300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wrangler81 View Post
    u start getting paid once at pre-academy, correct?
    Correct.

Comment

• well 16 weeks of FLETC has come and gone... Glad to be outta there... now back to reality back in Miami.
      Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
      Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
      Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
        well 16 weeks of FLETC has come and gone... Glad to be outta there... now back to reality back in Miami.
        any comments on what life is like at FLETC and things you wish you would have taken? any warnings??

Comment

• Make that 4 for East Texas, hoping for Houston. referred to TSU on Oct 3rd, hoping to get called soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertEagle1 View Post
            Hey SAP123, I read a post earlier that you indicated you got offered a BPA position in Indio. You talked to the hiring center and they told you someone would be calling from CBP for possible vacancies? You must have turned down the BPA position by now or the offer has been withdrawn. I wasn't really clear. Oh, I see that your EOD date is Jan 8 for BP. Will the hiring center call you for CBPO while your in the academy? I thought that they wouldn't call u or continue your process until your out. I don't know what they told you on the phone though.

Indio didn't sound too interesting huh? BPA is great pay no matter what station you go to, plus you get your GL 7 or 9 in 7 months after EOD. Just getting through their academy is pretty painful though for quite a few trainees. If your in top physical condition it will make things a lot less stressful. It is also very paramilitary and sometimes feels like your at bootcamp. Of course CBPO and BPA are almost two totally different jobs but with the same mission.

Good luck in your decision making process, wether it's BPA or CBPO. I'm sure with San Diego being such a big port, they are always hiring and needing people. It's just a matter of time.....short I hope.
            Sorry I missed this post.

Yea, I've accepted USBP, while still remaining hopeful about a CBPO gig coming through. It's not that I wouldn't mind Indio (or anywhere really), it's more that I need to be around San Diego for personal reasons. I tried to see if I could swing a closer location, but no go. Indio apparently is a great station with great things to offer, so by no means am I unhappy with the assignment in that regard.

CBPO didn't have anything to offer me when I accepted the offer. That being said, they told me I would still be active in their system to accept an EOD call. The only part where it gets tricky is that they don't usually call trainees while they are in Artesia for logistical reasons (it's a business hours thing). If I enter USBP academy I would most likely be getting the call after I finish it.
            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
              Sorry I missed this post.

Yea, I've accepted USBP, while still remaining hopeful about a CBPO gig coming through. It's not that I wouldn't mind Indio (or anywhere really), it's more that I need to be around San Diego for personal reasons. I tried to see if I could swing a closer location, but no go. Indio apparently is a great station with great things to offer, so by no means am I unhappy with the assignment in that regard.

CBPO didn't have anything to offer me when I accepted the offer. That being said, they told me I would still be active in their system to accept an EOD call. The only part where it gets tricky is that they don't usually call trainees while they are in Artesia for logistical reasons (it's a business hours thing). If I enter USBP academy I would most likely be getting the call after I finish it.
              What, you saying your gona leave lovely Sacramento....Lol Best of luck Man!

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                What do I need to know about bringing my laptop to fletc?

Also, I arrive at fletc on thursday feb 12, will the academy start friday or the following monday?
                good question... in addition.. if i'm driving down.. lookin at about a 10-12 hr drive... do they just give u one day to do it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrangler81 View Post
                  good question... in addition.. if i'm driving down.. lookin at about a 10-12 hr drive... do they just give u one day to do it?
                  any chance you driving down from NJ? i happened to ask the same ? on the other forum.
                  CBP officer
                  Referred to EOD 07/07/08
                  Newark, NJ
                  Nov '07 tester
                  FLETC class 923

Comment

• Health Insurance Question

My EOD is Jan. 5th. How long before I will be issued health insurance? Thanks for any responses. I tried to search the thread and I couldn't find any info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Campbell3923 View Post
                      My EOD is Jan. 5th. How long before I will be issued health insurance? Thanks for any responses. I tried to search the thread and I couldn't find any info.
                      Also, what kind of coverage do they offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Campbell3923 View Post
                        You should find all that out during pre-academy. They will have you filling out plenty of paperwork, including health insurance benefits, life insurance, and TSP contributions.

Comment

• SAP123 COngrats! you've made a great choice and the better choice. BP is the way to go. I'm an Enforcement Officer with CBP and I love it! But to get here it is a very narrow and political path, very few can get to this position (500 nationwide) BP offers incredible teams, details, TDYs, opportunities. Make the best of it and then take off like a rocket. Good Show!

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                            What do I need to know about bringing my laptop to fletc?

Also, I arrive at fletc on thursday feb 12, will the academy start friday or the following monday?
                            Your first day will be friday. It works out good cuz you get your uni's and books and stuff and get to meet everyone. Then you have the weekend to familiarize yourself with the campus and just to relax. On monday you start the actually learning.

Comment

• I need some advice: I’ve registered for vacancy announcement that closed in November. It listed many locations, but no New Jersey. The nearest was Virginia, and that is what I’ve picked.

I’ve just received my NOR. On the back of the letter it lists things that one may need to update (address, phone, ect.) but the point 4 reads:

4. Geographic Location Code Change to:____ (only one code is allowed).

Does that mean I can request to have my location changed to NJ even if it was not listed in the original announcement?

I have not received TO. If NJ was not listed in the announcement does it mean that they don’t need any more people there?

And if offered TO and I’ll accept VA, how long will it be before I’ll be able to transfer to NJ ?
                              CBPO Timeline
                              Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                              NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                              Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                              Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                              Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                              BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                              Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                              The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                              EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                              FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                              Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Out of curiosity, how often do CBPO's write reports and testify in court?

Also, say you were to get sick at FLETC and wanted to see a Doctor. Is there a facility on site to go to, or would you have to do so by other means?

Thanks
                                Last edited by furrball409; 12-22-2008, 12:11 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9625 users online. 371 members and 9254 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X