300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronHorse0311 View Post
    Thanks audi0xplode. So on the SF-86 we only went back 7 years. I will stick on that. I appreciate the quick response.
    I believe they go back 10 years, but other than that they just basically go over a sf-86 style document with alot of yes/no answers. Easy business, just relax and have all your dates and info in order beforehand.

Comment

• After one receives a firm offer, what happens at the pre-academy, and how long is it before you actually attend FLETC?

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
        After one receives a firm offer, what happens at the pre-academy, and how long is it before you actually attend FLETC?
        You do alot of video based training that is supposed to prepare you for fletc. But it is a waste of time because you learn it all at fletc anyway. Besides that you do alot of standing around and getting in the way of actual officers. The shorter time you are in pre-academy the better, if you ask me. Normally its between 3 and 5 weeks.

Comment

• IF CBPO's are considered LEO's, why are they paid according to the General pay scale rather than the Law Enforcement Officer pay scale?

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
            Originally Posted by winnerwinner
            What's the worst case scenario for changing Geo Pref while waiting for your BI to be completed?
            Thanks!

I think what he's asking is if you turn down your TO and re activate under a new announcement while your background is in process/being cleared do they 1.Kill the BI and start a new one when you get a new TO 2.continue with the Investigation or 3. put it on hold and just pick up where they left off when/if the new TO comes in.
            Don't turn down the TO. Hold onto it until there's a firm offer with the BI completed. Then turn down the offer, if necessary.

Everything will be completed and you'll just sit in limbo for a few moths while you work your way into a TO at the new location...or not. There's no guarantee that the new location will offer you a TO, after all.

Comment

IF CBPO's are considered LEO's, why are they paid according to the General pay scale rather than the Law Enforcement Officer pay scale?
              It has to do with COPRA, which is the pay system that CBPO's are paid under. If CBPO's went to the GL scale they would have lost double time for overtime. That would not have been a good thing.

FB

Comment

IF CBPO's are considered LEO's, why are they paid according to the General pay scale rather than the Law Enforcement Officer pay scale?
                *Sigh*

This question gets so old...

For the purposes of pay and retirement, CBPO's are not considered "LEO's".

Pluto is no longer a planet. Pickle relish was considered by the USDA to be a vegetable. Emperor Caligula supposedly married his horse and gave it a seat in the Roman Senate.

Don't look for a common sense explanation, there isn't any...except, maybe to save money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                  It has to do with COPRA, which is the pay system that CBPO's are paid under. If CBPO's went to the GL scale they would have lost double time for overtime. That would not have been a good thing.

FB
                  I'd make more money under GL pay with AUO. Can you honestly say that most ports in VT wouldn't?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    I'd make more money under GL pay with AUO. Can you honestly say that most ports in VT wouldn't?
                    That wouldn't be the case in ports where they are busy 24/7/365. There's enough OT for GS-7s and even GS-5s (with a little more effort and the night/Sunday differentials) to clear between $60k-$70k. A GS-11 averages close to the 6 figure plus mark - over it if he has a couple of steps. It's blood-money but it works out better than AUO.

That's just an average look. There are money whores who are already have $15k in OT money since the start of the new fiscal yr.
                    ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• Cass hotline updated. I have been referred to TSU. I hope my GS-7 qualification does not hold me up much for a slot with Miami..??

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        *Sigh*

This question gets so old...

For the purposes of pay and retirement, CBPO's are not considered "LEO's".

Pluto is no longer a planet. Pickle relish was considered by the USDA to be a vegetable. Emperor Caligula supposedly married his horse and gave it a seat in the Roman Senate.

Don't look for a common sense explanation, there isn't any...except, maybe to save money.
                        That is the best answer I have seen in a long time...

Comment

• Okay...I am in the process with another individual and I am tired of hearing this question from him, will any kind of steroid usage hurt an applicant in the process if it were 8 years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
                            That wouldn't be the case in ports where they are busy 24/7/365. There's enough OT for GS-7s and even GS-5s (with a little more effort and the night/Sunday differentials) to clear between $60k-$70k. A GS-11 averages close to the 6 figure plus mark - over it if he has a couple of steps. It's blood-money but it works out better than AUO.

That's just an average look. There are money whores who are already have $15k in OT money since the start of the new fiscal yr.
                            I realize that. An officer in the 'right' port who sees all the OT he wants would take a royal beating if AUO came into play.

There are 327 ports though, most ports don't have much opportunity to make 15K in a year...much less cap out.

Comment

• Hey everyone, long time stalker.. first time poster here. I wanted to thank everyone for their sage words. After a few months of anxious waiting, I got the call this morning for the Los Angeles/ Long Beach area. They told me they had two spots for LAX and a few for LB Seaport. So I chose LB Seaport, since its right down the street for me.

This has definitely been the best Christmas present ever. Hope to see some of you at the LB Port and around FLETC.

I know its easier said than done, but hang in there everyone.
                              POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDAR

Comment

• Originally posted by IronHorse0311 View Post
                                Okay...I am in the process with another individual and I am tired of hearing this question from him, will any kind of steroid usage hurt an applicant in the process if it were 8 years ago?
                                It won't help.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12666 users online. 497 members and 12169 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X