300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
    what are the places they can send me if NJ is my GEO pref.?
    They will always send you to newark for training. You will go to the port to do all your pre academy before FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by dam1ewr View Post
      They will always send you to newark for training. You will go to the port to do all your pre academy before FLETC.
      what about as far as i will be posted, after the academy, will it be in newark?

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
        what about as far as i will be posted, after the academy, will it be in newark?
        Pretty Much. Haven't heard of anyone going anywhere else with the geo pref of NJ. You don't know if you are doing airport or port till after Post academy classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
          during pre fletc training, are you actually working side by side with other cbpo's doing cargo inspections and stuff? or are you like in the office learning the routine and doing paperwork?
          Plan on doing a lot of paperwork and watching videos.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            Nah, if you didnt pass you'd still get a NOR that shows the code - IA
            You'll get it eventually, by mail, email or app manager
            Test Manager also showes that I took my BPA test but doesn't show the results. I took it at a compressed site, so I know I passed. I just wish it showed my CBPO test results. Thanks, I guess I have to wait for the mail.

Comment

• make it three for eastern tx.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedpolice View Post
                make it three for eastern tx.
                Hey, sorry didn't mean to leave you out.

Comment

• CASS says "Your case is in the security office," for the Background
                  Investigation field. How long will it likely take for me to hear from someone?

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
                    CASS says "Your case is in the security office," for the Background
                    Can't say for sure. It's been about 6 weeks for me and nothing:

Comment

it took me 10 months!! and i had nothing major in my background, no felonies, good credit, good driving record......never even been arrested. so it's pretty much a case by case thing.

Comment

• Took my exam in Virginia on 12/10 - just got my results (86) - letter sent 6 days after the exam - delivered to NJ in 4 days.
                        Last edited by AmahastPL; 12-20-2008, 11:59 AM.
                        CBPO Timeline
                        Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                        NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                        Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                        Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                        Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                        BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                        Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                        The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                        EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                        FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                        Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

Mine just switched (Friday) to Your background investigation is complete. I still haven't heard from anybody though and haven't met with the investigator. It must mean that it's completed on paper though...I expect to be waiting for a while though
                          CBPO - SW Border Locations, CA
                          Tested: 8/19/08
                          EOD: 2/23/09
                          FLETC: 3/25/09 Class 937

Comment

• Originally posted by C-BPO View Post
                            Mine just switched (Friday) to Your background investigation is complete. I still haven't heard from anybody though and haven't met with the investigator. It must mean that it's completed on paper though...I expect to be waiting for a while though
                            Why do you expect to be waiting a while? If your background is complete then your time line from test through background complete is about 4 months. That's very good for fed LE time line.

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                              Why do you expect to be waiting a while? If your background is complete then your time line from test through background complete is about 4 months. That's very good for fed LE time line.
                              I have been in TSU since 10/16/08 for San Diego and still haven't gotten a call. Just have to hope for funding or have higher priority over other ports is most likely the case. It could be soon though....or maybe not.

Comment

• u start getting paid once at pre-academy, correct?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5748 users online. 266 members and 5482 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X