whatever you guys get the point)

This is off the announcement on USAJOBS

If you are existing CBPO and are over 37 at the time the Public Law went into effect you do not qualify.

Originally posted by kc12 View Post
          As I understand it when we received the 6(c) our "6(c) clock" stopped. If you were over the age limit for the position you are applying for then you would not qualify. I read something a bit confusing in the recent CBPO(E) announcement. It appeared that as long as you are a current CBPO with 6(c) retirement then you would qualify for the CBPO(E) position. I would contact HR though to make sure.
          Last edited by OVERCBPII; 12-27-2008, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by malfurr View Post
            Hey everyone. I am new to the site and was wondering if anyone could give me insight as to how difficult or easy for that matter it is to get on at a port in Montana. I took my test the 10th and got my NOR today. It wasn't near as high as I was hoping for. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

It depends.

Short answer; probably easier than most places. Especially if you're willing to settle into eastern MT. MT is one of the places that tends to be chronically short on applicants...surprising isn't it?

At least you know what you're likely getting yourself into, unlike the poor saps from So. Cal. and Atlanta, etc.

Comment

Hey everyone. I am new to the site and was wondering if anyone could give me insight as to how difficult or easy for that matter it is to get on at a port in Montana. I took my test the 10th and got my NOR today. It wasn't near as high as I was hoping for. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Very easy to get Montana. This would be your call, but if they call and say all they have is somewhere else, politely ask for Montana. There are bunches of openings. Depnding on where you wanna go, call the local port director or GreatFalls office and tell them you are in the running and want MT. They can make some calls.

Comment

• Does anyone know about situation in Newark, NJ? Both port and airport; how difficult is it to get there? How long is the wait? Do they need people at all? New Jersey was not listed on the last CBP vacancy announcement. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
                CBPO Timeline
                Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
                  Does anyone know about situation in Newark, NJ? Both port and airport; how difficult is it to get there? How long is the wait? Do they need people at all? New Jersey was not listed on the last CBP vacancy announcement. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
                  some o us tested early-late 2007 and recently got the call in Dec '08
                  its a large port, but the again probably alot of applicants too. if its not listed in the annoucement, that might mean there's a list of applicants waiting for Newark.

good luck with getting Newark.
                  CBP officer
                  Referred to EOD 07/07/08
                  Newark, NJ
                  Nov '07 tester
                  FLETC class 923

Comment

• got an offer for Maine.

Are there one or two duty locations where most get assigned to?

Comment

Montana needs bodies. I talked to the Sweetgrass port director at a recruiting conference and he stated some specific numbers but that was a year ago. A friend and I tested November 07. He scored an 89 and I received a 104 (vet preference). He qualified for a GS 5 and I a GS 7. He graduated FLETC a couple of weeks ago and was working Sweetgrass 2 days after graduation. I am still waiting for my file to complete and be sent to TSU.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjcek View Post
                        got an offer for Maine.

Are there one or two duty locations where most get assigned to?
                        Calais and Houlton are the major ones that usually are offered. You could also get Jackman, Vanceboro, or a couple others.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                          Calais and Houlton are the major ones that usually are offered. You could also get Jackman, Vanceboro, or a couple others.
                          so little chance of Portland?

Comment

• Originally posted by mjcek View Post
                            so little chance of Portland?
                            I'd say very little. Not that big of a port and not many people willing to give it up once they get it. Not saying it's impossible, but it's highly unlikely.

Comment

• Does anyone have any idea on the availability of jobs up in New York (Albany, Alexandria Bay, etc...)? Took the test in August 2008, TO in early October 2008, Fitness in December 2008, Medical in December 2008, Meeting with investigator next Tuesday (December 30). Any insight would help. Seems like this is moving quick. I am just trying to figure out how desireable a place it is up there.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by IronHorse0311 View Post
                                Does anyone have any idea on the availability of jobs up in New York (Albany, Alexandria Bay, etc...)? Took the test in August 2008, TO in early October 2008, Fitness in December 2008, Medical in December 2008, Meeting with investigator next Tuesday (December 30). Any insight would help. Seems like this is moving quick. I am just trying to figure out how desireable a place it is up there.

Thanks
                                What in particular are you looking for? NY? NY outside of NYC? NY outside of NYC and Buffalo?

Anything outside of NYC is most likely Buffalo. Anything that's not Buffalo is most likely Champlain, A-Bay, or Massena. Champlain just got/is getting major port construction. Massena is getting new construction too. Both are likely to be hiring for new positions at some point. Albany, Rochester and Syracuse are smaller ports and unlikely to hire from the outside. Expect most if not all of those positions to be filled by current people moving out of Buffalo, Champlain, etc.

Other than that...expect fairly rural(other than Buffalo) small/large towns. Traffic will depend on the port. Massena is more or less straddling an Indian reservation, that adds a special flavor to the job there. Champlain is pretty much the main hub for Montreal/NYC traffic. Ogdensburg and Trout River are reasonably moderate sized and slower.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5701 users online. 228 members and 5473 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X