Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all current/former FLETC trainees: Not to assume that i will be going - however if im offered a position, is there internet connection in the dormitories? also how is cell phone coverage in the area? Im an AT&T subscriber with a data plan, how is the reception and what are the rules regarding cell phones? Thanks!
    - Zebulon -

Test: 04/08
    NOR: 05/08
    TO: 11/08
    VBT: 12/08 - Passed
    Medical: 12/08 -Passed
    Physical: 12/08 - Passed
    Drug test: 12/08 - Passed
    Qualifications : cleared for GS7 12/08
    Background: in progress
    Geo pref- Buffalo

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
      LOL! Many of us fell into that trap. Yes however if you choose VA you'll be going to dulles. Yes we officially fall under the Port of Washington DC which is under the Baltimore Field Office. I questioned that too when my offer was made.
      Where do you go if you choose Washington DC? Or is that geographic preference not listed on the announcements? The reason I ask is because I took my VBT at Dulles and made another trip to the area to visit. I really like Loudon County and am considering applying there on the next announcement (I EOD on 12/29 for Philly).
      Last edited by gms632; 12-22-2008, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OVERCBPII View Post
        SAP123 COngrats! you've made a great choice and the better choice. BP is the way to go. I'm an Enforcement Officer with CBP and I love it! But to get here it is a very narrow and political path, very few can get to this position (500 nationwide) BP offers incredible teams, details, TDYs, opportunities. Make the best of it and then take off like a rocket. Good Show!

You make it sound like CBPE is the only team available within CBP that offers one any sort of job satisfaction. Don't try to kid anyone here, there are also interesting jobs, special teams and TDYs within CBP that are available to motivated officers who are sharp enough and willing to fully apply themselves.

Yes there are political considerations and even favoritism to a degree. But you must know (if you've ever had a corporate job or worked for another large governmental agency) that's the way the game is played each and every time. And yes, that includes the Border Patrol. You nut-up and learn to deal if you want to advance - or you stagnate in the same lot until you're fed up enough to quit and transfer out of the outfit (like going over to CBPE).
        ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
          Does the Buffalo Field Office typically have a backlog of people in TSU, or do people recycle through faster because it is busy port of entry?
          Buffalo people will be moving through the system at the same speed as anybody else applying to a similar sized port. Compared to a tiny port...like Ambrose, ND...maybe faster. Maybe not, hard to say...it'll depend on the circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by winnerwinner View Post
            What's the worst case scenario for changing Geo Pref while waiting for your BI to be completed?
            Thanks!
            You sit and wait for months/years in TSU waiting for one of two spots in Topeka to open. Or...MHC refuses to change you preference because it wasn't on your original announcement, causing you to wait months for a new announcement...then you sit and wait for months/years in TSU waiting for one of two spots in Topeka to open.

You haven't been exactly forthcoming with much info here. Without an idea of where you're looking to go I don't see much of a way to help you.

Mer.

Comment

• Thanks Merlin

Comment

• Originally posted by gms632 View Post
                Where do you go if you choose Washington DC? Or is that geographic preference not listed on the announcements? The reason I ask is because I took my VBT at Dulles and made another trip to the area to visit. I really like Loudon County and am considering applying there on the next announcement (I EOD on 12/29 for Philly).
                Don't know if DC is listed on the announcement, but if you choose DC you'll be going to Dulles. Good luck in Philly!
                Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
                  Quick question, during EOD pre-academy, is New Years Day considered a holiday (day off)?
                  When I talked to the TSU they told me it is up to the individual port. When I talked to the Philadelphia contact person she told me we will NOT be working New Years Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zebulon View Post
                    To all current/former FLETC trainees: Not to assume that i will be going - however if im offered a position, is there internet connection in the dormitories? also how is cell phone coverage in the area? Im an AT&T subscriber with a data plan, how is the reception and what are the rules regarding cell phones? Thanks!
                    There is a phone line in the dorms. That is it for government supplied connections. When I was there the contractor offices at end of building 96 had a wireless router installed. We could get wireless if we sat near the contractor's building. You can also get WiFi at the student center.

I can't comment about the cell reception at other buildings, but I had great reception in my room in building 96. I also had AT&T. We could use our cell phones during lunch and after duty hours.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally Posted by winnerwinner
                      What's the worst case scenario for changing Geo Pref while waiting for your BI to be completed?
                      Thanks!

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      You sit and wait for months/years in TSU waiting for one of two spots in Topeka to open. Or...MHC refuses to change you preference because it wasn't on your original announcement, causing you to wait months for a new announcement...then you sit and wait for months/years in TSU waiting for one of two spots in Topeka to open.

You haven't been exactly forthcoming with much info here. Without an idea of where you're looking to go I don't see much of a way to help you.

Mer.
                      I think what he's asking is if you turn down your TO and re activate under a new announcement while your background is in process/being cleared do they 1.Kill the BI and start a new one when you get a new TO 2.continue with the Investigation or 3. put it on hold and just pick up where they left off when/if the new TO comes in.
                      Last edited by imlikeaninja; 12-23-2008, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• Anyone know how to get in contact with TSU?

Comment

• Hey Everyone. I am new to this site. I am in process for CBPO and have completed all but my drug test and BI. I meet with the BI on Tuesday Jan.2. Can anyone give me any insight as to the questions they may ask? I want to be as prepared as possible. Does it cover 7 years for all questions? If anyone who has been interviewed could give me a heads up, I would appreciate it. Semper FI!

Comment

• Originally posted by IronHorse0311 View Post
                            Hey Everyone. I am new to this site. I am in process for CBPO and have completed all but my drug test and BI. I meet with the BI on Tuesday Jan.2. Can anyone give me any insight as to the questions they may ask? I want to be as prepared as possible. Does it cover 7 years for all questions? If anyone who has been interviewed could give me a heads up, I would appreciate it. Semper FI!
                            You'll be going over your SF-86. They don't deviate too much off that unless they have specific reason to.

Comment

• Thanks audi0xplode. So on the SF-86 we only went back 7 years. I will stick on that. I appreciate the quick response.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
                                Anyone know how to get in contact with TSU?
                                They call you...

If you are in TSU, you should have a letter with their number. No one else should have their number.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7804 users online. 370 members and 7434 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X