300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBY:

It only took a few days for MHC to reactivate my application after I submitted the forms.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew23 View Post
      CBY:

It only took a few days for MHC to reactivate my application after I submitted the forms.
      I want to do that my backround is pending and my medical. what number should I call.

Comment

• How long do you have to work before you get the transfer.

Comment

• Originally posted by SLC2009 View Post
          Been reading here quite a while. Does any one know who or what department to contact to ask about position funding? I have been on the TSU schedule for 56 days. Each time I contact TSU I am told that I am waiting for funding. Total time now for the process is over 18 months.

There is nothing more frustrating than waiting for something to happen that no one knows how to get the ball rolling.

Thank you.
          i was in TSU for just over 5 months. my entire process was 1 yr.
          CBP officer
          Referred to EOD 07/07/08
          Newark, NJ
          Nov '07 tester
          FLETC class 923

Comment

• This board has been a lot of help for the last 6 months. I am new to the board and also in the hiring process for CPBO. I have completed everything except for the BI and qualifications. I would like to know which is better, Miami Airport or Seaport and is there a possibility that I can be transferred to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. Thanks
            Miami by way of Chicago
            Test 8/4/08
            TO 11/13/08
            Drug Test 11/13/08
            VBT 12/11/08
            Physical 12/16/08
            Qual 1/10/09
            Met BI 1/5/09
            BI cleared 2/19/09
            TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• LE .vs. not LE

Just to squash some of the arguing, this comes straight from cbp.gov:

Types of Careers with CBP
              In general, CBP has three categories of careers:

Mission Critical – Our Frontline Law Enforcement
              Most of CBP’s workforce serves on the frontline. We have three law enforcement careers:

Over 18,000 Border Patrol Agents protect 1,900 miles of our border with Mexico and 5,000 miles of our border with Canada. ( Border Patrol – Now Hiring! )
              More than 20,000 CBP Officers ensure the Nation’s safety by screening passengers and cargo at over 300 ports of entry. ( CBP Officer )
              Nearly 1,000 Air and Marine Interdiction Agents use their specialized training and high-tech equipment to prevent people, weapons, narcotics, and conveyances from illegal entry by air and water. ( CBP Air & Marine - Now Hiring! )
              Mission Critical – Not Law Enforcement
              CBP has other mission critical occupations that are serving on the frontlines but are not law enforcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew23 View Post
                Thanks for the info.

Was your GEO preference listed on the last announcement or did you just change your GEO preference? My GEO wasn't on this last announcement, but my application was reactivated under 09-01 anyway.
                If you're referring to LA, it was, and The location I picked had to be on the announcement (which was Florida -All other Locations). I just hope they hurry up with the BI clearance already!...
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• NOR not posted

When I log on to Application Manager, it shows that I applied for CBPO and took the test on 12/12/2008. It does not show my NOR under "Messages." My friend took the test the same day and received his NOR (an 83%) the same time CBPO showed up on Application Manager. Does it typically mean the person did not pass If everything except the NOR is there? Thanks in advance for any information.

Comment

• Just wondering...

Is there anyone on this board that has recently received an offer for Eastern Texas geo pref? Or anyone who is in TSU for Eastern Texas?
                    CBPO
                    Tested - 8/21/08
                    TO - 9/23/08
                    TSU - 12/23/08
                    Geo Pref - Eastern TX

Comment

• Originally posted by firecop_22 View Post
                      When I log on to Application Manager, it shows that I applied for CBPO and took the test on 12/12/2008. It does not show my NOR under "Messages." My friend took the test the same day and received his NOR (an 83%) the same time CBPO showed up on Application Manager. Does it typically mean the person did not pass If everything except the NOR is there? Thanks in advance for any information.
                      Nah, if you didnt pass you'd still get a NOR that shows the code - IA
                      You'll get it eventually, by mail, email or app manager

Comment

• what are the places they can send me if NJ is my GEO pref.?

Comment

• Originally posted by bulldog777 View Post
                          Just wondering...

Is there anyone on this board that has recently received an offer for Eastern Texas geo pref? Or anyone who is in TSU for Eastern Texas?
                          I think it's just you and me.

Comment

• How long does it take someone at GS-5 to move to GS-7?

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
                              How long does it take someone at GS-5 to move to GS-7?
                              1 year.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
                                How long does it take someone at GS-5 to move to GS-7?
                                And the time starts your first day of EOD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6603 users online. 264 members and 6339 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X